Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 12:26 PM

2,065 posts, read 2,160,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
If its always available, then why didn't it work for me earlier?
Well, exactly what were you asking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 12:31 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Hey worshippers, are you tired of the old man? Invent a new deity you can really believe in. Personally I'd like someone helpful who doesn't get in the way, like the great gazoo on "The Flintstones." I know he's not real and neither are the rest of them.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:44 PM

71 posts, read 108,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Unlike most christians, SoCal and I can actually prove that our God exists. It will take work on your part, however, we know that He is a real existing personality. The only thing that you will need is an open mind and some little bitty iota that a God exists. Even if you don't believe in a God in this life, once you pass over, something will tug at your soul and then you'll remember what we said about Divine Love. You now know the term and it will never leave you.
Really? Prove it. Tell me something about myself that only *God* knows! Who are you? God's messenger to non-believers like me?

You make a sweeping judgment of people when you say "it will take work on your part..." You do not know my mind, or how open (or closed) it is. You also do not know my beliefs, the genesis of those beliefs, or the evolution of my beliefs. The fact that I relate to your *message* as fructose laden nonsense does not mean I am close-minded.

You flatter yourself when you say: "you now know the term and it will never leave you." Do you really think that "term" is unique to you or your post, and that people haven't heard it before?

I've heard it many times over, and your proclamation holds no weight with me whatsoever. You claim to know God as a "real existing personality" ... Does "God" have a personality? Or is your "God" the "personification of the personalities" of men and women posing as conduits and interpreters for an imaginary deity that cannot be proven or verified.

I don't believe in religion, any form of religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Well, hello earthman,

Did you know that it is easier for athiests and agnostics to accept what Rev1111 and I are sharing than it is for those whose beliefs are firmly fixed.

So as I said in one of my earlier posts, don't knock it until you've tried it.

You may yawn at my blessings now, but there may just become a time in your future existence when you will thank me.

Peace.
Interesting. Isn't your *belief* firmly fixed? And is that why you have difficulty relating to an agnostic or atheist. Because some accept does not mean all. I do not accept or believe what you say.

I will thank you? For what? Pretty words with hollow meaning? I don't think so. My future existence? You don't know me now, what makes you think you'll know me in some future existence? Oh, I remember: your belief in a God that cannot be proven.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:11 PM

4,367 posts, read 3,482,465 times
Quote:
Well, exactly what were you asking for?
Basically an assurance that God wasn't going to hurt me. Later in life I asked if he/she was real.

Never got an answer.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Hey worshippers, are you tired of the old man? Invent a new deity you can really believe in. Personally I'd like someone helpful who doesn't get in the way, like the great gazoo on "The Flintstones." I know he's not real and neither are the rest of them.
God is Soul, and only Soul, which has in it all the attributes of Love and wisdom and thought for the welfare of His creatures. He is a thinking and seeing God, and all the energies of His Soul are used to make men better and happier. As is the natural father of the man a personal father, so is the Great Soul of God, a Personal Father to all his children; and men when they have the development of their souls in the Divine Love will know that God is personal - something more than an all enveloping energy or force or mere manifestation of His existence.

http://truthforalllpeople.com

Old 11-08-2009, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthman View Post
Really? Prove it. Tell me something about myself that only *God* knows! Who are you? God's messenger to non-believers like me?

You make a sweeping judgment of people when you say "it will take work on your part..." You do not know my mind, or how open (or closed) it is. You also do not know my beliefs, the genesis of those beliefs, or the evolution of my beliefs. The fact that I relate to your *message* as fructose laden nonsense does not mean I am close-minded.

You flatter yourself when you say: "you now know the term and it will never leave you." Do you really think that "term" is unique to you or your post, and that people haven't heard it before?

I've heard it many times over, and your proclamation holds no weight with me whatsoever. You claim to know God as a "real existing personality" ... Does "God" have a personality? Or is your "God" the "personification of the personalities" of men and women posing as conduits and interpreters for an imaginary deity that cannot be proven or verified.

Interesting. Isn't your *belief* firmly fixed? And is that why you have difficulty relating to an agnostic or atheist. Because some accept does not mean all. I do not accept or believe what you say.

I will thank you? For what? Pretty words with hollow meaning? I don't think so. My future existence? You don't know me now, what makes you think you'll know me in some future existence? Oh, I remember: your belief in a God that cannot be proven.

Then, the question is: "Who and What is God?" In dealing with this question, you must realize that it is not so easy to describe the Essence and Attributes of God in language that mortals can comprehend. And I feel the limitations that I am under in endeavoring to give you a satisfactory description of the only and true God, not because of the paucity of knowledge and conception on my part, but because of the fact that you have not the required soul development to enable me to form the necessary rapport with you in order that the exact Truth as to Who the Father is may be expressed through your brain.

Well to begin, God is Soul, and Soul is God. Not the soul that is in the created man, but the Soul that is Deity and self-existent, without beginning or ending, and Whose Entity is the one great fact in the universe of being.

God is without form, such as has been conceived of by man in nearly all ages, and especially by those who believe in the Bible of the Hebrews, as well as in that of the Christians. But nevertheless, He is of a Form which only the soul perceptions of the soul of a man who has arrived at a certain degree of development (one who has taken on the Divine Nature of the Father and has thus become a part of the Soul of God) can discern and realize as an entity.

There is nothing in all nature with which men are acquainted or have knowledge of that can be used to make a comparison with this Great Soul, even with the spirit perceptions; hence for men to conceive of God as having a form in any manner resembling that of man is all erroneous. Only those who deny the anthropomorphic God in their beliefs and teachings are correct.

But nevertheless, God is of Form such as to give Him an Entity and Substance and Seat of Habitation, in contradistinction to that God which (in the teachings of some men) is said to be everywhere in this Substance and Entity (in the trees and rocks, in thunder and lightning, in men and beasts, in all created things) and in Whom men are said to live and move and have their being. No, this concept of God is not in accord with the truth, and it is vital to the knowledge and salvation of men that such conception of God be not entertained or believed in. To believe that God is without form is to believe that He is a mere force or principle or nebulous power and, as some say, the resultant of laws. However, as a fact, God has established these laws for the controlling of His Universe of Creation, and they are expressed and made manifest to men by these very powers and principles that, to some extent, men can comprehend.

http://truthforallpeople.com

Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightflight View Post
Basically an assurance that God wasn't going to hurt me. Later in life I asked if he/she was real.

Never got an answer.
Try again.

Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM

71 posts, read 108,350 times
Quote:
Then, the question is: "Who and What is God?" In dealing with this question, you must realize that it is not so easy to describe the Essence and Attributes of God in language that mortals can comprehend. And I feel the limitations that I am under in endeavoring to give you a satisfactory description of the only and true God, not because of the paucity of knowledge and conception on my part, but because of the fact that you have not the required soul development to enable me to form the necessary rapport with you in order that the exact Truth as to Who the Father is may be expressed through your brain.
I don't need to realize anything. You need to realize that if you are presenting yourself as some kind of enlightened soul here to spread the "truth for all," then it should be easy for you to describe the Essence and Attributes of God in language that mortals can comprehend.

Your conclusion in assuming to know the soul development of other people is based on what? Further, another person's "soul development" does not prevent or "enable you" to express the "exact truth as to Who the Father may be" through their brain! Or, stated another way: you are hindered in expressing the "exact truth" to other people through their brain by your perception (or lack thereof) of their "soul development".

You are certainly not equipped to "express the truth as to Who the Father may be" through my brain!

But the limitations you are feeling and the dilemma you face in your own brain might be something for you to comprehend.

btw: your link doesn't work

Old 11-09-2009, 04:29 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,022,131 times
Quote:

God only meets us half way. He does not do the work for you. If you want to remain fixed in your current ideas of truth, I cannot stop you. What is the harm in finding out what Divine Love actually is or what it can do for you? None whatsoever.
I don't have to prove anything to you and it seems that you don't want anything proved to you.

I'm no prophet or messenger or anything. I'm a child of God just as you are. There is no difference. The only difference is in what the human wants to see. If you claim to know all there is of God, by all means believe it. I won't sway you or try to convince you otherwise.

I'm not religious so don't think that I want you to become religious. I don't. All SoCal and I were stating was that there is a Love more powerful than a person is born with. If you don't want it, fine but don't go bashing on someone who actualy does.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
I don't need to realize anything. You need to realize that if you are presenting yourself as some kind of enlightened soul here to spread the "truth for all," then it should be easy for you to describe the Essence and Attributes of God in language that mortals can comprehend.

Your conclusion in assuming to know the soul development of other people is based on what? Further, another person's "soul development" does not prevent or "enable you" to express the "exact truth as to Who the Father may be" through their brain! Or, stated another way: you are hindered in expressing the "exact truth" to other people through their brain by your perception (or lack thereof) of their "soul development".

You are certainly not equipped to "express the truth as to Who the Father may be" through my brain!

But the limitations you are feeling and the dilemma you face in your own brain might be something for you to comprehend.

btw: your link doesn't work
http://www.truthforallpeople.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality