Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 02:02 AM

3 posts, read 6,443 times

Advertisements

The Uncommon Church is a young Church in the city of Omaha that is passionately bringing change to its community and serving the under priviledged. Hundreds of addicts, homeless people and such are being served and ministered to monthly by this group which by the way is NOT affiliated with any so-called "Word of Faith" movement or organizations. The Uncommon Church is a non-denominational, independent Church founded on the principles of God's word to advance the cause of Christ and His Kingdom on Earth.

It is very shameful to see the pressumptive ignorance of some so-called bloggers who because of their narrow minded stereotype or personal agenda lead many astray... I am utterly heart broken that BILLIEFAN2000 who (I am assuming) professes Christ BUT has NEVER visited the Uncommon Church, nor have a clue about the heart of its pastors and leadership will take it upon him or herself to judge and discredit a Church body! Evidently this person has not even read the book "ChurchShift" (I have), otherwise he would not be so ignorant to call it a "prosperity" gospel message.

BILLIEFAN2000 or should I say Joshua... there is an old saying ... "Never judge a book by its cover". Just because a pastor was ordained by Rod Parsley does not mean that he preaches the same message and who made you a judge anyway over the people of God. These are the types of attitude and behaviour that attract God's wrath and we wonder what happened to certain people who claim to serve God! Remember the Bible declares that we should never curse those who God has blessed! Goodluck with your campaign my friend!

Before sounding off on matters you do not understand, spend some time to do some due diligence. In such a way that you would not come across uninformed and a stumbling block in the cause that Jesus died for. See for yourself because pictures are worth a thousand words ... http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=239437057355

For those looking for a Church, Do not be misled by the vain philosophies of men and misinformed assumptions based on a personal grudge or just sheer ignorance. THE UNCOMMON CHURCH COMES VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED AND YOU SHOULD CHECK THEM OUT FOR YOURSELF but even more importantly, let the Holy Spirit guide you as to what Church you should be plugged into not some stranger's ideology.

God bless you!

Citizen of the Kingdom of God.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiefan2000 View Post
I would also recomend avoiding:

Old 02-04-2010, 07:21 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,565,440 times
^ Interesting.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:53 AM

3,098 posts, read 7,512,719 times
to kingdom:

my apologizies then to Uncommon church

I meant no dis-respect, I was just saying cause the pastor was talking he was ordained by Rod Parsley, I said to take caution

cause Parsley and other wof have said some things and a lot of pastors tend to be silent on guys like Parsley leading people astray

but thanks for clearing the record on Uncommon church

Old 02-04-2010, 12:26 PM

6,484 posts, read 6,591,387 times
Kingdom.....is the Uncommon Church affiliated with a larger denomination or group? Are they a Word of Faith church?

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 PM

4 posts, read 11,984 times
Calvinist, what church do you attend? Are you on staff there or are you just a memeber? Have you had collegate training in how to interprate scripture? Please answer all the questions instead of just certain ones.

Old 03-18-2010, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by member2004 View Post
Calvinist, what church do you attend? Are you on staff there or are you just a memeber? Have you had collegate training in how to interprate scripture? Please answer all the questions instead of just certain ones.
Not sure how it's relevant, but no--I'm not on staff at any church, nor am I ordained. I have had collegiate training. The rest is not relevant.

Old 03-19-2010, 08:46 AM

I believe it is relevant because you attack churches for doing things you don't agree with, but then you apparently LOVE to HIDE, did you get that, HIDE, behind some name on here. It is relevant! I want to know where you attend so that I can go there and aparently experience the one church in Omaha that Jesus attends. Quit hiding and let us see if your church has anything wrong with it! Oh, and you maybe asking, "What biblical grounds does this guy have to tell me not to hide behind a name?" Well I am pretty sure that when Jesus was calling out the Pharasees for doing things improperly he wasn't sending it to them in a letter, he said it to their face. They knew who was telling them they were doing things wrong. So in conclusion I feel as though everything you say has and always will be without merrit because you have no grounds in which to speak until you have established yourself.

Old 03-19-2010, 09:32 AM

Quote:
I believe it is relevant because you attack churches for doing things you don't agree with, but then you apparently LOVE to HIDE, did you get that, HIDE, behind some name on here. It is relevant! I want to know where you attend so that I can go there and aparently experience the one church in Omaha that Jesus attends.

I've never suggested that. There are plenty of good churches in Omaha. I'm not on staff at a church though, and don't speak for any church.

Old 03-19-2010, 01:35 PM

Calvinist, why are you so afraid to let people know where it is that you attend? You bash nearly all the churches in Omaha and yet you lay no claim to a church. Wouldn't you agree that your authority for speaking out against other churches has no grounds? That would be like walking onto a construction site and telling the foreman that he is building the house all wrong and when he asks you, "And I should believe you because you work where...?" Then telling him, "well I don't work in construction, but I know a little bit about it and what your doing is just not working." Sounds pretty dumb right?

Old 03-22-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Calvinist, why are you so afraid to let people know where it is that you attend? You bash nearly all the churches in Omaha and yet you lay no claim to a church. Wouldn't you agree that your authority for speaking out against other churches has no grounds? That would be like walking onto a construction site and telling the foreman that he is building the house all wrong and when he asks you, "And I should believe you because you work where...?" Then telling him, "well I don't work in construction, but I know a little bit about it and what your doing is just not working." Sounds pretty dumb right?

I don't speak for any church, and won't have my name tied to them. I do attend and am a member of an area church, but it's none of your business. My statements stand on their own and do not need the benefit of a degree or ordination behind my name.

As for me bashing churches? I haven't bashed anyone. I've pointed out the non-biblical practices of a few. I'm sorry if that bothers you.

Last edited by Calvinist; 03-22-2010 at 11:29 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality