Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 03:14 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Promise fell from Abraham to Isaac, and then it fell to Jacob, and then to Judah. Judah is that tree, Israel is that tree where Gentiles can be grafted as a branch to Israel, and that is what the first Christians did, they became Israel, and Messiah only has a covenant for Judah and Ephraim, Gentiles came under the promise to the lost ten tribes of Ephraim, but that was 2000 years ago, and since then, no Gentiles were grafted into the covenant of Jesus because they would not convert and become one with the chosen people, they stopped being grafted and adopted 2000 years ago. But then, Christians don't care what the actual covenant says, they just make up their own, one that does not exist.
So Abraham and Moses are in hell as per modern day Christian doctrine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 05:23 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Not necessarily. I get assured, from time to time, by Christian apologists, that nobody can count on being Saved - it's up to God. He can save anyone he wants, and damn anyone he wants. And who are we to Question him, eh? No, All you can do is grovel till your knees bleed, Fear hell until your hair falls out and hope for the best.

Old 08-07-2019, 08:59 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
So Abraham and Moses are in hell as per modern-day Christian doctrine?
NOBODY is in Hell and no one will be because it does NOT exist.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:37 AM

23,148 posts, read 10,445,085 times
Quote:
Every sctipture of hell refers to the outer court, and there is still salvation in the outer court, and every scripture of hell concerns the outcome of the feast of Tabernacles.

Christians are always speaking of idioms and sayings about the temple and the feasts, but they don't know anything about the feasts or the temple, and so hell seems real to them, but it certainly isn't.

If Jesus sits on his throne to separate the goat and the sheep, this isn't speaking of the wicked and the righteous, it is speaking about a single person, and this is where Christians get confused about a religion they don't know or practice.

Old 08-20-2019, 01:52 AM

3 posts, read 1,293 times
John 1:1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

GodSworD is living. Yeshua prayed or spoke GodSworD. The Holy Spirit is within us and we each individually are gods but God of Israel is GOD of all gods. We are made in His image. Yeshua prayed to Almighty God directly. We pray to Yehovah in Yeshua's name but Yeshua (Jesus) prayed directly to God (ultimate all knowing ALMIGHTY CREATOR)

Old 08-21-2019, 06:08 AM

So far we have seen the responses to to OP's post (Islam is as able to point out that much of the Jesus story argues for Jesus Not being God) being little more than mindless Preaching. With Mystic posting Plonking assertions that he apparently expects to be be accepted without question. It at least shows that Faith -based belief is impervious to reasoned argument.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:13 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,017,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
So far we have seen the responses to to OP's post (Islam is as able to point out that much of the Jesus story argues for Jesus Not being God) being little more than mindless Preaching. With Mystic posting Plonking assertions that he apparently expects to be be accepted without question. It at least shows that Faith -based belief is impervious to reasoned argument.
I find it both fascinating and tragic that people are so set in their belief systems with no evidence whatsoever, but they refuse to listen to any sound logic or evidence. All that they do is talk past each other.

There are a hundred different experts about Jesus, none of whom have actually considered checking with those that follow his and his follower's teachings in the Scriptures.

Old 08-21-2019, 07:18 AM

13,011 posts, read 13,047,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I find it both fascinating and tragic that people are so set in their belief systems with no evidence whatsoever, but they refuse to listen to any sound logic or evidence. All that they do is talk past each other.

There are a hundred different experts about Jesus, none of whom have actually considered checking with those that follow his and his follower's teachings in the Scriptures.
So you have evidence that the Biblical scriptures are factually true, and report actual events? You have evidence that Jesus Christ actually existed and was the incarnate son/third entity of God? You have evidence that God exists?

Old 08-21-2019, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

There's probably a good reason why they don't bother asking those with an inbuilt bias for accepting whatever the Bible says without question. Subject, of course with it agreeing with what they personally agree with.

Old 08-28-2019, 08:06 PM

3 posts, read 1,293 times
I grew up in a Catholic church. I am ashamed to admit that as a child I regret going and didn't get the sermon. I did not get it ... until I attended a Protestant and a Baptist Church. I felt the breakdown of scripture helped me understand GodSworD. I went through a lot being abandoned by some family, husband and friends. I had a nervous breakdown almost but whenever I called on Yeshua (Jesus) I was comforted. I'd cry out for God of Israel in Yeshua's name and He'd comfort me in every way many times miraculous.

My heart aches for each and every human om this medium whom questions or does not believe in God. This world run by evil men is satan's - the only way to overcome satan is with God's light obtained through believing. Spend time reading a study Bible and anything you don't understand search for an abse after you pray ... God is real people. I would be dead without Him
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality