Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2009, 08:39 PM

17 posts, read 67,326 times

Advertisements

I just found another reason to avoid Trinity Interdenomational -- they're selling books by Mike Bickle, founder and director of IHOP (International House of Prayer) in Kansas City. Bickle is a false prophet, someone who is talking about things like a "bridal paradigm", rebuilding the "spiritual Tabernacle of David" (a phrase that has its origins in the Latter Rain movement of the 1950s), and other New Age-ish sounding terminology that has no basis in scripture. Bickle is in the same crowd as Paul Cain, Bob Jones, and Rick Joyner, charismatic "prophets" (I use that term loosely in describing them) who have mixed a lot of mysticism in with Bible teaching and are feeding it to a lot of the unsuspecting masses in and around Kansas City, especially the young adults who flock to IHOP's 24-hour prayer center in droves. Bickle and his gang should be avoided like the plauge, and so should any church in Omaha that wants to endorse him. I have to be honest in saying that, right now, I don't have a very high opinion of the whole charismatic movement because of these men. Maybe there are some charismatic churches out there that have their heads screwed on straight, but I haven't seen any here yet.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:36 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,511,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer1965usa View Post
I just found another reason to avoid Trinity Interdenomational -- they're selling books by Mike Bickle, founder and director of IHOP (International House of Prayer) in Kansas City.

Bickle is a false prophet, someone who is talking about things like a "bridal paradigm", rebuilding the "spiritual Tabernacle of David" (a phrase that has its origins in the Latter Rain movement of the 1950s), and other New Age-ish sounding terminology that has no basis in scripture.

Bickle is in the same crowd as Paul Cain, Bob Jones, and Rick Joyner, charismatic "prophets" (I use that term loosely in describing them) who have mixed a lot of mysticism in with Bible teaching and are feeding it to a lot of the unsuspecting masses in and around Kansas City, especially the young adults who flock to IHOP's 24-hour prayer center in droves.

Bickle and his gang should be avoided like the plauge, and so should any church in Omaha that wants to endorse him. I have to be honest in saying that, right now, I don't have a very high opinion of the whole charismatic movement because of these men. Maybe there are some charismatic churches out there that have their heads screwed on straight, but I haven't seen any here yet.

King of Kings Lutheran Church of Omaha Nebraska

also has sold books by Mike Bickle, founder and director of IHOP (International House of Prayer)

Trinity Church of Omaha Nebraska has always been a supporter of Bickle's.

as has King of Kings Lutheran Church of Omaha Nebraska and its pastor Mark Zehnder

it is sad the members of those 2 churches and the others in the Omaha who support IHOP aka (International House of Prayer)

have no discernment skills

cause any church or ministry involved with Mike Bickle should raise a red flag

considering Mike Bickle's false teachings and his group's false predictions.

a magic 8-ball toy can tell the future more accurately than the clowns in Bickle's group.

BTW:

the Heartland Gatekeeper should distance itself from Bickle's group

but than again the people who write that monthly Omaha newspaper

could care less about sound doctrine and DISCERNMENT

I only say that cause they heavily promote false teachers and IHOP aka the International House of Prayer

Old 01-28-2009, 12:41 PM

2 more churches I would recomend avoiding

Covenant Family Church of Omaha Nebraska

and Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church of LaVista Nebraska

both support the false teachings of Jay West (who is a Todd Bentley and Benny Hinn water-carrier If you know what I mean

say, I heard that Shadow Lake church down in Papillion had a campus in the Millard area

is that true?

Old 01-28-2009, 05:59 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,514,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
say, I heard that Shadow Lake church down in Papillion had a campus in the Millard area

is that true?
Yes... took over the old Millard Bible Church building...

Old 01-29-2009, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave1215 View Post
Yes... took over the old Millard Bible Church building...
I know where that is.

it is near Super Saver and K-Mart at 144th street

Old 01-29-2009, 01:01 PM

26 posts, read 136,755 times
NO, I don't know what you mean. Would you please elaborate?

Last edited by MsBea_1; 01-29-2009 at 01:02 PM.. Reason: correction

Old 01-29-2009, 01:23 PM

2,589 posts, read 10,514,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea_1 View Post
NO, I don't know what you mean. Would you please elaborate?

Curious... which part of the discussion thread were you asking for elaboration on?

Old 01-30-2009, 09:39 AM

26 posts, read 136,755 times
the post from Billiefan that states.........2 more churches I would recomend avoidingCovenant Family Church of Omaha Nebraskaand Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church of LaVista Nebraskaboth support the false teachings of Jay West (who is a Todd Bentley and Benny Hinn water-carrier If you know what I mean

Old 01-30-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBea_1 View Post
the post from Billiefan that states.........2 more churches I would recomend avoidingCovenant Family Church of Omaha Nebraskaand Beautiful Savior Lutheran Church of LaVista Nebraskaboth support the false teachings of Jay West (who is a Todd Bentley and Benny Hinn water-carrier If you know what I mean

because Jay West pushes the false teachings of Todd Bentley and Benny Hinn and others like those two I mentioned

I would recomend folks avoiding those 2 churches

since their churches seem to be lacking discernment

no church in omaha can possibly have Jay West speak at their church or support West

unless they are also supportive of the false teachers he promotes.

BTW, many of the people that Jay West have promoted or supported

have made false predictions
(and therefore are false prophets

(see Matthew 24:24

West have never apologized or admitted any of the people he has promoted and supported were wrong

nor has any church in Omaha that JAY WEST frequently speaks at has

either repented for leading people astray with the false teachings of West and West's friends like Patricia King and Todd Bentley

I am saying since

both support Jay West's ministry and has never rebuked him for pushing false teachers

both those churches are complict in promoting false teachings

since they dont seem to care if Jay West is leading people astray by supporting Todd Bentley

BTW, TO THOSE who dont know who Todd Bentley is

YouTube - TODD BENTLEY RAGING REVIVAL

YouTube - Todd Bentley's Violent "Ministry" [Full Version] (WOTMR)

maybe of help

and that is what Jay West is promoting

and this is what the members and leaders of

and other Omaha area churches and omaha area ministries that support Todd bentley and Benny Hinn and others like those two

have refused to rebuke JAY WEST for promoting false teacher and false prophers

since they refuse to rebuke West or distance themselves from West's false teachings,

they are saying by not standing up for TRUTH, they are saying they support what Jay West is peddling

===========================================

Matthew 24:24

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders, so as to mislead, if possible, even the elect.

What prophecy is currently being fulfilled? (for sure, Apostasy

YouTube - What prophecy is currently being fulfilled?

Last edited by billiefan2000; 01-30-2009 at 11:38 AM..

Old 01-30-2009, 11:11 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,203,020 times
Todd Bentley strikes me as basically being a complete fraud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality