Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 07:16 AM

688 posts, read 2,835,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Yorkie, and what a hijack it was. I was on and his posts started popping up in every religion thread ..when they showed up in mo's memorial and our prayer thread, I was furious and started neg. reping. I really didn't realize at first, and don't know what to think but ,mad as I was, I started sending him prayers. I am ashamed of that because I was feeding his anger. It was so wierd, but I had just posted my first public prayer ever..

Enough of that, I just dropped by for my daily hug and encouragement to you. I hope the ole devil nicotine craving is getting farther away..Good luck on your house hunting trip, and hope it is a safe one

blue62,

I know how you feel because I found myself getting angry as well. I felt ashamed as well. But I said a little prayer and I just had to back away from the debative threads for a while. We're human still yet, and so some of the nasty things that are said can really get under your skin sometimes. So, by backing away, even though they may think I'm just a coward or have no point, I've really just realized that the wisdom that comes from the Lord is much greater! Just another example I guess of keeping the faith! Just moving on and letting the Lord take care of those people for me instead of getting in there and slugging it out as my fleshly ways would want me to! LOL!
*HUGS*
LuLu
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 10:11 AM

3,289 posts, read 9,185,850 times
<snip>

Yorkie, glad to hear you are still hanging in there. And have a safe trip. Liz

Last edited by jco; 05-26-2007 at 10:48 PM.. Reason: Orphaned

Old 05-26-2007, 10:32 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernlady5464 View Post
When someone comes on and hijacks a thread like that person did, instead of responding in the thread to that person, just click on the red and white triangle next to the scales. That's the way you report it to the moderators. Cause when you do that, the report goes to ALL mods and whoever is around can deal with it.

Yorkie, glad to hear you are still hanging in there. And have a safe trip. Liz
Yorkie, so glad to hear you are doing ok and hanging in there. Just think, you are an inspiration to all of us who want so despertaly to quit. We have a role model we can look up to.

Hope you have a safe trip, and that you really enjoy yourself.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:07 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,621,412 times
charlives wrote:
Quote:
The only possible effect religion might have on your addiction is as a placebo. Why don’t you talk with your doctor? She might be able to really help.
You probably were just trying to be helpful and give some advice but the comment about religion seems inappropriate on this particular thread. I'm not a believer either but the whole point of this topic is about someone who's trying to give up an addictive habit and alot of nice people are offering their support. We can debate religion on another thread. Just my opinion.

Old 05-26-2007, 10:44 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,201 times
I am still smoke free, it has been a week today, but I seen a lady having one today at Home Depot, and it was like oh if I can have just one puff, oh it would be great, but I lost interest once the smell came over my way.
It hasn't been easy by any means, but I made it this far, and I don't feel like turning back no matter how much I crave one. It wouldn't be a good idea, because then I would be going through all of this again, no thanks!!!!
When I get back from Colorado, I am going to start up a new thread on what it has been like to kick the habit, and see if I can get some of the smokers to join a daily thread, like they have in the excersise thread, and see if I can't help some of you kick the habit.
I didn't say you needed to give them up completly just cut back and give a daily progress report, I think it would be so cool. I guess I am doing good and will be leaving early Monday morning so tomorrow will be my last day on here until I get back. Have a great night, I will check back in later. Yorkie

Old 05-27-2007, 03:05 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,691,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I am still smoke free, it has been a week today, but I seen a lady having one today at Home Depot, and it was like oh if I can have just one puff, oh it would be great, but I lost interest once the smell came over my way.
It hasn't been easy by any means, but I made it this far, and I don't feel like turning back no matter how much I crave one. It wouldn't be a good idea, because then I would be going through all of this again, no thanks!!!!
When I get back from Colorado, I am going to start up a new thread on what it has been like to kick the habit, and see if I can get some of the smokers to join a daily thread, like they have in the excersise thread, and see if I can't help some of you kick the habit.
I didn't say you needed to give them up completly just cut back and give a daily progress report, I think it would be so cool. I guess I am doing good and will be leaving early Monday morning so tomorrow will be my last day on here until I get back. Have a great night, I will check back in later. Yorkie

Way to go girl!!!

Old 05-27-2007, 05:15 PM

1,394 posts, read 4,171,201 times
Still smoke free and ready to go and start packing, it has been a busy day, and with 3:00am coming early I won't be on for to long. I will make sure you all know about my trip when I get back, so I am sending out cyberhugs until then. Take care, and have a great week. Yorkie

Old 05-30-2007, 08:53 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,505,098 times
Yorkie, I know you won't be back for a few days, but just in case you get access to a computer, I just want you to know that you are still in my daily thoughts and prayers..

Old 05-30-2007, 11:11 PM

59 posts, read 128,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
Hello, I have always been a firm believer of God, but I am now wondering if there is a God. The reason for this is, I have prayed many of times, for help in quitting smoking, and I really want to give up the addiction.
I have prayed for guidance in where to move to, along with what ever comes up, maybe I am doing it wrong or maybe I am to stupid to notice what he is telling me, but I feel like my prayers go unanswered.
I don't know if it is just me or if anyone else out there feels the same way, if anyone can help me get my beliefs back, so that I have something to look forward to when I pray, I would be ever so greatful, because right now I feel at a lose. Thanks ahead of time.

Do you read the BIBLE? because the BIBLE is for our mind, body, and soul so we can grow we must feed our selfs the word daily basis and beleve me if you keep faith then GOD will help you succeed because if you have any doubt then GOD wont help you must give him your all and not loose faith. GOD BLESS

Old 06-02-2007, 01:55 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
Yes, pladecalvo did have to go there. I agree with her/him completely. I don't want to turn this into an atheist/theist confrontation, but we all have a right to our views. Whatever...the bottom line is that you've got to do it yourself. I smoked a pack a day for 25 years, and one day I just decided I was going cold turkey and quitting, and that was it. I've been smoke-free for 15 years. You can do it; it's the hardest thing I ever did, but you simply have to decide that you are NOT going to do it any more. Chewing gum helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality