Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 09:28 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,209,347 times

Advertisements

Krishna is the second person of the Hindu Trinity. He is considered to be one of the incarnations of the God Vishnu. Some Hindus believe that he lived on Earth during perhaps the 2nd or 3rd century BCE. Jesus of Nazareth is generally regarded as having been born in Palestine circa 4 to 7 BCE.

Are the similarities in the lives of these individuals mere coincidence? You be the judge:

Jesus and Krishna were called both a God and the Son of God.Both was sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man.Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity.His adoptive human father was a carpenter.A spirit or ghost was their actual father.Krishna and Jesus were of royal descent.Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star.Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to kill the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination. The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna's parents stayed in Mathura.Both Jesus and Krishna withdrew to the wilderness as adults, and fasted.Both were identified as "the seed of the woman bruising the serpent's head."Jesus was called "the lion of the tribe of Judah." Krishna was called "the lion of the tribe of Saki."Both claimed: "I am the Resurrection."Both referred to themselves having existed before their birth on earth.Both were "without sin." Both were god-men: being considered both human and divine.They were both considered omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.Both performed many miracles, including the healing of disease. One of the first miracles that both performed was to make a leper whole. Each cured "all manner of diseases." Both cast out indwelling demons, and raised the dead.Both selected disciples to spread his teachings.Both were meek, and merciful. Both were criticized for associating with sinners.Both encountered a Gentile woman at a well.Both celebrated a last supper. Both forgave his enemies. Both descended into Hell, and were resurrected. Many people witnessed their ascensions into heaven.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 09:38 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times

Krishna is a "womanizer". It's a well known fact.

Krishna killed "Karna" and defended it, even. The circumstances leading to Karna's death would have one conclude that Krishna was a manipulative maniac bent on the destruction of a good man, just to get the Pandavas to win. And here he is pitting brother against another. Arjuna and Karna were born of the same woman.

Sorry, Jesus is flawless, truly "God" in character and actions.

Nonetheless, Karna, Arjuna and Krishna are super hunks I've admired since my kiddo years. Each of these guys has a spectacular trait which makes a man a man

Karna is probably the most flawless and the most hapless character in the Mahabharatha and he stands out from the rest.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post

Krishna is a "womanizer". It's a well known fact.

Krishna killed "Karna" and defended it, even. The circumstances leading to Karna's death would have one conclude that Krishna was a manipulative maniac bent on the destruction of a good man, just to get the Pandavas to win. And here he is pitting brother against another. Arjuna and Karna were born of the same woman.

Sorry, Jesus is flawless, truly "God" in character and actions.

Nonetheless, Karna, Arjuna and Krishna are super hunks I've admired since my kiddo years. Each of these guys has a spectacular trait which makes a man a man

Karna is probably the most flawless and the most hapless character in the Mahabharatha and he stands out from the rest.
That's not really what I was looking for....how do you explain the similarities between the two....keep in mind Krishna came long before Jesus.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:51 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,000,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Krishna is the second person of the Hindu Trinity. He is considered to be one of the incarnations of the God Vishnu. Some Hindus believe that he lived on Earth during perhaps the 2nd or 3rd century BCE. Jesus of Nazareth is generally regarded as having been born in Palestine circa 4 to 7 BCE.

Are the similarities in the lives of these individuals mere coincidence? You be the judge:

Jesus and Krishna were called both a God and the Son of God.Both was sent from heaven to earth in the form of a man.Both were called Savior, and the second person of the Trinity.His adoptive human father was a carpenter.A spirit or ghost was their actual father.Krishna and Jesus were of royal descent.Both were visited at birth by wise men and shepherds, guided by a star.Angels in both cases issued a warning that the local dictator planned to kill the baby and had issued a decree for his assassination. The parents fled. Mary and Joseph stayed in Muturea; Krishna's parents stayed in Mathura.Both Jesus and Krishna withdrew to the wilderness as adults, and fasted.Both were identified as "the seed of the woman bruising the serpent's head."Jesus was called "the lion of the tribe of Judah." Krishna was called "the lion of the tribe of Saki."Both claimed: "I am the Resurrection."Both referred to themselves having existed before their birth on earth.Both were "without sin." Both were god-men: being considered both human and divine.They were both considered omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent.Both performed many miracles, including the healing of disease. One of the first miracles that both performed was to make a leper whole. Each cured "all manner of diseases." Both cast out indwelling demons, and raised the dead.Both selected disciples to spread his teachings.Both were meek, and merciful. Both were criticized for associating with sinners.Both encountered a Gentile woman at a well.Both celebrated a last supper. Both forgave his enemies. Both descended into Hell, and were resurrected. Many people witnessed their ascensions into heaven.
As much as I am an agnostic and would find this information valuable as yet more proof that the Christian claims about Jesus is fraudulent, I always find this type of info to be very reaching if not, in part, false.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
As much as I am an agnostic and would find this information valuable as yet more proof that the Christian claims about Jesus is fraudulent, I always find this type of info to be very reaching if not, in part, false.
Well these are the verifiable facts of the two....the similarities are amazing and I'd really like an explanation for it....considering one lived or the myth lived way before the other one.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:12 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
That's not really what I was looking for....how do you explain the similarities between the two....keep in mind Krishna came long before Jesus.
It's mere coincidence. Let's face it, every religion is basically about good and bad. There are good forces, there are bad. There is an all out war and good finally triumphs.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's mere coincidence. Let's face it, every religion is basically about good and bad. There are good forces, there are bad. There is an all out war and good finally triumphs.
I understand that but what I'm saying is Krishna came first and Jesus came later.....how is it that there are so many similarities to their stories?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,850,754 times
Quote:
I understand that but what I'm saying is Krishna came first and Jesus came later.....how is it that there are so many similarities to their stories?
Because all new religions take the bits that they like from preceding religions.....always have done. Many of the stories in the Bible can be found in the preceding Babylonian and Sumerian religions.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Because all new religions take the bits that they like from preceding religions.....always have done. Many of the stories in the Bible can be found in the preceding Babylonian and Sumerian religions.
EXACTLY...so what does that mean for Christianity?

Old 11-02-2009, 10:29 AM

57 posts, read 134,826 times
Do you have some examples of some hindu texts pre-dating Christianity? Or the OT prophecies/teachings regarding the Messiah?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality