Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 12:01 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,110,620 times

Advertisements

Wow man, I saw that and thought of Cheech and Chong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 08:07 AM

4,173 posts, read 6,668,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Hmmm... weird.

I like this one painted by Glenda Green.

Love Without End Jeshua Painting Unveiled
That was exactly the what the article pointed out. Westerners love the white man image of jesus whereas the actual image is likely to be quite different. Maybe, it is an easier sell (marketing-wise) to the flock.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:50 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,002,612 times
Quote:
Would you two just behave.

And where do you come off thinking I'm a "he"??

Oh, here I go again getting the last laugh... hahaha.

Peace and love.
I was called a he quite a lot on here. Still do every once in a while.

MissShawn likes to argue. She doesn't like my posts or beliefs at all and since you and I belong to the same belief set, she won't like yours either.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:13 AM

65 posts, read 92,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Ok, I know you don't want anything negative and I'm fine with that but I have to ask you a question. A person living two thousand years ago in the part of the world where Jesus is said to have lived would most likely resemble the people who live there today in terms of physical characteristics. People in the Middle East don't tend to have blue eyes and are generally somewhat dark skinned because they are adapted to a warm climate. Blue eyes are more characteristic of people living in northern Europe in places like Sweden, Germany or Great Britain. It would appear to me that a great many individuals who are Christians have an idealized image in their mind of what Jesus might have looked like and for the most part they tend to imagine that he would have looked alot like they do. We see this in thousands of paintings from Europe over many centuries but it certainly isn't a realistic representation of how Jesus would have really looked. And again, I don't mean this in a negative way, I'm just trying to point out something about human nature.
+1

Good points.

Old 11-12-2009, 09:14 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,651,307 times
Quote:
Hmmm... weird.

I like this one painted by Glenda Green.

Love Without End Jeshua Painting Unveiled
Sorry, if Jesus ever existed he wouldn't have been a handsome white dude.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:12 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,521,268 times
You know, with all the images that have shown up over the years, I thought this jesus would like like the one in the cheese sandwich, or the potato chip. Maybe even the one imagined to be on a certain shroud.

Truth of the matter is, if such a person ever existed, no one knows what he looked like.

Simple.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 PM

595 posts, read 758,487 times
Quote:
This is what he looks like as described by Ann Rollins, spirit grandmother of medium James Padgett:

Ann Rollins' experience in seeking the Divine Love of God, she also gives a short description of Jesus

He is of a commanding figure, as you say on earth. His features are regular, and his eyes are of a deep blue, almost a purple blue, with such depths of love in them that under its influence you almost forget to note the color of his eyes.

The hair is a beautiful brown, worn long and parted in the middle so that it falls over his shoulders. His nose is straight and somewhat long, with nostrils very refined and showing the artistic elements in his nature. His other features are in keeping with those I have described.

He wears a beard quite long and very silky and brown like his hair. His manner is grace itself and modesty personified, and yet in him is the intensity of feeling which can show itself in just indignation when the occasion requires. And, yet, with all the great beauty of his person and the greater love of his soul showing itself, he is very humble - more so than any spirit I have seen.

I have given you a bare outline of his appearance, and you will never fully realize in your mind's eye, just what his appearance is, and only when you come over and meet him, will you fully understand the appearance of the most wonderful and beautiful and loving spirit in all God's universe.

To the non-believers, please do not post anything negative on this thread. This is for informational purposes only. Many thanks.
Isaiah 53:2
He grew up before him like a tender shoot, and like a root out of dry ground. He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to him, nothing in his appearance that we should desire him.

Old 11-12-2009, 12:43 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,877,101 times
Back in "Insidious Indoctrination 001", better known as Sunday School in the United Church of Canada, we were given comic books every Sunday morning that clearly showed Jesus as a a real handsome, pleasant-looking blonde-haired, blue-eyed Aryan guy. Always looking slighty skywards.

Jesus Christ on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/40726390@N00/2354572330/ - broken link)

(note the conspicuous absence of any blood here)

Quite simply, this is NOT what you'd find in the Middle Eastern desert countries, of course, unless God was playfully toying with his only son's genotype, a bit of evolutionary tinkering. But perhaps the missing 30 (or whatever) years of Jesus' life history was taken up when he travelled up to the Scandinavian countries to get out of the sun.

This one's far more likely, if he even existed at all...

http://www.greek-icons.org/jesus_chr...sus_christ.jpg

Old 11-12-2009, 12:48 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,877,101 times
Quote:
I don't know if you are aware of the mobility of spirits. Did you know that they move from place to place by merely thinking of where they wish to go and then they are there.

Isn't that the coolest thing? It's what we'll get to do when we're over there.

Peace.
Awwww; isn't that such a special and cute little fantasy.... Keep holding on to it real tight, your eyes all squinched up and all.....

(Meanwhile, the real world is hurtling you, more and more with every passing second...)

Old 11-12-2009, 12:50 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,668,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Back in "Insidious Indoctrination 001", better known as Sunday School in the United Church of Canada, we were given comic books every Sunday morning that clearly showed Jesus as a a real handsome, pleasant-looking blonde-haired, blue-eyed Aryan guy. Always looking slighty skywards.

Jesus Christ on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/40726390@N00/2354572330/ - broken link)

(note the conspicuous absence of any blood here)

Quite simply, this is NOT what you'd find in the Middle Eastern desert countries, of course, unless God was playfully toying with his only son's genotype, a bit of evolutionary tinkering. But perhaps the missing 30 (or whatever) years of Jesus' life history was taken up when he travelled up to the Scandinavian countries to get out of the sun.

This one's far more likely, if he even existed at all...

http://www.greek-icons.org/jesus_chr...sus_christ.jpg
Yup. It is about marketing. I bet if he were born in China and christianity needed to be spread in the West, his image would be transformed to the same white guy we see in movies today. In this day and age, look at the number of people having issues accepting BO as president - think how badly a non-white person would have "played in Peoria" thousands of years ago.
Link (Race of Jesus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) also has depictions of Chinese. middle eastern and Ethopian versions of jesus.

I have no idea how we would recognize him if he returns.

Last edited by calmdude; 11-12-2009 at 01:03 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality