Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:26 AM

57 posts, read 134,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
Who wrote them down and when?

Whoopee!!!
Moses wrote the events down. Not sure of exactly how much later, but there was at least an oral tradition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You are aware that the events of genesis, creation, Adam, Eve and Eve's sin are only myths aren't you?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
The 'facts' about Krisha is what disturbs me, however. The lists seems to go out of its way to show that the New Testament writers copied every detail about Krishna on wholesale level and on every detail even down to insignificant details. I find it kind of suspect.

That being said, I am not disagreeing that the fantastic tales told about Jesus are not products of wild imaginations using older motifs. I KNOW this was the case.
Or it could be that the hindus that created the krishna myth off of Christianity. Can you give me some examples of some documenation stating that the myths existed prior to Christianity?

A quick google search found this comparing them:

KRISHNA NOT EQUAL TO CHRIST

It would seem there are some claims about krishna...but not a lot of documented facts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
You are aware you were born when you were born, right?

This proves absolutely NOTHING my friend.

So, the Hindus had a copy of the King James Version 3,000 years ago to take to make up their own deity?
You're just a few fries short, aren't you? You don't get my point?

The OT existed long before the 200 BC or so that it's claimed krishna lived...and the NT documents were written prior to about 100 AD. The 4 Gospels were written by about 60 AD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Do you realise that the Vedic scriptures go back 6000 years compared to Christianity, at 2000 years?
And the Bible as a whole goes back to the day of creation. Your point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 11:39 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huh? View Post
The 4 Gospels were written by about 60 AD.
Balderdash!! Try Matthew, Mark and Luke between 50 - 80CE and John about 100CE.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:44 AM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,126 times
Quote:
You're aware that the events of Genesis took place at the time of creation, right?
14.5 billion years ago? Doubtful. The events in the book of Genesis were directly plagiarized from the earlier creation stories of Sumerians, namely the Enuma Elish.

Quote:
Jesus was prophesied about in Genesis 3--when Adam and Eve sinned.
No, he wasn't. All your so-called "prophesies" are amount to a whole lot of wishful thinking and pounding square pegs into round holes. Not to mention, the authors of the Jesus myth simply tailored the story to "fulfill" the dodgy OT prophesies.

Quote:
So the hindus took the prophecies and made up their own deity....woopee.
No, actually it was the (originally polytheist) Hebrews who took the Sumerian and Egyptian myths and made up their own deity and religion.

Old 11-02-2009, 11:53 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Huh, give it up, you're dealing with experts here, who were "forcibly put through Sanskrit classes, have read all the Vedas cover to cover, and are well versed in the Gita, Upanishads and the like."

Old 11-02-2009, 11:58 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,724,950 times

Click image for larger version

Name:	krishna-christ.jpg
Views:	46456
Size:	115.0 KB
ID:	52163

Old 11-02-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Do you have some examples of some hindu texts pre-dating Christianity?
You're joking right? !!!

Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
I see brokeback mountains behind LMAO

Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
I see brokeback mountains behind LMAO
it's an unavoidable thought when viewing that picture.
just cracks me up.
so much for the gopis.
(our shared love [not that kinda love although .... i sure wouldn't mind being a gopi back in the day] for krishna may be one of the very few things we have in common).

Old 11-02-2009, 12:10 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,003,260 times
Quote:
You're just a few fries short, aren't you?

I REALLY love that response. I really do considering my username. No offense taken at all, but you seem to have all the answers on this so I'll step aside for now.

I can just see Moses up on Mt. Sinai listening to voices tell him about how the world began zillions of years before his time. lol

Old 11-02-2009, 12:42 PM

57 posts, read 134,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
You're joking right? !!!
Not at all. I'd like to see actual documentation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality