Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 05:36 AM

2,958 posts, read 2,560,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
to those of us who follow the Divine Love path..
Kinda' above the frey aren't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 05:38 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Not really. Science has the way of offering an explanation or possible explanations. One is then free to explore further if so inclined.

Religion on the other hand has but "one" answer, godunnit or "only believe" or "renew your mind daily" (read:take your daily dose of delusion)

Errors have been shown in the bible and yet no one has bothered to edit them out because of the belief that some goatherder's writings of 2000+ years ago is the inerrant wurd of gawd. When errors are found in science, science corrects them.

Actually teaching creation in schools would be no problem for me.

I would simply gather all the science books, pile them up on my desk, take the bible and rip out Genesis 1-3, place them alongside and say to the class, pointing to the lil' pile of pages from said bible, this is all you need to know about how the world works, we can just ignore these, pointing to at least 3 piles of text books piled 20 or so high. Then proceed to read to the class the genesis 1-3 accounts, after no more than 5 minutes, dismiss the class and tell them they have graduated in all the known sciences of the world.

Questions not allowed, because it is clearly stated in the first 3 chapters of the bible. and of course because gawd saiddit, it must be true.

Then sit back grinning as the class exists the class with WTF looks of their faces.

"Tomorrow we discuss how rainbows are made" and of course tell them about teh fludd, all the while leaving these piles of real science books on my desk.

One could of course go on to other topics such as the uncleanliness of women with periods if the class is gender mixed, telling the boys that wet dreams make them unclean and should not come to class till they have bathed themselves.

One week of this and I am sure I would be reported by a student for not doing my job. Then we could get down to the real education.

I do not think the fundies have really thought this creation as science crap out properly
There is a source on the internet, which I was unable to post successfully yesterday, which addresses many of your concerns about what is truth and what is not.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

Blessings.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:42 AM

Quote:
There is a source on the internet, which I was unable to post successfully yesterday, which addresses many of your concerns about what is truth and what is not.

http://www.truthforallpeople.com

Blessings.
What is truth and what is not is science. Religion...all religion is superstition.

SUPERSTITION...A belief for which there is no material evidence.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Kinda' above the frey aren't you?
Yes.

The Divine Love path is, indeed, way above any others.

One of the many beauties of receiving Divine Love is the fact that not only does it bring to us the most wonderful love... it brings to us knowledge and insight and wisdom.

I know that within you there is a heart beating for love and your soul is possibly seeking that which your mind has discounted as being false.

When we have an awakening that it is our souls that must be nurtured and taken care of... and not our minds... we discover a whole new purpose and reason for living.

Blessings.

Old 11-08-2009, 05:51 AM

Quote:
What is truth and what is not is science. Religion...all religion is superstition.

SUPERSTITION...A belief for which there is no material evidence.
I believe I posted on another thread that true religion is your personal relationship with God... that's it.

Religious doctrine is man-made and may or may not contain real Truth.

I do not believe in superstitions.

I believe in facts and reality and Divine Love.

Welcome to my world.

Blessings.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I do not believe in superstitions.
Oh yes you do...you just don't realize it

Old 11-08-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Oh yes you do...you just don't realize it
If I told you there is no such thing as the Devil and that it is only a symbol of evil, what would you say?

If I told you there is a Hell, but there is no lake of burning fire, what would you say?

If I told you that if you should find yourself in Hell after you leave this earth life, that it is not a permanent condition and that you will be able to get out of Dodge, what would you say?

I hope you would say... and how is it that you know such things.

To which I would lead you to this website so that you can learn more.

http://truthforallpeople.com

Blessings.

Old 11-08-2009, 08:20 AM

Quote:
If I told you there is no such thing as the Devil and that it is only a symbol of evil, what would you say?

If I told you there is a Hell, but there is no lake of burning fire, what would you say?

If I told you that if you should find yourself in Hell after you leave this earth life, that it is not a permanent condition and that you will be able to get out of Dodge, what would you say?.
I'd say one of two things

1) You Haven't Read The New Testament

2) You Did Not Understand It

Old 11-08-2009, 08:24 AM

Quote:
I'd say one of two things

1) You Haven't Read The New Testament

2) You Did Not Understand It

So then are you saying you actually believe in the NT?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
So then are you saying you actually believe in the NT?
Absolutely not! Did I someway begin to respond to someone other than who I intended?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality