Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 05:45 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,649,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Are you kidding?
He wrote the Book!
He personally lasered the Ten commandments into stone tablets, twice! Otherwise, He dictated to His prophets, like Moses, who wrote what He said to write, Moses wrote that YHWH said "write thus and so".

BTW: as "God the Word" He also wrote the "Scripture of Truth" in heaven for the angels to read and to know what will befall the sons of Adam from the beginning to the end. Enoch saw those tablets in heaven, and the angel told Daniel what would befall his people [Israel] which was written in those tablets in heaven, until the end, in Daniel 10:21, which comprise Daniel 11 and 12, int he telling of the events which would take place.

The actual translation of the words in Daniel 10:21 state:
Daniel 10:21: But [I will] shew [thee that which is] noted/written/inscribed [in the] Scripture of Truth: [and there is] one/echad [who] binds [with me in? -probably just- "these things"], Michael your prince.
Though I do not subscribe to the same belief as you YSM...you have shown no disrespect or outright ill-will...so I extend respect to you, and acknowledge your right for you to have your belief.

I realize there are many many millions of people that believe the Bible literally, just like you do. I would ask you though, and I mean no disrespect, to try to be open to all concepts and understand that the Bible has been tainted by evil men with a quest for power and money that polluted it so it would give a message that would further their agenda.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2010, 06:00 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
The thread about the book of Jesus got me to thinking about a question that has never even occurred to me before. I think it would be likely that Jesus like most of the population at the time would have been unable to read or write although I've never heard anyone express an opinion on it. Of course if he was able to turn water into wine I wouldn't think that it would have been difficult at all to do so (obligatory sarcastic remark). When you stop and think about it the Bible only contains written accounts of the life of Jesus that were written long after his death. Because Christians believe that the Bible is God's word wouldn't it have made alot more sense to have Jesus contribute a certain portion of the Bible in his own words? That would have ended so much of the speculation and unanswered questions regarding his life and his message. Has anyone ever heard of anything whatsoever that was ever written and directly attributed to Jesus?
Agreed. What we are getting in the Bible is second-hand information and much of what he taught is not in there. That's why... in the years 1914 to 1923, he used the mediumship of Washington DC attorney James Padgett to write automatic messages that explained exactly what his teachings were and are. During these years, Padgett received close to 2,500 spirit communications. This may sound far-fetched and unbelievable, but a thorough reading of them, a comprehension, and a consideration of whether they are true or not must be done in order to determine the veracity of the writings.

The first published book of these messages was in 1940 and the second volume in 1950... both of these editions are no longer in print... the first one titled True Gospel Revealed Anew From Jesus and a second edition titled Messages from Jesus and Celestials... and the second volume titles were Book of Truths and Messages from Jesus and Celestials, vol. 2. I was able, through the interlibrary system, to obtain the first volume from 1940 and also I was able to buy the Book of Truths on Amazon earlier this year, however, not sure if that book is currently available anywhere else.

Subsequent printings are available on Amazon and they're titled True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, vols. 1 through 4.

And these messages can be found on the internet... my friend currently has 275 messages on his website, Truth for all people.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

On my website, I have posted over 400 of the messages in chron order, but there are still many more to be done and I'll get back to that project later this year, as my website will be getting an update and a new name.

Celestial Vision Productions

But the chron messages, which are messages from Padgett's wife, family and friends, as well as Jesus, his disciples, and many other well-known religious and political leaders and others can be read online here:

The Padgett Messages

Last edited by SoCalAngel2009; 09-04-2010 at 06:38 AM..

Old 09-04-2010, 12:15 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
It seems the Knights Templar had discovered such a book when they were exivateing the ruins of the Temple in Jerusalem and this is what had the Pope at the time in turmoil and what caused him to align himself with king Phillip. So the Pope declared an edict that the Knights Templar were heretics and worse, Satanists....So, king Phillip under his direction had them all rounded up and tortured them to discover the secret of their wealth, for king Phillip was in debt to the Knights Templar for a lot of money...So, all this transpired on Friday the 13th day of a month and year i cannot remember without looking it up and this is why the superstition of Friday the 13th being an unlucky day...But, the wealth was never found by the King and the book was never recovered by the Pope...both are still out there somewhere...
It was Friday October 13th, 1307. I know because my own birth was on Friday the 13th of October in the morning amidst a major lightning storm. It terrified my superstitious mother.

Old 09-04-2010, 12:58 PM

1,743 posts, read 2,159,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
I know your partially kidding but I could see that the atheist would just say no other culture around Israel had Uzis or missles so it is obviously a myth that God gave them those things. Actually it is to Gods glory that the surrounding nations were stronger and more 'advanced' because it is God who gets the glory for their victory and survival not their own ingenuity - at least that is how the OT describes many a instance. All the other cultures at that time are gone - not the Jews.

And does god also get the glory for the acts of genocide against every man, woman, child - and even animals, that the Israelites committed under his direction?

Old 09-04-2010, 01:39 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
Mystic, I know you said you were old but I had no idea you were born in 1307!!

Old 09-04-2010, 01:45 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
But you know it's all true because poeple said it was.
People said the world was flat and people believed that too.

Old 09-04-2010, 02:13 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Mystic, I know you said you were old but I had no idea you were born in 1307!!
He, he . . . It's magic, Troop!

Old 09-05-2010, 03:22 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Though I do not subscribe to the same belief as you YSM...you have shown no disrespect or outright ill-will...so I extend respect to you, and acknowledge your right for you to have your belief.

I realize there are many many millions of people that believe the Bible literally, just like you do. I would ask you though, and I mean no disrespect, to try to be open to all concepts and understand that the Bible has been tainted by evil men with a quest for power and money that polluted it so it would give a message that would further their agenda.
Dan Brown?...

Old 09-05-2010, 04:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Agreed. What we are getting in the Bible is second-hand information and much of what he taught is not in there. That's why... in the years 1914 to 1923, he used the mediumship of Washington DC attorney James Padgett to write automatic messages that explained exactly what his teachings were and are. During these years, Padgett received close to 2,500 spirit communications. This may sound far-fetched and unbelievable, but a thorough reading of them, a comprehension, and a consideration of whether they are true or not must be done in order to determine the veracity of the writings.

The first published book of these messages was in 1940 and the second volume in 1950... both of these editions are no longer in print... the first one titled True Gospel Revealed Anew From Jesus and a second edition titled Messages from Jesus and Celestials... and the second volume titles were Book of Truths and Messages from Jesus and Celestials, vol. 2. I was able, through the interlibrary system, to obtain the first volume from 1940 and also I was able to buy the Book of Truths on Amazon earlier this year, however, not sure if that book is currently available anywhere else.

Subsequent printings are available on Amazon and they're titled True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, vols. 1 through 4.

And these messages can be found on the internet... my friend currently has 275 messages on his website, Truth for all people.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

On my website, I have posted over 400 of the messages in chron order, but there are still many more to be done and I'll get back to that project later this year, as my website will be getting an update and a new name.

Celestial Vision Productions

But the chron messages, which are messages from Padgett's wife, family and friends, as well as Jesus, his disciples, and many other well-known religious and political leaders and others can be read online here:

The Padgett Messages
You should read the OT and see what God has to say about communicateing with the dead...

Old 09-05-2010, 05:11 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,553,213 times
The Gospel of Luke mentions Jesus reading.

"And he came to Nazareth, where he was brought up: and he went into the synagogue according to his custom, on the sabbath day: and he rose up to read. And the book of Isaiah the Prophet was delivered unto him. And as he unfolded the book, he found the place where it was written: The spirit of the Lord is upon me. Wherefore he has anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor, he has sent me to heal the contrite of heart, to preach deliverance to the captives and sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, to preach the acceptable year of the Lord and the day of reward." Luke 4:16-19

In one of the more well-known parts of John Jesus is described as writing on the ground.

"And this they said tempting him, that they might accuse him. But Jesus bowing himself down, wrote with his finger on the ground. When therefore they continued asking him, he lifted up himself and said to them: He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. And again stooping down, he wrote on the ground." John 8:6-8
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality