Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2009, 10:50 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryann1256 View Post
if some of you chose not to believe in God that does not mean he is not there..and his punishment still stands as well..at the name of Jesus every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that He is Lord over all
Not these knees, nor this tongue...I believe Jesus, if he existed at all ( no historical record of his existence) was nothing more than a man.
Exactly what punishment are you referring too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2009, 11:32 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,454,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Not these knees, nor this tongue...I believe Jesus, if he existed at all ( no historical record of his existence) was nothing more than a man.
Exactly what punishment are you referring too?
Actually, your knee will bow and your tongue will confess Jesus Christ as LORD, by your own freewill, but if you wait to do it on the Day you stand before Him in His Glory, it will be too late to help you, and you will lament sinking away from His Glory and Light.
Look, no one is in the lake of fire yet, and no one need go there because Jesus never made it for Adam/man. He made the lake of fire for the devil and his angels, but He came in flesh to atone for Adam, so as to redeem us back to Himself for the Glory to indwell, as His "House not made with hands", forever.

Quote:
1 Enoch
[Chapter 63]
1 In those days shall the mighty and the kings who possess the earth implore (Him) to grant them a little respite from His angels of punishment to whom they were delivered, that they might fall 2 down and worship before the Lord of Spirits, and confess their sins before Him. And they shall bless and glorify the Lord of Spirits, and say:
' Blessed is the Lord of Spirits and the Lord of kings,
And the Lord of the mighty and the Lord of the rich,
And the Lord of glory and the Lord of wisdom,
3 And splendid in every secret thing is Thy power from generation to generation,
And Thy glory for ever and ever:
Deep are all Thy secrets and innumerable,
And Thy righteousness is beyond reckoning.
4 We have now learnt that we should glorify
And bless the Lord of kings and Him who is king over all kings.'
5 And they shall say:
' Would that we had rest to glorify and give thanks
And confess our faith before His glory !
6 And now we long for a little rest but find it not:
We follow hard upon and obtain (it) not:
And light has vanished from before us,
And darkness is our dwelling-place for ever and ever:
7 For we have not believed before Him
Nor glorified the name of the Lord of Spirits, [nor glorified our Lord]
But our hope was in the sceptre of our kingdom,
And in our glory.
8 And in the day of our suffering and tribulation He saves us not,
And we find no respite for confession
That our Lord is true in all His works, and in His judgements and His justice,
And His judgements have no respect of persons.
And we pass away from before His face on account of our works,
And all our sins are reckoned up in righteousness.'
10 Now they shall say unto themselves: ' Our souls are full of unrighteous gain, but it does not prevent us from descending from the midst thereof into the burden of Sheol.'
11 And after that their faces shall be filled with darkness
And shame before that Son of Man,
And they shall be driven from his presence,
And the sword shall abide before his face in their midst.
12 Thus spake the Lord of Spirits: ' This is the ordinance and judgement with respect to the mighty and the kings and the exalted and those who possess the earth before the Lord of Spirits.'

Old 10-29-2009, 10:32 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Actually, your knee will bow and your tongue will confess Jesus Christ as LORD, by your own freewill, but if you wait to do it on the Day you stand before Him in His Glory, it will be too late to help you, and you will lament sinking away from His Glory and Light.
What have you got against a nice Jewish boy from Nazareth, that you won't let him rest in peace? If he could read everything you ascribe to him, he'd tell you, "Oy vey, stop already!"

Old 10-29-2009, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
What have you got against a nice Jewish boy from Nazareth, that you won't let him rest in peace? If he could read everything you ascribe to him, he'd tell you, "Oy vey, stop already!"
You set yourself up as a fiction writer?
The God of Glory lives. His name is Israel as second Son and firstborn and only living Son, and His name is Jesus/Salvation, to us for whom He is come in flesh to redeem from the blackness of darkness forever.

Who convinced you that you can ignore the Light of Christ which you have had lighting you from the time you came into this world; which Light you were born in, and live and have your being in; and which Light has called you in His gentle way and by His goodness to you, from the time you had a moral awareness of good vs evil, and right vs wrong?

Who convinced you that to ignore His Light, lighting you now, while you are in this world, is some great thing to do, and worthy of an "honor and of praise" among the deniers of Him who are under the power of devils and who do not love you, have no compassion for you, and who would rob you of the Glory which your Creator wanted to share with you, forever, from the time He wrote your name and bodily design and days in His Book of Life, before the foundation of the world.
Jesus Christ is come as the "Light to the Gentiles", the Savior of the world, and the only Wise God.
Quote:
Jude
Chapter 1

1:21 Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to eternal life.

1:22 On some have compassion, making a distinction,
1:23 and some save, snatching them out of the fire with fear, hating even the clothing stained by the flesh.
1:24 Now to him who is able to keep them from stumbling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory in great joy,

1:25 to God our Savior, who alone is wise, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and forever. Amen.

Old 10-29-2009, 02:51 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Who convinced you that you can ignore the Light of Christ which you have had lighting you from the time you came into this world...
There was never any need for convincing, as you put it. I happen to be Jewish, which means that I happen to practice the same religion as did Jesus of Nazareth. So you see, he and I have more in common than you and I. Now please show a little consideration and stop pushing your religion in my face. (I don't take it upon myself to speak for everyone else on C-D. They can tell you the same thing, if they choose. You may continue to fight your battles as you see fit. But please refrain from casting judgements. And you can save yourself some wear and tear on your fingers; endless quotations are not necessary).

Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
There was never any need for convincing, as you put it. I happen to be Jewish, which means that I happen to practice the same religion as did Jesus of Nazareth. So you see, he and I have more in common than you and I. Now please show a little consideration and stop pushing your religion in my face. (I don't take it upon myself to speak for everyone else on C-D. They can tell you the same thing, if they choose. You may continue to fight your battles as you see fit. But please refrain from casting judgements. And you can save yourself some wear and tear on your fingers; endless quotations are not necessary).
You face is free to go where it pleases and not to stop in front of my posts, is it not?
As to your being Jewish, by natural birth you have a position destined for glory, by election, but by rejection of the Light which is Christ, you can lose your destiny.
And I add nothing to your religion nor do I take anything away, except that I declare to you that your own Messiah/Christ is come, and He is EL-ELOHE-ISRAEL, in flesh, called Howshea/Salvation, by us.

The New Testament Gospel/Good News records were recorded by Believing, practicing Jews, who had met the Messiah/Christ/the Anointed/Elect One and who walked with Him and been taught by Him, for three and a half years.

Moses was given the pattern of the heavenly things to copy as oracles to teach us about "coming to Christ".
At Sinai, your people rejected the Light, and for that reason, they never entered into the true "Sabbath Rest" of ceasing from our own labors and entering into His Rest, walking in His Light of Salvation/Howshea", as a nation, but God has promised that a remnant will, when the fullness of the Gentiles is come in, as first harvest signed by Pentecost, of earth's sons of God by adoption.

Your sign/oracles given by Moses teach about the Person and work of Christ, and only by being blinded for rejection of the Light, can you not see.

And I am a daughter of AbraHAm, who was a Gentile, "of the nations", who was given the promise of the Spirit [Christ] of regeneration at his name change, and who is the father of all the Gentiles who are born of that Living Spirit of promise.
AbraHAm got the promise of the Living Spirit/Christ, who was to come in flesh, and Jacob got the name of YHWH Elohym "come in flesh" invoked over him and his seed, which name you are born into naturally, as a sign of the promise of adoption of the body.

The High Priest in Israel was "Anointed" with the oil of "Christ" as a sign of his serving in the office of Christ who was to come, and everything about the service in the temple performed by the high priest in Israel, serving in the office of Christ, was a rehearsal of the final performance of those things which Christ come in flesh was to perform for the final time.

The High Priest could never enter into the Holy of Holies without first offering sacrifices for his sins, and he was washed and dressed in the garments made for beauty and for "Glory", as signs/oracles of the New Man body of Christ, the Firstborn, High Priest and High King of earth, who was to come, and whose name is "Israel".

YHWH of hosts Himself appeared to Jacob and invoked His own Memorial, "YHWH of hosts", over Jacob, as Hosea 12:3-5 states. Jacob understood that he had "seen God, face to face", and that His own name was invoked over himself. Jacob made a memorial altar to His name, and called it " EL-ELOHE-ISRAEL =GOD, THE MIGHTY GOD, ISRAEL.
In Isaiah 49 YHWH speaks and says that His name is Israel, as second man/Ish.
For that reason, your people are the namesake people of the New Man name, who is YHWH Elohym come in flesh, the Mighty God, Israel

Old 10-29-2009, 07:15 PM

18 posts, read 29,417 times
I tire of posts talking about how we are going to suffer if we do not do such and such.

It is actually one of the reasons I got out of religion in the first place. I cannot understand a God that loves us but keeps the same mindset as Hitler, Stalin, and other tyrannical emperors...

"Follow me or suffer"

Old 10-29-2009, 07:53 PM

4,498 posts, read 6,314,046 times
YSM, what sect of Christianity do you belong to? Does it have a name? Is there a lot of you and do you meet and talk about all of this stuff? I'm curious because you have some of the strangest beliefs I have ever come across and I wonder if they are something you were taught by a church or if they are conclusions you came to yourself after a lot of reading.

Old 10-29-2009, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
YSM, what sect of Christianity do you belong to? Does it have a name? Is there a lot of you and do you meet and talk about all of this stuff? I'm curious because you have some of the strangest beliefs I have ever come across and I wonder if they are something you were taught by a church or if they are conclusions you came to yourself after a lot of reading.
I am just a born again in Christ, Bible Believing, female, Gentile, Christian.
Jesus saved me 40 years ago when my Southern Baptist "preacher's wife" sister got an intercessory burden for my soul and prayed with a death burden for my soul on her which was so heavy that she thought she would die, if God did not release her from it.
I am the product of her intercessory prayers and was saved by a miracle intervention of the Holy Spirit in my life, while alone in my living room that Oct 12 forty years ago. Sis lived 2500 miles away, and when the burden was lifted from her she had no idea that the prayers were answered, and she actually then got scared that it was too late for me, as I had been a very tough, hard, rebel. No one called on phones back then, but we did write letters and I did not write her about my miracle conversion and being born again in Christ, until Christmas. We got together 18 months later and she told me her side of the story.
I have always been in fellowship with born again in Christ believers since that day, and I have never, ever, called myself by any denominational name, though we always fellowshiped in denominational Chuches.
I began to read the Bible immediately after Jesus saved my soul, and I have never stopped. After many years of raising my family and reading the Bible, I was struck by this passage in Psalms when we were reading through the Bible in a year schedule, together as a family; "Open my eyes, that I may see Wondrous things from Your law.". I like the KJV way of saying it: "Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law";
That passage "got ahold of me" and I began to pray it to God, througout the days ahead, and one day when we were in a passage in Scripture in a study of John, I saw something I had never noticed before, about Jesus going to the cross to make us [fit to be] "houses/places" for the "Father -the Glory- to dwell in; and that was the beginning of "seeing" what is there.
The revelations of what is written just began to come all the time, with nothing new or unknown, but just seeing what was/had always been there all the time; and it has been a constant source of delight to discover what God has had there all the time, which answer the questions I had always had, but had never had time to study up on them, before the family was all gone because I was too busy with my family.
For months I had understandings of what was there, all the time, with Scriptures upon Scriptures opening up and correlating, and a search through old commentaters and old sermons from other men through the ages made me see that others, here and there, also saw the same, who studied with a heart to understand.
Then I discovered 1 Enoch, and it has been a pleasure to understand the One story our Creator has given us from the beginning, to the end, for our redemption. Enoch ties it all together to the Gospel of christ and the Revelation of John.
And anyone in my circle of friends and relations always talks about these things. It's just natural to discuss these things about the Person and work of Christ, when we talk...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality