Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 02:01 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,113,556 times

Advertisements

sanspeur: Absolutely right. Most atheists, as I do, studiously ignore churches. Church members have been known to descend upon my front porch from time to time, mostly Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 02:11 PM

2,331 posts, read 3,369,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think a bigger problem is the plague of extreme fundamentalist bible literalists that has taken over Christianity. They infest the schools, politics, the courts and laws. They impede progress in the sciences. They are the real problem in your country.
I guess you don't get Fox News in Canada.

Conservatives would say it's exactly the opposite, that it's extreme LEFT wingers who "infest" those institutions. With universities at least, it's easily proven and well known that most profs are liberals, not "fundamentalist bible literalists."

Old 11-06-2009, 02:27 PM

33,508 posts, read 37,025,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
I guess you don't get Fox News in Canada.

Conservatives would say it's exactly the opposite, that it's extreme LEFT wingers who "infest" those institutions. With universities at least, it's easily proven and well known that most profs are liberals, not "fundamentalist bible literalists."
Yes we get Faux news here, but because of it's bias I don't watch it....I forgot to mention the Fundamentalist infestation of the media....Thanks for reminding me.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Yes we get Faux news here, but because of it's bias I don't watch it....I forgot to mention the Fundamentalist infestation of the media....Thanks for reminding me.
Glad I could be of service. But I think most people at Fox News would find it quite hilarious to be considered "fundamentalist." They're actually quite fair and balanced you know.

As for other television news stations, I doubt that you'd find a single fundamentalist among the lot.

Old 11-06-2009, 03:44 PM

33,508 posts, read 37,025,158 times
They are the most biased news cast on the air in the US by far....News should have no bias at all.

Try this search and see what comes up..."most biased news channel"

Old 11-06-2009, 05:16 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,401,499 times
Quote:
I think a bigger problem is the plague of extreme fundamentalist bible literalists that has taken over Christianity. They infest the schools, politics, the courts and laws. They impede progress in the sciences. They are the real problem in your country.
Indeed.

One reason I would like to see thereturn of our original Motto and Pledge, to send a firm message to these types that the United States is not, nor will ever be, a theocracy.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
They are the most biased news cast on the air in the US by far....News should have no bias at all. Try this search and see what comes up..."most biased news channel"
Yes, reporters should report the news without spin, I agree, but their handlers obviously do not.

But you would not know about Fox News because you don't watch it, preferring instead to accept the fashionable moveon huff and spin and the mindless derogatory label "faux".

I watch many news channels and am convinced that all except Fox News are biased towards left wing politics, MSNBC probably being the most biased of them all. Fox is more evenly centered, almost always presenting commentators from both sides. But compared to the others Fox is biased towards the right.

You obviously choose to favor the currently popular left side of the political spectrum. That's ok, you're not alone, but if you'd watch both sides for a while and keep abreast of the rapidly changing numbers of people watching what channels you might come to realize for yourself that the nation is starting to right itself. Americans are being pushed too far in just one direction too fast. Doesn't work for long, but this time both parties are in trouble I think, there's too little difference to create a balance. I hope for you that we don't tip right over and fall on the north side.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:35 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,672,528 times
Quote:
They are the most biased news cast on the air in the US by far....News should have no bias at all.

Try this search and see what comes up..."most biased news channel"
Some networks are biased but FOX takes the cake:
Fox News Channel controversies - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-06-2009, 05:38 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,191,903 times
Quote:
But you would not know about Fox News because you don't watch it, preferring instead to accept the fashionable moveon huff and spin and the mindless derogatory label "faux".
I watch it because my in laws eat it up. I call it Faux news and end up running around the house trying to pick my eyeballs up off the floor when they turn it on because of how much rolling they do.

Old 11-06-2009, 05:41 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,401,499 times
Quote:
Yes, reporters should report the news without spin, I agree, but their handlers obviously do not.

I watch many news channels and am convinced that all except Fox News are biased towards left wing politics, MSNBC probably being the most biased of them all. Fox is more evenly centered, almost always presenting commentators from both sides. But compared to the others Fox is biased towards the right.

You obviously choose to favor the currently popular left side of the political spectrum. That's ok, you're not alone, but if you'd watch both sides for a while and keep abreast of the rapidly changing numbers of people watching what channels you might come to realize for yourself that the nation is starting to right itself. Americans are being pushed too far in just one direction too fast. Doesn't work for long, but this time both parties are in trouble I think, there's too little difference to create a balance. I hope for you that we don't tip right over and fall on the north side.
Fair and balanced by offering opposing views from comemntators?
Sure, commentators no where enar the caliber of the right-wing commentators, and/or merely shouted down if they start to pwn the right-wingers.

Fauz Snooze ADMITTED they lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality