Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 08:05 AM

4,440 posts, read 9,069,031 times

Advertisements

Large Hadron Collider 'Being Sabotaged from the Future' - Inventions | Patents | New Inventions | Innovation - FOXNews.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2009, 08:12 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,714,865 times
"Come with me if you want to live"?

Old 11-10-2009, 09:34 AM

65 posts, read 93,091 times
Yes. These "scientists" likely vote. And drive automobiles.

Old 11-10-2009, 12:20 PM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Yeah, right....Faux news....Here is another tidbit from the "fair and balanced" faux network..

Scientists Not So Sure 'Doomsday Machine' Won't Destroy World - Science News | Science & Technology | Technology News - FOXNews.com

Old 11-10-2009, 01:02 PM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,544 times
They talk about 'ripples coming back from the future' to damage the Collider (which is evidence that the flow of time has a 'correcting mechanism', and in the next paragraph, they talk about causing a paradox by killing your grandfather.

Those two statements are paradoxical in themselves: if the universe has a 'correcting mechanism', wouldn't that same mechanism *prevent* the Grandfather Paradox from occurring?

Scientists. Yeah. They can't even avoid contradicting themselves.

Old 11-10-2009, 01:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,915,172 times
Red face Let the Truth collide with religious Histrionics in the LHC. The true Big Bang!

Actually, on The Science Channel this past weekend, they provided a very logical, understandable expose on exactly why the LHC can not produce a lethal, contagious and all-consuming black hole. Such SciFi nonsense only serves to breed further hatred,loathing and misunderstandings of scientific endeavours, of the very processes that have advanced us out of the caves and churches of our historic but emotionally dark past.

Such mandated ignorance will, eventually, die off, as it should. Improvements in our education system will generate legions of critical thinkers who will, in time, toss out the fears and trembling associated with devout but mindless adherance to chanting, thoughtless fundamentalism.

The Large Hadron Collider is the true and solid embodiment of new-age rational thinking and exploration. It represents a diligent and enthusastic effort to answer some of the questions that physicists have about our past, through the replication of Big Bang events, or of perhaps glimpsing, however briefly, events that logical thinking predict about that possibility. We may also learn new and as-yet unimagined things, but always, we continue to expand our minds and knowledge.

As such, it's truly scary to the Christian and Mulsim ideological mindset. It must be criticized and it's outcome wishfully and frantically hoped to be useless, it's functions willed to ultimate failure. They desperately hope for this and will be seen to be happily cheering if it does. They already did when it suffered some startup glitches. How predictable. How sad.

No-one knows what happened back in the beginning; we can only speculate. We can, though, fearlessly apply the science of prediction, of logic, and of careful experimentation, to perhaps clarifying our understandings of things in our ancestral past. As such, this knowledge may well upset the simplistic views and requirements of an irrational and out-of-date, and increasingly irrelevant, set of pleasant fairytales, whose value as a spiritual guide is unchallenged, but whose value as a scientific document is nil.

Lead on, LHC!

Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,607 times
Sounds like some woo woos have been watching reruns of back to the future and discovering the space time continuum.

Actually, with all their circular logic they throw at us, I think the consequences of killing ganpaw, should be ever so logical to them, so long as ganpaw gave his life to jesus before you killed him

There was of course that more recent movie about folk going on time travel expeditions to shoot a dinosaur that just happened to have disembarked from Noah's Ark, sound of thunder but had a evolutionary twist to screwing with space time continuum in that a mere butterfly accidently killed, results in the whole shedangle, being that humans devolve (much like the woo woos)

Oh I forgot, these two films actually have nothing to do with real science - so sad, if only Hollywood could make a movie with all the science of the last century into a 1-1/2 hour movie, the woo woos would not have to pick a book and read all about it and simply apply "Azz seen on Tee Vee" logic.

Aah well back to reality and the thread topic....

Old 11-10-2009, 01:44 PM

1,088 posts, read 2,196,073 times
I'm fairly certain I lost a few IQ points just because I clicked the damned link.

Old 11-10-2009, 02:37 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times
This is what I hate about the news. Faux News is probably better at it than any other news corporation but they're all guilty of it. I actually read the scientific article of the guys who proposed this crackpot hypothesis when it first came out and felt myself redden in embarrassment. It was kind of like watching a goofy scene in a movie where you feel almost embarrassed for watching it despite having no interaction with the characters.

As I was saying, what I hate about the news is the way they produce the headlines because to your average laymen, it gives a false impression. The headline says "Being Sabotaged From Future" as though this has been confirmed and accurately depicted by scientists and that scientists everywhere agree. In fact, I've read the complete opposite from the overwhelming majority of the physics community. Unfortunately, the news has a horrible way of labeling the headlines and now everyone must pay the price for such 'false advertising.'

For clarification, I think this has either largely been laughed off by the scientific community or completely ignored. The bright side is there's a pretty easy way to empirically prove the theory wrong - that is, simply operate the LHC in a successful manner.

For anyone interested, here is the actual scientific paper of their hypothesis:

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/arxiv/pdf/...802.2991v2.pdf

As an aside, I also saw someone mention the "Kill your Grandfather" theory of which I read a rather interesting paper on and why you can't do it. The scientists used a beam splitter to justify their analysis:

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/quant-ph/p.../0506027v2.pdf

Old 11-10-2009, 03:09 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,622,146 times
Troop wrote:
Quote:
Unfortunately, the news has a horrible way of labeling the headlines and now everyone must pay the price for such 'false advertising.'
Yes, you're right, and the unfortunate reason for this is the fact that news is being treated as though it were entertainment and the strategy of many news organizations (Fox is the worst) is to sensationalize any bit of news to attract more viewers and get higher ratings than the competition. They're also guilty of playing up unimportant events such as what Paris Hilton is doing this weekend while they leave out things that people need to know more about because there's a limited amount of space on their website. Their television news channel runs 24 hours a day but it is also fixated on sensationalism, trivial news items and the promotion of conservative causes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality