U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-07-2019, 08:58 PM
 
40,426 posts, read 11,389,133 times
Reputation: 5214

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What I meant of the centurian, it was a time of faith, Jesus himself could not heal without faith, it was the faith that healed, but those disciples who recieved a stronger power than Jesus, they NEEDED NO FAITH, The blind man they healed did not have to believe bro, understand?

After they recieved the spirit, they were given an uncommon power where there was no need for other's faith to even interact, as you said,'' THEY HAD THE RIGHT AND THE POWER TO ASK ANYTHING OF GOD AND HAVE NO DOUBT THEY WOULD RECIEVE.

Todays Christians wont even admit this fact, that the New Testament ASSURES those indwelled with power that it flat out didn't matter what they asked, THEY RECIEVED, and this is something NO CHRISTIAN can do, and so they need to stop lying to themeslves, they DO NOT HAVE POWER THAT THEY CAN ASK ANYTHING, That is my point.
So prayer doesn't work - at least in the way promised in the Gospels. And so you will not try. Fair enough.

I'll just mention that the gospels (as one might expect) are contradictory about what is needed to effect healings and the like. Sometimes Jesus can do it by his power no matter what the being thinks about it (demons, for example). It can be done no matter what faith the sick person has is some other person has it (The centurion surely was a believer in Jupiter as God, though maybe that would do). The disciples could not heal a boy in Matthew because they didn't have enough faith, though Luke says that even faith as small as a 'mustard -seed' will do it. Though mark says of the same miracle that you can only do it with fasting and prayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Trans, what I said of Mountains is a fact, Jesus was in NO WAY speaking of a mountain or in NO WAY, speaking of a fig tree EVEN THOUGH one was withered, a mountain IS NOT a mountain, and a fig tree IS NOT what Jesus was showing, it was not his meaning in the least, he was speaking of spiritual mountains and a spiritual fig tree, and a spiritual harvest
In fact (or so i argue) the whole thing is a metaphor for Jesus being rejected by the Jews (as the gospels portray it) which is why Jerusalem fell in the Jewish war. The figtree is a symbol of the ripeness of the times - or not in this case- which is why God 'cursed' Jerusalem and destroyed it just as Jesus destroyed the fig -tree. That was the Christian view which (incidentally) is what Mara bar- Serapeon was referring to in his letter when he says that the Jews didn't gain much out of killing 'their wise king'.

Nevertheless, the assurance given in the gospels is clear. Whatever you ask for in Faith gill be given to you. And as you say, this isn't the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-07-2019, 09:04 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,553 posts, read 5,201,448 times
Reputation: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
So prayer doesn't work - at least in the way promised in the Gospels. And so you will not try. Fair enough.

I'll just mention that the gospels (as one might expect) are contradictory about what is needed to effect healings and the like. Sometimes Jesus can do it by his power no matter what the being thinks about it (demons, for example). It can be done no matter what faith the sick person has is some other person has it (The centurion surely was a believer in Jupiter as God, though maybe that would do). The disciples could not heal a boy in Matthew because they didn't have enough faith, though Luke says that even faith as small as a 'mustard -seed' will do it. Though mark says of the same miracle that you can only do it with fasting and prayer.
Yeah, I don't yet understand that fasting and praying stuff, just saying, the New Testament is speaking to Gentiles converts of Judaism who had the spirit, and nobody has had that spirit in 2000 years.

I am not afraid to be tested, like I said, the Earth loves me, this is a fact, and while it may seem confusing to others, it is not to mè
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2019, 09:32 PM
 
40,426 posts, read 11,389,133 times
Reputation: 5214
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
^Fun video. I recommend it.
Glad you liked it Here's more.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfZFsXfCy6s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-09-2019, 03:39 AM
 
Location: Germany
5,514 posts, read 1,056,616 times
Reputation: 767
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I find it both fascinating and tragic that people are so set in their belief systems with no evidence whatsoever, but they refuse to listen to any sound logic or evidence. All that they do is talk past each other.
Irony.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
There are a hundred different experts about Jesus, none of whom have actually considered checking with those that follow his and his follower's teachings in the Scriptures.
Why would experts check with people who ignore what those experts say?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 07:57 PM
Status: "My posts are my "beliefs"..." (set 5 days ago)
 
Location: Southern California
1,878 posts, read 1,800,231 times
Reputation: 225
Good work. I'm not a Muslim, but I believe Jesus was / and still is... the son of God... not God. Just as all men on this earth are sons of God. The difference with Jesus ... his soul was created to receive God's very essence and substance... His Divine Love... and once his soul was completely transformed and totally Divine, as God is Divine, Jesus was assured of immortality. This happened at the ceremonial baptism with his cousin, John the Baptist.

Because Jesus accepted God's Love and discovered that he was the true Messiah of the Old Testament, it means that all of God's children now have the opportunity to receive God's great gift of Love and can follow in Jesus' footsteps and become Divine Angels, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,553 posts, read 5,201,448 times
Reputation: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Good work. I'm not a Muslim, but I believe Jesus was / and still is... the son of God... not God. Just as all men on this earth are sons of God. The difference with Jesus ... his soul was created to receive God's very essence and substance... His Divine Love... and once his soul was completely transformed and totally Divine, as God is Divine, Jesus was assured of immortality. This happened at the ceremonial baptism with his cousin, John the Baptist.

Because Jesus accepted God's Love and discovered that he was the true Messiah of the Old Testament, it means that all of God's children now have the opportunity to receive God's great gift of Love and can follow in Jesus' footsteps and become Divine Angels, too.
To add to your good post, Jesus was a man who lived by example for other men, Jesus had to be born of a virgin, but this is said of all Gentiles ,and Jesus came walking as the son of Joseph to later come as the son of David.

Gentiles have to choose to become submissive virgins to Christ, and never having met or known their husband, behold, the virgin is with child as the scripture says, BUT NOT ONLY THIS........God has created a new thing in the world where a swollen pregnant virgin will raise her son on the milk of the word until he can eat the meat of the word, and thus,'' The virgin shall bear a son in pregnancy that is a mature 30 year old man in the spirit, and this is what Jesus did, he came as the one and only true virgin, where all flesh is a tabernacle enhousing a spirit as it is with the spirit indwelling the house, Jesus was the only trueTabernacle, the only true righteous pure virgin by flesh that completely house the spirit of God

The temple is built in the anatomy of a virgin, and Jesus being that one pure virgin, FINALLY consummated a marriage with God where that consummation was witnessesed by the blood and the water. The blood and the water spilled out of Jesus just as it has been practiced for thousands of years at the feast of Tabernacles where there is two bowls set in the alter for the wine and the water. It is said that nobody could possibly know what Joy really is unless they have been to the water ceremony of the Feast of Tabernacles.

There are 3 processions of priests followed by the multitude of the congregation, each procession has it's own mission to collect the water, the wine, and the tree limbs(mecicine)

The congregation is following the 3 processions in great joy and crying the whole way that they are a part of collecting the water, wine, and tree limbs.

They bring the willow branches in such a gathering as to sound like a wind storm coming into the temple, and aspirin is made with the willows, and medicine from the balm, from the etrog, the mustard, the oil, and this during the wine harvest being the greatest medicine.

In great joy and crying, they bring the water, the wine, and they take the limbs and make a sukkah, a tabernacle, and then the water and the wine is poured into two bowls in the alter that have holes in the bottums to release the water and the wine.

The water and the wine spill out and the congregation is frantic, in an uproar of expectation in screaming out with tears of joy proclaiming,'' SAVE NOW.''

This is all at the moment when the water and blood spill out from the alter as a witness.

The friend of the bridegroom would go inside the tent to take out the sheets to display to all the congregation to look at the sheets, to see the water and the blood as a witness in any legal congregation.

It is these two witnesses taken from the body of Jesus that we are born and created from his own body, the blood and the water.

At the moment Jesus died, the veil in the temple HAD TO BE RENT, AS A SIGN OF THE CONSUMMATION.

That Tabernacle ALWAYS represented a virgin who was indwelled by a husband, a spirit.

Jesus was that one pure virgin, that one pure tabernacle housing the spirit of God.

AS ALL MEN ARE PLANTED IN THE EARTH AS SEEDS, so too was Jesus after the consummation. Jesus was planted as a seed like all men, but he became the firstfruit of many firstfruits to follow.

Jesus was planted in tne Earth as all men, but he became the first born son of THIS EARTH, with many other sons to follow.

The Earth had literally been impregnated with her first born son.

The first born son of the Earth, among many sons to follow.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; Yesterday at 08:59 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
 
40,426 posts, read 11,389,133 times
Reputation: 5214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, I don't yet understand that fasting and praying stuff, just saying, the New Testament is speaking to Gentiles converts of Judaism who had the spirit, and nobody has had that spirit in 2000 years.

I am not afraid to be tested, like I said, the Earth loves me, this is a fact, and while it may seem confusing to others, it is not to mè
I provided a test and you refused it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 08:07 AM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,553 posts, read 5,201,448 times
Reputation: 1602
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
I provided a test and you refused it.
What test, I didn't see it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:20 AM
 
40,426 posts, read 11,389,133 times
Reputation: 5214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
What test, I didn't see it.
The water into wine prayer- test. If I had a memory as bad as yours, you wouldn't have to wriggle out of a prediction before it was due - you could bet on me going under a bus because i forgot what the colours meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old Today, 10:25 AM
 
Location: Booth Texas
15,553 posts, read 5,201,448 times
Reputation: 1602
I do have seriously bad memory, I think it get's worse everyday, I don't remember, but I suspect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top