U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-03-2009, 05:27 AM

276 posts, read 447,052 times

Advertisements

In the beginning God created Adam and Eve and the two had sons Cain and Abel, but Cain killed Abel then he ran away to some already existing civilzation then he got married. Hold on a minute but the only humans that existed after abel was killed were Adam, Eve and Cain how deluded is this story, wouldn't you bible believers have reasonable clarified answer to this error or delusion?

Apparently Cain named this new civlization Enoch, forming the land of Enoch. I understand the bible teaches some good morals, but these simple mistakes fail to convince me that the bible is the word of God, neither is the quran it is another oath nor any other religion all man made.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 06:12 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,362,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackdonekings View Post
he ran away to some already existing civilzation
quote that for me so I know what you are looking at?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanMolstad View Post
quote that for me so I know what you are looking at?

'he ran away to some already existing civilzation' technically Cain found a wife in the east of Eden, she must have been raised by her family it's that simple like every person is raised by a parent, unless God created her specifically for Cain but the bible does not clarify that. There are too many bible versions that come up with different meanings which one of them is right?

Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 AM

40,059 posts, read 20,026,481 times
Quote:
In the beginning God created Adam and Eve and the two had sons Cain and Abel, but Cain killed Abel then he ran away to some already existing civilzation then he got married. Hold on a minute but the only humans that existed after abel was killed were Adam, Eve and Cain how deluded is this story, wouldn't you bible believers have reasonable clarified answer to this error or delusion?
You want a reasonable, clarified answer? That's easier than you seem to have imagined. Ready? Here goes...

The story of Adam & Eve was not meant to be taken literally.

There. Problem solved.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
You want a reasonable, clarified answer? That's easier than you seem to have imagined. Ready? Here goes...

There. Problem solved.
Then bible does not solve the conundrum as it stands as the 'word of God' God is doing nothing man changes the words, makes rules, accomplishes morals, creates beliefs and man alone destroy them not God. Man only gets wiser by learning from mistakes most biblical prophets came are teaching how to be morally good but since it was written in the ancient times everything seem to be linked to God without the name of science

Old 11-03-2009, 08:37 AM

1,186 posts, read 1,453,502 times
Quote:

Apparently Cain named this new civlization Enoch, forming the land of Enoch. I understand the bible teaches some good morals, but these simple mistakes fail to convince me that the bible is the word of God, neither is the quran it is another oath nor any other religion all man made.

EVE and ADM were the only human being in the earth
and at that time it was legal and necessary for the brother to marry his sister
but there was a special case and and a special rule
the case was
EVE give birth a male and a female at the same time
and they are not allowed to get married
but the male should marry the female from the next pregnancy
And vice versa
of course this case and rule is by ALLAH
and after some time ALLAH forbid the marriage of brothers and sisters

Old 11-03-2009, 08:41 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,000,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post

There. Problem solved.
I was waiting for someone to answer in this manner.

The bible lacks in obvious truth, so it must be interpreted to put forth its meaning. Never mind it is interpreted by multitudes of people differently, while others say it is the precise word of god.

To make it work, all you have to do is make it as you go along and claim god told you to.

Nonsense.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 AM

9,621 posts, read 6,990,698 times
Talking Joke of The Day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
EVE and ADM were the only human being in the earth
and at that time it was legal and necessary for the brother to marry his sister

Wait now... you mean... there were rules for human behavior in effect before Adam and Eve arrived, even though there was no-one to obey them? Who created and wrote out these rules, and for whom were they intended? I'm confused. This seems like a construct of convenience.

but there was a special case and and a special rule
the case was
EVE give birth a male and a female at the same time
and they are not allowed to get married
but the male should marry the female from the next pregnancy
And vice versa
of course this case and rule is by ALLAH
and after some time ALLAH forbid the marriage of brothers and sisters
You DO understand what happens genetically when siblings marry, right? Almost immediate genetic difficulties. But so, to continue the silly fable... (), after the brother and sister married and had kids, who did THOSE geneticially disadvantaged offspring marry and breed with?

So far we've only got avbout 4 - 6 kids in total on the Earth. Where did all the other necessary genetically variant breeding-partner individuals come from? You're still stuck with only two to begin with.

I van see why Allah stopped the practice, else they'd have to have opened the world's first genetic diseases lab right there in the desert. Oh yeah, I forgot: there'd be no-one to work there.

Sorry, it just doesn't compute. In a rational world that is.

(BTW, You guys never seriously work these things all the way out, do you? You stop when it's convenient.
How convenient!)

Wait... you're just making this up to be humorous, right? Hey... good one! Thanks!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:00 PM

24,939 posts, read 18,523,302 times
These five siblings parents are first cousins. Not only have they never been able to walk properly, but all five are also mentally retarded....I'd say they are an indicator of what can result from inbreeding.

I can't imagine the human race beginning this way.

YouTube - Family that walks on all fours

Old 11-03-2009, 12:04 PM

57 posts, read 91,508 times
The theory is that the human gene pool was not corrupted yet, and in-breeding was not an issue. Or maybe God created more wives for the men. Or maybe God granted them the ability to procreate w/out issues.

If God is able to create the universe by speaking, I'm pretty sure he can work it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality