Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 07:45 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times

Advertisements

[quote=pladecalvo;704438]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! (Just kidding)
Does this mean you converted (just kidding too)

Last edited by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA; 05-11-2007 at 08:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2007, 07:48 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTbound View Post
How would you know "him"? Would he be a white man?
Why the heck would he be white he's from the middle east

He was born in Bethlehem for cripe sakes

Sometimes the intelligence in this room is astounding
just not right now

Old 05-11-2007, 07:53 PM

246 posts, read 649,322 times
Funny, ILNC and Plad -
but, is there a deeper meaning going on?
Wolf n sheep's clothing! ha!

Old 05-11-2007, 07:55 PM

23,015 posts, read 34,378,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
Funny, ILNC and Plad -
but, is there a deeper meaning going on?
Wolf n sheep's clothing! ha!
I hope you didn't think my reply was to you, it was to Plad

Old 05-11-2007, 07:57 PM

646 posts, read 1,610,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
For understanding, can you help me clarify from an atheist standpoint here. If Christ were coming and everyone knew it was Christ, wouldn't it still be possible for you to simply deny that Christ was in fact Christ and that he was just some guy or something like that? If so, would you still consider yourself an atheist, or would you be something else at that point?
I think that you have a basic misunderstanding of what makes me an atheist. Or what makes most people atheists.

You said: If Christ were coming and everyone knew it was Christ,

Ok, if I knew it was Christ, I would accept him as god. I would repent, and be honestly truly sorry. I would admit fully that I had been wrong. Without hesitation.

I am not wilfully denying JC to annoy you, or others, or god, or to live life in any particular way, or because I think that I am too clever for my own good. I am not even so sure that the word 'deny' is applicable. I do not believe in the christian god because I have looked at the evidence and found it woefully lacking. In fact, I have found contradiction in the bible, between the bible and reality, and logical problems with what god is supposed to be, and how he is portrayed in the bible. Leaving christianity was not something that I did lightly, easily, quickly or without much thought and debate. I honestly, truly think that you are living your life, as a christian, as a deluded person following fairy tales concocted by goat herders who have been dead 2000 years.

Sorry to be harsh, but you asked.

Now, it is possible that I could be wrong. Should that prove to be the case, I will change my mind. But so far, I have not seen any burning bushes. That guy at work who annoys me has not turned into a pillar of salt. God has not stopped by my house for a beer, and to tell me that he exists. Once something miraculous happens to convince me that miracles can occur, and that they have their source in a christian god, I am in church like a flash.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:03 PM

246 posts, read 649,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I hope you didn't think my reply was to you, it was to Plad
I know, just wanted to enjoy a laugh. Very funny

Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 PM

508 posts, read 1,673,407 times
Well thank you for your honesty. I wasnt looking for insults as I gave none to you. Luckily for you the day that you speak of will come and you will have your opportunity.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:04 PM

954 posts, read 813,138 times
[quote=I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA;704446]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pladecalvo View Post

This this mean you converted (just kidding too)
Ha! You've got more chance of growing another head!

Old 05-11-2007, 08:11 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,718,827 times
Let's drop the comments about whether Jesus was white or not. That can be construed as a racist remark. Whether it was meant in humor or not, it can be considered racist.

Old 05-11-2007, 08:15 PM

646 posts, read 1,610,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittZ View Post
Well thank you for your honesty. I wasnt looking for insults as I gave none to you. Luckily for you the day that you speak of will come and you will have your opportunity.
Sorry. I did not mean to be insulting. I guess I just got a bit annoyed at the You-are-going-to-burn-in-hell posts.

I do think it somewhat inevitable that discussions on religion can be harsh at times. After all, as christians, you probably think that moslems are wrong. And vice versa. And the same with other religions.

I do not mean to imply that anybody is stupid or gullible for being religious. It is an incredibly strong force in our society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality