Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,045,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehenningsen View Post
all that people have to do is read other threads to know the type of 'christ-like' character you two truly have when it comes from people outside of your religeous acceptance of people with a different lifestyle..
You mean like the "acceptance" that you're offering to us?

Old 06-14-2009, 09:46 AM

1,119 posts, read 4,187,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
You mean like the "acceptance" that you're offering to us?
I am a christian, kdbrich..

I offer an extension of acceptance to everybody who does not go out in the world to step on other people's toes based on their own bigotry...

You see, there is a big difference in somebody believing something which is completely fine.. But then there are those who go around trying to enforce new laws so EVERYBODY has to live under your religeon's ideals.. Even though it takes away civil liberties..
And then when you guys go to your church's events, you all sit there and talk about how persecuted you are.. When in fact, people strike back by nature when they are struck at first..

You guys demand all of this respect from society, and yet you guys have no respect for anybodies beliefs but your own.. You spit on other people's beliefs..

Old 06-14-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I am a christian, kdbrich..
Good for you.
Quote:

I offer an extension of acceptance to everybody who does not go out in the world to step on other people's toes based on their own bigotry...
Good for you.
Quote:
You see, there is a big difference in somebody believing something which is completely fine.. But then there are those who go around trying to enforce new laws so EVERYBODY has to live under your religeon's ideals.. Even though it takes away civil liberties..
I agree. I don't believe in taking away anyone's civil liberties. I don't know where you get the idea that I want "new laws" forcing you to believe the way I do. I've never said that.
Quote:

And then when you guys go to your church's events, you all sit there and talk about how persecuted you are.. When in fact, people strike back by nature when they are struck at first..
No...we really don't. Would you like to come to church with me next Sunday? You'd likely find it's a bunch of pretty nice folks.
Quote:
You guys demand all of this respect from society, and yet you guys have no respect for anybodies beliefs but your own.. You spit on other people's beliefs..
You have every right to believe what you want. I can tolerate you disagreeing with me. Can you give me the same courtesy?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Good for you.
Good for you.
I agree. I don't believe in taking away anyone's civil liberties. I don't know where you get the idea that I want "new laws" forcing you to believe the way I do. I've never said that.
No...we really don't.
You have every right to believe what you want. I can tolerate you disagreeing with me. Can you give me the same courtesy?
kdbrich, I understand disagreements.. But I do not understand why so many people have been the subject of intolerance because of a personal belief.

Why would anybody who is trying to live a life in line with christ want to go around and adding to the suffering that society already is feeling?

I believe that people should live according to their own accord, UNLESS if another gets harmed..

The answers to life are not found in the complex algorithms that we build around our belief systems, but they are small, simple and easily understood and appreciated by all if they allow themselves to see it..

Even Christ said that there are 'two' laws, and they are to LOVE God and your fellow man.. Everything else is a personal covenant with God, if you hurt somebody else then you obviously sinned..

Also Jesus actually believed in seperation of church and state when he said 'let Ceasars be Ceasars and let Gods be Gods'... This is where the concept of seperation originated and believe it or not, it is biblical..

Old 06-14-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:
kdbrich, I understand disagreements.. But I do not understand why so many people have been the subject of intolerance because of a personal belief.
You don't tolerate me. You're the one here attacking me and others.
Quote:
Why would anybody who is trying to live a life in line with christ want to go around and adding to the suffering that society already is feeling?
I don't know. Not sure why you're suggesting I am.
Quote:
I believe that people should live according to their own accord, UNLESS if another gets harmed..
Good for you.
Quote:
The answers to life are not found in the complex algorithms that we build around our belief systems, but they are small, simple and easily understood and appreciated by all if they allow themselves to see it..

Even Christ said that there are 'two' laws, and they are to LOVE God and your fellow man.. Everything else is a personal covenant with God, if you hurt somebody else then you obviously sinned..
In the context, Christ was saying that if you love God you won't sin against him. But that's really neither here nor there--what are you trying to get at? I honestly don't mean to tell you how to live.
Quote:
Also Jesus actually believed in seperation of church and state when he said 'let Ceasars be Ceasars and let Gods be Gods'... This is where the concept of seperation originated and believe it or not, it is biblical..
In the context, Jesus was saying pay the taxes and obey the Laws that Caesar required. He really didn't use the phrase "seperation of church and state".

Spit it out...what are you REALLY trying to get at?

Old 06-14-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
You don't tolerate me. You're the one here attacking me and others.

I don't know. Not sure why you're suggesting I am.

Good for you.

In the context, Christ was saying that if you love God you won't sin against him. But that's really neither here nor there--what are you trying to get at? I honestly don't mean to tell you how to live.

In the context, Jesus was saying pay the taxes and obey the Laws that Caesar required. He really didn't use the phrase "seperation of church and state".

Spit it out...what are you REALLY trying to get at?
Immigrants, other religeons, democrats, blacks, mexicans, islam, (homosexuals) and countless others have taken a beating for people who go around dealing with the words that you and other self-righteous people have dished out... Again, if you don't understand what I am talking about, then go to the other threads and see the self-righteous behavior patterns you have been portraying in the other threads...

Old 06-14-2009, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Immigrants, other religeons, democrats, blacks, mexicans, islam, (homosexuals) and countless others have taken a beating for people who go around dealing with the words that you and other self-righteous people have dished out... Again, if you don't understand what I am talking about, then go to the other threads and see the self-righteous behavior patterns you have been portraying in the other threads...

I've never said that any of those groups of people are any less human than me. Christianity as a whole does not, either. I'm sorry if you feel you've been mistreated. You're still welcome, btw, to come to church next Sunday. You can even sit with me and my family.

Old 06-14-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I've never said that any of those groups of people are any less human than me. Christianity as a whole does not, either. I'm sorry if you feel you've been mistreated. You're still welcome, btw, to come to church next Sunday. You can even sit with me and my family.
I love God, and I talk to him everyday.. I work and go to school from dusk till dawn and that is basically all I do (except maybe poke my head in a message board or two ).. I don't party or do drugs and I feel that I have a powerful bond with God.. To me I don't need to go out and prove that I love him by making myself miserable by not having a life-partner..

I don't think people realize how much pain they add to society when they say and do the things they do..

Old 06-14-2009, 10:52 AM

Quote:
I love God, and I talk to him everyday.. I work and go to school from dusk till dawn and that is basically all I do (except maybe poke my head in a message board or two ).. I don't party or do drugs and I feel that I have a powerful bond with God.. To me I don't need to go out and prove that I love him by making myself miserable by not having a life-partner..

I don't think people realize how much pain they add to society when they say and do the things they do..

That's what this REALLY comes down to, isn't it? You feel that you should be justified in your homosexuality? I honestly humbly apologize if you feel that I look down on you, or if you have been mistreated.

In any event, the offer is still there. Shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to meet you at church any Sunday morning you want.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
That's what this REALLY comes down to, isn't it? You feel that you should be justified in your homosexuality? I honestly humbly apologize if you feel that I look down on you, or if you have been mistreated.

In any event, the offer is still there. Shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to meet you at church any Sunday morning you want.
I may soon do that kdbrich!.. You will find that as a person, I am a very friendly person that knows how to work and care for society.. You will also find that I don't ask for anything but the right to live.. I give much more than I take, and not because I do it out of obligation, fear or anything that makes me do it against my will.. I am this way because I 'do' care, and I am loyal to God and humanity..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality