Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 03:31 AM

3 posts, read 3,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh? View Post
I understand that there are hindu texts prior to Christ. My point is that I am skeptical that there are actual texts that document the krishna myth to the extend that the OP stated. If the OP is going to make the statement, he/she should back it up.
No there are no texts prior to around 400 AD present in physical form.Though the content of these texts refer to time periods much bfore jesus,even before krishanji himself.The refrences go back millions of yrs as is the case of adam n eve and genesis being a refrence to a time much before the text was actually written.
But HOLD on dude..there is proof.Krishanji was not a myth.
The mahabhartha tells of DWARIKA.The city made by vishwakarma ,the architect of the gods on the order of krishanji.This city sank to the bottom of the ocean after krishanji left this world.i.e died.
Now a few yrs back this city was actually found under the sea on the coast of dwarka(a modern day city with the same name) in gujrat.
Exactly where the mahabharatha says the city was.
The artefacts recovered by divers were carbon dated n guess what..the result was astonishing.These artefacts were dated to a period between 5-7 thousand bc.The same time period given according to the mahabharata.
Apart from that there is a temple in modern day dwarka.Now due to some repairs being done there the foundations were dug up.Upon doing that it was found that there was another temple beneath it...further excavation revealed there was another temple beneath that as well...in total there were 6 temples built one on top of the other.Now inside the remains of the very first n deepest one were found a few artefacts which were said to be krishanjis own..including the panchajanya conch.
You can check it out on youtube.If you can locate it theres a video of the entire search.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2010, 06:01 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Krishna is a "womanizer". It's a well known fact.

Krishna killed "Karna" and defended it, even. The circumstances leading to Karna's death would have one conclude that Krishna was a manipulative maniac bent on the destruction of a good man, just to get the Pandavas to win. And here he is pitting brother against another. Arjuna and Karna were born of the same woman.

Sorry, Jesus is flawless, truly "God" in character and actions.

Nonetheless, Karna, Arjuna and Krishna are super hunks I've admired since my kiddo years. Each of these guys has a spectacular trait which makes a man a man

Karna is probably the most flawless and the most hapless character in the Mahabharatha and he stands out from the rest.
king kamsa was hardly a good man,he was an evil tyrant,infact he was a demon king,many dem ons back then took the form of kkings and possdessed great mystic power,,,,but the thing is when Krishna kills a demon the demon is automaticallytransfered back to the eternal spiritual dim ension,something that can take millions of lifetimes to acheive even for the great mystic yogis

even when Krishna kills a demon He bestowes a benediction,,,love thy enemy and all that,but hey if its best for the world to rid this demon then Krishna will certainly do so to protect His devotees

Old 08-07-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Huh, give it up, you're dealing with experts here, who were "forcibly put through Sanskrit classes, have read all the Vedas cover to cover, and are well versed in the Gita, Upanishads and the like."
i find that hard to beleive-----youve read ALL these scriptures????

Old 08-07-2010, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huh? View Post
I understand that there are hindu texts prior to Christ. My point is that I am skeptical that there are actual texts that document the krishna myth to the extend that the OP stated. If the OP is going to make the statement, he/she should back it up.
christianity started many years after Jesus birth,

one minute your saying-how can there be any hindu texts prior to christianity,then your saying i know there are text prior to Christ,,,i am confused

Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 AM

3 posts, read 3,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
i find that hard to beleive-----youve read ALL these scriptures????
No.Not even the most highly enlightened sages have read all the scriptures.But just like most of the western world knows of jesus's story.Krishanji is a household name in india.
Its is humanly not possible to read all the scriptures.Wotever is left of them.

In reality the story of the indian subcontinent predates any other in this world.
Vedic texts have time and again been declared 'of non-human origin' because of the knowledge in them.
WE INDIANS KNEW HOW TO MAKE AN NUCLEAR BOMB THOUSANDS OF YRS BFORE THE EGYPTIANS EVEN EXISTED OR THE SUMERIANS...
WE KNEW ABOUT THE EXPANSION AND CONTRAPTION OF THE UNIVERSE EONS BFORE EUROPE WAS INHABITED BY NEANDERTHALS.
OUR SCRIPTURES R PROBABLY THE ONLY ONES WHICH ACTUALLY MENTION THE EXISTENCE OF NEANDERTHALS.
N YOU KNOW WOT...THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IS ALSO A SUB-SUB-SUB-OFFSPRING OF SANSKRIT.
IAM SURE MOST OF YOU ARE WELL VERSED WITH THE REASON BEHIND WW2.N HITLERS OBSESSION WITH BEING AN ARYAN...!!
EVEN THOUGH HIS ACTS CAN NEVER BE FORGIVEN ,THE ARYAN FACTOR IS OF GR8 IMPORTANCE.YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT 'ROOT RACE' ON WIKI.

Old 08-16-2010, 10:35 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,358,226 times
You just hit the nail on the head OP, and the tip of the iceburg. If you keep reading, you'll realize that Judeo-Christian-Islam belief systems are nothing more than evolution of polytheistic and/or mystic belief systems. This evolution was necessary in order to convert natives who believed in their own gods to new religions - otherwise, they likely would have rebelled against new invaders / conquerors / settlers. So, basically, we all still worship the sun and the moon, just wrapped in neo-modern psychobabble.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:15 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,345,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus View Post
Krishna is my co-pilot!
I agree!

Old 08-17-2010, 05:07 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times

YouTube - Parallels Between Jesus and Horus an Egyptian Sun God

Old 06-24-2011, 10:49 PM

1 posts, read 709 times
Krishna is said to had 108 names,How about Jesus.
Udarath

Old 06-25-2011, 11:31 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,276,876 times
Before Jesus there were many others....Horus(egypt 3000 bc) was an almost exact replica of the bibles Jesus....others included Attis(greece 1200 bc)....Mithra (persia 1200 bc).....Krishna (india 900 bc)...Dioysus (greece 500 bc) and a whole host of others before Christ.....Interestingly enough...all were supposedly born from virgins,all were born on dec 25, all were crusified, buried, and resurrected......the stars play a big part in this.......but to think that Jesus is the ONLY one is to have your head in the sand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality