Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2007, 10:06 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,814,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
That's good. Weatherologist, what ever you do don't abbreviate Jesus' name. Everyone knows that bugs me.
Really?!? I didn't know ANYTHING could possible bug you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2007, 10:10 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,438 times
Everyone looks so great. I have to figure out how to do this. I don't even think I have any of me on the computer. Lots of the kids...you Moms know how that goes!

Hoosier, for some reason I don't see your pic on the other thread. Could you post it here?

MsV Welcome! Thanks for the kind words...glad you've joined us!

Old 05-12-2007, 10:12 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,754,438 times
Quote:
Attachment 3454 .

Ok, shields up!
Tell the truth now, Marks. Did you take that photo just for us??
You look way too smug.

Old 05-12-2007, 11:06 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
OP= Original Post
OT= Off Topic
BTW = By the Way
IMHO = In My Honest Opinion
IMO = In My Opinion (maybe it's not honest then? ...just kidding)

I'm sure others can help out as it comes up
Thanks! Love that! I've always hated when people would ask for your "honest" opinion. What else would they expect me to give?

Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,884,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Thanks! Love that! I've always hated when people would ask for your "honest" opinion. What else would they expect me to give?
I always thought IMHO was "in my humble opinion". hmmm. Wonder what the concensus is on that?

I've always meant it be be humble...in other words...not pushing it on who I'm address, course, that's just IMHO~~!!!!

Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,109 times
Quote:
That's good. Weatherologist, what ever you do don't abbreviate Jesus' name. Everyone knows that bugs me.
I'm right there with you MarkS. I feel the same way about "Christmas". In fact, I've felt a personal stab every time I see someone not capitalizing the word God. I know that sometimes it could just be a typo, but othertimes it seems to be a pattern. (Glad I got to vent that.)

Old 05-12-2007, 12:52 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,209,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
cool And, did you snub him, back? ha!
I would be lying if I said no

Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
I always thought IMHO was "in my humble opinion". hmmm. Wonder what the concensus is on that?

I've always meant it be be humble...in other words...not pushing it on who I'm address, course, that's just IMHO~~!!!!

Yep, I thought it was 'humble' too...but maybe it's either way. Guess if you're humble, you're probably being honest. But you can be brutally honest without being the least bit humble about it!!

BTW Alpha...I was waaayyyy off on your age. I thought with all your smarts and the way you word your scholarly posts that you were maybe late 40's or higher. It's really great to know there are some young men out there with your maturity and spirit!

Old 05-12-2007, 04:04 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,095,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Thank you. Perhaps it's your delete that it is indicating. Good to know. Yes, that is what I thought OP meant. Is there somewhere where I can learn all the savvy speach?

Hi Weather...

Here's a link for most of the abbreviations, but I noted "OP" isn't on the list. Guess when we don't know, we just have to 'humble' ourselves and ask - like you did!

http://www.netlingo.com/emailsh.cfm

Oh...I noticed on another response from you to a particular poster that you signed it "Warmest Regards, Weather" ....Aside from the post itself, I thought this was such a sweet play on words!

Old 05-13-2007, 06:06 PM

1,396 posts, read 1,188,503 times
What about me how old do you think I sound!! Be Nice now!!
Marks thanks for the pic. What a young grandpa!! You all are a lot of fun and what a great thread to read through. God Bless all of YOU!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality