U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 08:51 AM

4,484 posts, read 3,611,335 times

Advertisements

I have to come on here and say HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Yes, I celebrate it. I live in America, and I love this country and this holiday. I love the freedom we have to celebrate the holidays we choose to celebrate.
Hope everyone has fun !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2009, 09:52 AM

24,889 posts, read 19,948,387 times
I will not be going to the "Orange Festival" as it is said in my new town today. My son will be celebrating Halloween, trick-o-treating, and wearing a costume.

I hear Christians complain that the atheists have taken over Christmas, and destroyed its meeting. However, they have already done the same thing to Halloween.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:17 AM

1,387 posts, read 2,082,356 times
Default Happy Halloween!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:23 AM

80 posts, read 134,228 times
Halloween is a thinly veiled Satanic holiday, and therefore, I want no part in it. But thank you for wishing me a happy one.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:34 AM

10,930 posts, read 21,207,065 times
I love Halloween. You have to admit the Pagen holidays are almost always the most fun. Bring em on!!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 10:39 AM

2,551 posts, read 3,674,197 times
HAPPY HALLOWEEN! To all of you...

I'm not celebrating this year, but definitely next year (money is kind of tight right now for me and too many drunks out on the road). So, maybe next year when I'm in Florida already or something.

Old 10-31-2009, 10:51 AM

4,380 posts, read 2,755,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander M. View Post
Halloween is a thinly veiled Satanic holiday, and therefore, I want no part in it. But thank you for wishing me a happy one.

Satan must love plastic masks and candy. What a terrible guy! Much better it is to send children to a local church's "Hell House" so they can be psychologically terrorized by images of a torturous afterlife, created by a "loving" god.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:02 AM

2,551 posts, read 3,674,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Satan must love plastic masks and candy. What a terrible guy! Much better it is to send children to a local church's "Hell House" so they can be psychologically terrorized by images of a torturous afterlife, created by a "loving" god.

That reminds me of a church that I used to go to here in Prescott, called the Potter House (also known as The Door). I was a member there for 6 months (from Sept. 2004 to 2005). They had a Halloween "Hell House" thing, and I was very disgusted by it.

It's a very fanatical church and the members frown on you when you don't show up to a service and such. I got out of there real soon. The last 3 months I only went sporadically and just never came back again.

Halloween isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Just for fun (for the kids, mainly). I don't know why some religious groups (such as Potter House) think it's all about Satan and stuff....Sheeesh!!!

Old 10-31-2009, 11:15 AM

80 posts, read 134,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Actually, if you did some research on Halloween's origins, you'd know that trick-or-treating is an ancient Druidic practice intertwined with human sacrifice, and that Jack-0-Lantern's are actually meant to mark homes which are friendly to Satan and his minions.

Old 10-31-2009, 11:54 AM

4,380 posts, read 2,755,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander M. View Post
Actually, if you did some research on Halloween's origins, you'd know that trick-or-treating is an ancient Druidic practice intertwined with human sacrifice, and that Jack-0-Lantern's are actually meant to mark homes which are friendly to Satan and his minions.
And yet we can be sure that there will be no human sacrifices tonight. Just plastic masks and candy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality