Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 04:28 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,704 times

Advertisements

Why would holy water be even capable of having swine flu in it? I mean its Holy after all.
Wouldn’t that mean it cant have anything bad in it?

BBC NEWS | Europe | Hi-tech holy water calms flu fear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 04:53 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Well I guess the good news is that someone had the common sense to realize that religious practices could pass this illness from one person to another so they came up with a way to avoid that from happening. Now that I stop and think about it I can't remember how plain old water becomes holy water in the first place but I'm thinking it must be some sort of ceremonial or prayerful event in which tap water is supposedly transformed into something much more powerful. Apparently it is not powerful enough to keep out microbes and disease causing organisms.

Old 11-11-2009, 05:34 PM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,704 times
Maybe it will help someone doubt there faith that water can be holy at all.

I decided to look up holy on wikipedia.
Is it just my eyes or is that last sentence really there?
Now I cant confirm or deny if his ***** is holy or not but I am surprised its on wiki. lol

Also below it read the etymology of sacred.

Sacred - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 11-11-2009, 05:35 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,355,904 times
All they need to do is add a little Clorox to the water and tell the Christians to wear only white till flu season is over. This will solve two problems. The water will be free of germs, and we will be able to spot Christians way off, even before they can start preaching to us.

Last edited by cncracer; 11-11-2009 at 06:02 PM..

Old 11-11-2009, 05:47 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,529,007 times
You mean there are no magical powers to holy water? Well damn I knew that, but you mean even the delusional are now having second thoughts?

Old 11-12-2009, 03:13 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,916,589 times
Default But Wait! If you Act Before Midnight Tonight, we'll throw in a free Holy Communion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Well I guess the good news is that someone had the common sense to realize that religious practices could pass this illness from one person to another so they came up with a way to avoid that from happening. Now that I stop and think about it I can't remember how plain old water becomes holy water in the first place but I'm thinking it must be some sort of ceremonial or prayerful event in which tap water is supposedly transformed into something much more powerful. Apparently it is not powerful enough to keep out microbes and disease causing organisms.
No such luck. It becomes Holy Water when it's plastic pouch-packaged and labelled as Holy Water, available online for a nominal fee.

If they at least chlorinated it or boiled it first, it would not transmit any bacterial or viral contamination. Here's how to get yours!

Bottled Holy Spring Water as seen in Mel Gibson's film The Passion of Christ (http://www.holywater.biz/ - broken link)

(Yah gotta love that .biz file extension, huh?)

Old 11-12-2009, 03:21 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Hmm, the last time I had anything to do with holy water was in Ireland, visiting a church in Dublin. We had run out of bottled water for our travel-mug whiskey, so we dipped a few wee drams of holy water into our mugs instead. It was sacrilegiously delicious. We spent that lovely afternoon stumbling from museum to churches to bars to St. Stephen's green...

True story.

(Of course, nothing can survive Irish whiskey -- not even the Irish!)

Old 11-12-2009, 06:35 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,600,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
Maybe it will help someone doubt there faith that water can be holy at all.
That's one conclusion. Another might be that if it's in the water, swine flu is holy.

Old 11-12-2009, 07:28 PM

305 posts, read 1,234,013 times
[quote=Aeroman;11586077]Why would holy water be even capable of having swine flu in it? I mean its Holy after all.
Wouldn’t that mean it cant have anything bad in it?

thats the dummest thing ive ever heard............

Old 11-12-2009, 07:29 PM

305 posts, read 1,234,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cncracer View Post
All they need to do is add a little Clorox to the water and tell the Christians to wear only white till flu season is over. This will solve two problems. The water will be free of germs, and we will be able to spot Christians way off, even before they can start preaching to us.

u mean catholics....

hahahahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality