Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 11:35 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,136,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Well, it's been my experience. That most people who are into drink or drugs, have little use for the Bible. Yet often, when people become Christian, they lose the desire to drink, or take drugs. And seem to be more focused, on the return of Christ, or serving Him in someway.
That is sure not true of the christians I know, many of them drink like the proverbial fish. That includes drunken priests and pastors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 12:31 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That is sure not true of the christians I know, many of them drink like the proverbial fish. That includes drunken priests and pastors.
Well Jesus tells us, we would know true Christians by their works. I don't believe those works would include drinking like proverbial fish. And in fact, the Bible warns us about that kind of conduct. It's sad to say, yet I believe many will be left behind when Christ returns, thinking they were Christians, yet obviously having much more in common with the world.

Old 11-17-2009, 12:39 AM

Quote:
Well Jesus tells us, we would know true Christians by their works. I don't believe those works would include drinking like proverbial fish.
You may not believe it, but that doesn't change the fact that many do.

Old 11-17-2009, 01:58 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,970,278 times
Quote:
I never said I did not believe your story. I only said true Christians live for Christ.

Old 11-17-2009, 03:27 AM

Quote:
I never said I did not believe your story. I only said true Christians live for Christ.
Well then I have to say that if only true christians are the ones that don't drink, then they are rare indeed.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:02 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,575,309 times
Quote:
I think you miss the point.

Old 11-17-2009, 08:26 PM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Well Jesus tells us, we would know true Christians by their works. I don't believe those works would include drinking like proverbial fish.
I dunno bout that....worked out quite well for Noah, then again, Noah wasn't a christer. The Noah myth at least had him doing something useful, more than could be said about the jesus myth. Ya see, it has always been a misinterpretation, he had holy hands and holy feet the myth doesn't say as much about the rest of him.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:37 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,987,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightuntoyou View Post
What is suppose to happen when Jesus returns?
Major book tour.
Buy new sandals and robe.
Appearances on Oprah and Ellen.
Do the Top Ten on Letterman, host Saturday Night Live.
Get the apostles together and do a reunion tour (not all of them will be there. I think Bono is scheduled to fill in for Judas, Pink for Mary Magdeline).
Perform at SuperBowl halftime.
Sponser a clothing line at Old Navy.
Go fishing. (He likes fish).

Old 11-19-2009, 07:39 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,554,399 times
Actually, we will begin to get decent gardening care....

Old 11-19-2009, 10:34 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J'aimeDesVilles View Post
Major book tour.
Buy new sandals and robe.
Appearances on Oprah and Ellen.
Do the Top Ten on Letterman, host Saturday Night Live.
Get the apostles together and do a reunion tour (not all of them will be there. I think Bono is scheduled to fill in for Judas, Pink for Mary Magdeline).
Perform at SuperBowl halftime.
Sponser a clothing line at Old Navy.
Go fishing. (He likes fish).
Wasn't he supposed to be a carpenter? Then maybe the quality of home construction will improve around the world!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality