Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2016, 01:56 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,480,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Allowing is not approving.
Except that it is. By definition.
Quote:
God may have simply allowed polygamy because He foresaw that a ban on such things would have caused a greater harm. One o the reasons God hates sin so much is because it hurts us. Sin destroys.
Sheer speculation and you should be careful where you go with that because now you are flirting with the dreaded situational ethics, mutable moral concepts, and other things that most fundamentalists pearl-clutch over. Either polygamy was fine then and is fine now or it's wrong now and was wrong then. Which is it?
Quote:
But no surprise that you couldn't show me the common courtesy of allowing me to finish responding to your previous post before throwing up this one.
I have not prevented you from responding further to my post or any other post at a later time. Knock yourself out. If it was important to you to make a complete response before I interacted with it, you could have waited until you had time to mount a complete response or you could have asked me to wait. I'm not a mind reader. People post, others respond to posts. It's how the whole thing works.
Quote:
God supernaturally intervened this week to protect me from having a major wreck. Just one of several personal encounters I've had with the Creator of the universe.
So he saved you from a major car wreck while not saving dozens of others from major car wrecks likely in the very same hour. In those cases he was testing them or calling them home or punishing them. It seems like you folks get to claim special protected status with god if it happens that things go well, but watch out because when you eventually do end up in a body cast then you have to accept that "protection" as well.

Ultimately this renders all such claims -- protection, scourging, testing, calling home, Mysterious Ways -- utterly meaningless. They mean whatever you decide they mean. Nothing is governed by causality in your hall-of-mirrors world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2016, 11:29 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,858,876 times
Quote:
God supernaturally intervened this week to protect me from having a major wreck.
...and on the day that Yahweh was busy saving saving one of his special little snowflakes from a car accident 24,000 people died of hunger in Third World countries, 6,020 children died from diarrhoea, 2,700 children were killed by measles. There are 149 million malnourished children in underdeveloped countries..1.1million people without access to safe drinking water. 2.4 million people without access to adequate sanitation. 1.2 million people living on less than one dollar a day. 1.1 million children under 15 living with HIV.100 million children without access to basic education. 875 million illiterate adults....

....and Yahweh only cares about saving one of his little flowers from a car accident.

Last edited by Rafius; 12-10-2016 at 11:37 PM..

Old 12-11-2016, 04:40 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
God supernaturally intervened this week to protect me from having a major wreck.
Why doesn't god want you in heaven? I mean I don't blame it.

Old 12-11-2016, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last amalekite 1sam15 View Post
why doesn't god want you in heaven? I mean i don't blame it.
lmao! I would have thought that Jeff would be seething with anger at being prevented from taking up his place in heaven. Obviously, his god doesn't think he's good enough to go!

Old 12-11-2016, 08:13 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
God supernaturally intervened this week to protect me from having a major wreck. Just one of several personal encounters I've had with the Creator of the universe.
Jeffbase40, has it occurred to you that your god changed it's mind about you t-boning a van of a family of 8 causing a fiery death of all 8 because god smote them and you were just gods pawn in the crash you claim it protected you from?

its a possibility, right Jeffbase40?

Old 12-11-2016, 08:22 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Jeffbase40, has it occurred to you that your god changed it's mind about you t-boning a van of a family of 8 causing a fiery death of all 8 because god smote them and you were just gods pawn in the crash you claim it protected you from?

its a possibility, right Jeffbase40?
Disgusting post. The wreck involved a car suddenly swerving into my lane of traffic, not a T-bone situation. But thank you for demonstrating why a Christian here should NEVER tell any personal stories. Atheists will take that and twist it against us.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Why doesn't god want you in heaven? I mean I don't blame it.
Sad that the only commentary that you can contribute is a blatant insult. But I know that I'm making good points when atheists bite back hard like this. It's the only thing you can throw at me which is both sad and pathetic.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Disgusting post. The wreck involved a car suddenly swerving into my lane of traffic...
...and of course, you wouldn't even begin to ask just why he allowed that car to swerve into your path would you?

Old 12-11-2016, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
If I allow you to steal from me or molest my child, that is approval...otherwise I would not allow you to do so by any means necessary...

admit (an event or activity) as legal or acceptable.
give (someone) permission to do something.
synonyms: permit, let, authorize, give permission for, give authorization for, sanction, license, enable,
If a woman is being rape, and a bystander does nothing to stop it, that doesn't mean that they approve of rape in the sense that they think it's perfectly fine and good. They may just don't want to intervene for personal safety. That doesn't mean that they think rape is ok.

That is the context that you are charging against God.

Old 12-11-2016, 08:29 AM

Absurd concepts held by Christians

That there was once a global flood where literally many millions of organisms/creature fitted onto a small boat along with enough fodder for nearly a year and were then released onto a planet devoid of any means of sustenance...and they all survived.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahaha!!!

Oh....and 'free-will'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality