Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 12:01 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times

Advertisements

I have been involved over 30 years with what is best described as the Church Without Walls. It is all about having a personal relationship with God and becoming at-one with Him by receiving God's Divine Love into our souls brought to us by the Holy Spirit through prayer and earnest longings.

God's Divine Love lifts you up and brings a blissful happiness, peace, tolerance, forgiveness, and most of all love for everyone.

If anyone here is not satisfied with the old way of thinking about religion, you may get a whole new perspective about where you came from, why you are here, and where you are going.

If you are interested in learning about what happens when we die and where we go after that and you are not convinced that what you've been told is the real deal, I'd be happy to share with you what I know.

In the meantime, if you would like to check out a website that deals with this subject at length, go to: http://www.truthforallpeople.com.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2009, 03:50 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
I have been involved over 30 years with what is best described as the Church Without Walls. It is all about having a personal relationship with God and becoming at-one with Him by receiving God's Divine Love into our souls brought to us by the Holy Spirit through prayer and earnest longings.
This should be really interesting to observe, someone havein a personal relationship with an "invisible friend"
Quote:
God's Divine Love lifts you up and brings a blissful happiness, peace, tolerance, forgiveness, and most of all love for everyone.
Marijuana has the exact same effect (quantam leaps back to rebellious years)
Quote:
If anyone here is not satisfied with the old way of thinking about religion, you may get a whole new perspective about where you came from, why you are here, and where you are going.
I do not think your invisible friend will be able to explain anything new as to the THE QUESTION

Btw the answer is "42"
Quote:
If you are interested in learning about what happens when we die and where we go after that and you are not convinced that what you've been told is the real deal, I'd be happy to share with you what I know.
Share away, but heathen like us may just pull apart the postulations.
Url tags are not necessary here, just use the buttons in the edit window.

Old 11-07-2009, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
This should be really interesting to observe, someone havein a personal relationship with an "invisible friend"

Marijuana has the exact same effect (quantam leaps back to rebellious years)

I do not think your invisible friend will be able to explain anything new as to the THE QUESTION

Btw the answer is "42"

Share away, but heathen like us may just pull apart the postulations.

Url tags are not necessary here, just use the buttons in the edit window.
First things first. Thanks for enlightening me about the urls, 'cause when I saw that I thought what? I'm a big fan of doing things the right way. But for some reason, I still don't get what you're talking about, 'cause I'm not seeing that icon. So if I may indulge a heathen like you to explain exactly where it is, I'd be very grateful.

I'm not a texter, so I'll have to look up 42. The only number I know of is 143.

When I first heard about all of this... the new thought on God, I thought, why me? Why is someone telling me this stuff that I don't even want to know or even care about?

But for some unknown reason, I didn't tell this person to shut up and take a hike, I just kept listening. But I let it go in one ear and out the other and I didn't pay much attention to it.

And even though I love to rock and I've been to hundreds of rock concerts, Def Leppard being my favorite band, I've never smoked weed or had any interest in ever trying it. And besides being the cheapskate that I am, why should I shell out hard-earned money for something stupid, when I can get an even better result for free.

And if you knew me, you would actually come to know that I'm not some religious fanatic, which I think is probably the best part here. I'm not here to preach to or convert anyone. I merely have info to share for those who may wish to learn something new. And it's your call and your free will choice whether you have the desire or not.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:34 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Why is someone telling me this stuff that I don't even want to know or even care about?

Perhaps because christers do this to us a whole lot of the time.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:37 AM

Quote:
I'm not here to preach to or convert anyone.
Then, how come the first thing you did was start preaching?

Old 11-07-2009, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Perhaps because christers do this to us a whole lot of the time.
Why are you in this forum? Just wondering.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
Then, how come the first thing you did was start preaching?
If it came across that way, you may have just been in a foul mood thinking that's what I was doing.

I am sharing what I know and giving the results of what I'm experiencing.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:49 AM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,710 times
Quote:
First things first. Thanks for enlightening me about the urls, 'cause when I saw that I thought what? I'm a big fan of doing things the right way. But for some reason, I still don't get what you're talking about, 'cause I'm not seeing that icon. So if I may indulge a heathen like you to explain exactly where it is, I'd be very grateful.
Use the post reply feature instead of the quick reply window after a post/page
Quote:
I'm not a texter, so I'll have to look up 42. The only number I know of is 143.
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy
Quote:
When I first heard about all of this... the new thought on God, I thought, why me? Why is someone telling me this stuff that I don't even want to know or even care about?

But for some unknown reason, I didn't tell this person to shut up and take a hike, I just kept listening. But I let it go in one ear and out the other and I didn't pay much attention to it.

And even though I love to rock and I've been to hundreds of rock concerts, Def Leppard being my favorite band, I've never smoked weed or had any interest in ever trying it. And besides being the cheapskate that I am, why should I shell out hard-earned money for something stupid, when I can get an even better result for free.
Maryjane results are guaranteed whereas invisible friends are subjective to the person.
Quote:
And if you knew me, you would actually come to know that I'm not some religious fanatic, which I think is probably the best part here. I'm not here to preach to or convert anyone. I merely have info to share for those who may wish to learn something new. And it's your call and your free will choice whether you have the desire or not.
I did not see you as a fanatic, just so you would know that some of us here are pretty skeptical - even to newer versions of spirituality.

Good that you did not post in the xian forum as by now you would have already had your "character" pulled to pieces. At least us heathen are mostly tongue in cheek

Old 11-07-2009, 07:54 AM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,223 times
Perhaps SoCalAngel should take a lesson from our lady friend, Reverand(I can't remember the numbers. )........

Old 11-07-2009, 08:13 AM

Quote:
I am sharing what I know
My question is,....Why do christers use "know" as a euphemism for "believe" when they are, in fact, quite different things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality