U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 03:29 PM

20,015 posts, read 20,557,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
How would you know "him"? Would he be a white man?
John 10:27 "My sheep recognize my voice and I know them and they follow me".

Why do you ask if he's a white man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 05:49 PM

208 posts, read 324,051 times
Does He have to come at 3PM? Can He come at 8 AM? The earlier the better! LOL

I am ready for the Lord. Fortunately, He would come at this time of my life and not, say, more than 5 years ago when I was lost and messed up. Now He would have to come in all his Glory like it is explained in Revelations, otherwise he would be another false prophet.

I would not try to convert anyone. It may be too late for them anyway. They must accept Jesus from the heart not just from the fear that "oops, He really does exist let me repent now"! I can't judge them, but we are all given free will and it is up to God to decide if they truley are repentful.

I can only speak for myself and say Jesus come quickly! I'm ready for eternal life! Hopefully, I'll be worthy to partake in His Banquet. Amen.

Jesus Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed !

Old 05-11-2007, 05:57 PM

508 posts, read 1,120,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch00 View Post
I have emphasized a portion of your OP.

If I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that christianity were true and the 2nd coming were absolutely, really going to happen... well, then I would not be an atheist. Of course I would repent, accept, all that other stuff.

I think that you have either phrased the question poorly, in that one cannot know that divine things are going to happen and still be an atheist. OR, you do not really understand what being an atheist means.

For the record, I am not denying god, or refusing to believe in him, or ignoring him. I honestly, truly, from the top of my head to the bottom of my feet, do not believe that he exists in any form whatsoever.
For understanding, can you help me clarify from an atheist standpoint here. If Christ were coming and everyone knew it was Christ, wouldn't it still be possible for you to simply deny that Christ was in fact Christ and that he was just some guy or something like that? If so, would you still consider yourself an atheist, or would you be something else at that point?

Old 05-11-2007, 05:59 PM

508 posts, read 1,120,991 times
a friend from my small group called me the otherday out of the blue and simply said to me, "When is Christ coming back because I am ready and tired of waiting? This world is to wicked for me anymore." I had to think on it for a while because it is such a powerful statement, and I agree. I would drop to the ground and rejoice my Lord and savior.

Old 05-11-2007, 06:06 PM

1,408 posts, read 3,512,537 times
Come, Lord Jesus, Come!!!!

I would again try to take as many with me as possible and I'd probably be a lot more urgent in telling everyone.

Sometimes I feel our world is about to implode on itself with so much wrong going on and seemingly little hope for it getting better.

So...I hope I'm singing or praying or thinking good thoughts when He comes!

Old 05-11-2007, 06:18 PM

190 posts, read 329,523 times
Although I am ready to meet Jesus, my family isn't. I'm still praying for their salvation. I think that's why the Lord tarries. He wants everyone to come to repentance and be saved. That's why I keep witnessing and just living my life so they can see Jesus. People want to know why we keep telling them about Jesus. It's because we love them and don't want them to go to an eternal hell. It's like if I saw someone in a burning building and I didn't try to save that person, but just walked away. I was on my way to hell, and someone told me about Jesus and prayed for me. I promised the Lord He can send me and I will do the same. Whoever wins souls is wise!

Old 05-11-2007, 06:28 PM

12,382 posts, read 14,706,055 times
I sure hope I am ready, He will let me know!!Pssstpssst we're all kidding, right, we don't know, and I think Jesus even said that only the Father knows. But , just in case lets all try to be ready by then

Old 05-11-2007, 07:36 PM

246 posts, read 432,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Although I am ready to meet Jesus, my family isn't. I'm still praying for their salvation. I think that's why the Lord tarries. He wants everyone to come to repentance and be saved. That's why I keep witnessing and just living my life so they can see Jesus. People want to know why we keep telling them about Jesus. It's because we love them and don't want them to go to an eternal hell. It's like if I saw someone in a burning building and I didn't try to save that person, but just walked away. I was on my way to hell, and someone told me about Jesus and prayed for me. I promised the Lord He can send me and I will do the same. Whoever wins souls is wise!
Great attitude

Old 05-11-2007, 07:37 PM

246 posts, read 432,767 times
[quote=I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA;703262]John 10:27 "My sheep recognize my voice and I know them and they follow me".
QUOTE]

yes, yes we sure do

Old 05-11-2007, 07:43 PM

954 posts, read 58,869 times
[quote=GausJAMS;704415]
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
John 10:27 "My sheep recognize my voice and I know them and they follow me".
QUOTE]

yes, yes we sure do
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (Just kidding)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality