U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-11-2009, 08:20 PM

1,395 posts, read 947,046 times
Default This is what the spirit world looks like

For those interested in learning what cool things are in store for us when we leave this earth, I thought you might enjoy reading an excerpt of a message from a spirit, Helen Padgett, to her husband. Enjoy.

I am very happy for I have so much Love of God in my heart that I cannot think of anything that tends to make me unhappy.

Yes, my home is very beautiful and I am perfectly delighted with it. Moderator cut: copyright violation

Celestial Vision Productions (http://celestialvisionproductions.com/Helen7.html - broken link)

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-12-2009 at 07:05 PM.. Reason: TOS of the forum say 2 sentences and a link for copright material Okay.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2009, 08:47 PM

24,587 posts, read 17,742,874 times
I thought you told me "I don't have a superstitious bone in my body" I guess it must be elsewhere then.

Old 11-11-2009, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I thought you told me "I don't have a superstitious bone in my body" I guess it must be elsewhere then.
There is nothing to be superstitious about here.

You are learning about that which you have no knowledge... so just sit back, get the popcorn, and relax.

Old 11-12-2009, 05:11 PM

2,756 posts, read 3,158,257 times
So...gosh..I'm so underwhelmed I can barely construct a coherent sentence, but I'll try. Are you serious? Do you really believe your transcript of that message in any remote way, shape or form offers proof of a spirit world? What's to stop me from making up a similar letter right now and posting it and saying, for example, it was taken from a message a medium got for me from my brother Joe who was killed in Vietnam?
But the worst thing about your spirit message is the total unoriginality of it. Pictures? Mosaics? Please. If there was a spirit world I would like to think it was comprised of something far more magical and enchanting and ethereal than merely resembling a nice mansion.
Maybe a Creative Writing 101 course at a local community college would help you next time.....

Old 11-12-2009, 06:39 PM

1,091 posts, read 1,392,916 times
No pink unicorns? Pasta be damned.

Old 11-12-2009, 10:42 PM

Maybe you'd like to see something that's not so cool... a description of Hell:

Well, you must know, that in the spirit planes hell is a place as well as a condition, and that as a place it has all the accompaniments that make it a reality to the spirits who inhabit it. Of course, the conditions of the spirits who are in these hells are determined by their recollections worked upon by their consciences. But notwithstanding that these recollections are the things that cause their sufferings, yet, the appearances of the locations in which they live are due to something more than these mere recollections, for, as you have been informed, all these spirits are in darkness - the degree of the darkness in which they live being determined by their recollections. I mean that when the spirit has recollections of deeds done or not done, which are not so bad as the recollections of another, the former spirit is in a place where there is less darkness than the latter.

These places have their own fixed condition of darkness and of gloom, and many other attachments which increases the sufferings that spirits have to endure.

There are, of course, no fires and brimstone lakes, and devils with pitchforks adding to the sufferings of the spirits, but yet, there are certain conditions and appearances which are outside of the spirits themselves, which causes their recollections to become more acute and to work in a manner to produce a greater degree of suffering.

These hells may be places of caverns and rocks and barren wastes and dark holes and other such things as have been written about, and mortals must know that evil spirits do not live in pleasant places and suffer only from the punishments which their recollections bring to them.

Swedenborg writes on the hells (http://tinyurl.com/ykjghkn - broken link)

Old 11-13-2009, 12:30 AM

9,621 posts, read 6,688,259 times
This person seems to be a hybrid of Tom and YSM.........

Old 11-13-2009, 06:00 AM

1,091 posts, read 1,392,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Maybe you'd like to see something that's not so cool... a description of Hell:
Swedenborg writes on the hells (http://tinyurl.com/ykjghkn - broken link)
Dante Alighieri did it better.

Old 11-13-2009, 06:32 AM

Oh wait, there's more...

That there is a hell, I know to my sorrow and sufferings, for I have been the occupant of one for, oh, these many years, and it is always the same place of horrors and darkness, except sometime it is lighted by the flame of lurid light that comes from the anger and sufferings of some unfortunate like myself.

In this hell of mine, and there are many like it, instead of beautiful homes, as the other spirits described, we have dirty, rotten hovels all crooked and decayed, with all the foul smells of a charnel house ten times intensified, and instead of beautiful lawns and green meadows and leafy woods filled with musical birds making the echoes ring with their songs, we have barren wastes, and holes of darkness and gloom and the cries and cursings of spirits of damnation without hope.

And instead of living, silvery waters we have stagnant pools filled with all kinds of repulsive reptiles and vermin, and smells of inexpressible, nauseating stinks.

I tell you that these are all real, and not creatures of the imagination or the outflowing of bitter recollections. And as for love, it has never shown its humanizing face in all the years that I have been here - only cursings and hatred and bitter scathings and imprecations, and grinning spirits with their witchlike cacklings.

No rest, no hope, no kind words or ministering hand to wipe away the scalding tears which so often flow in mighty volumes. No, hell is real and hell is here.

We do not have any fire and brimstone, or grinning devils with pitch forks and hoofs and horns as the churches teach, but what is the need or necessity for such accompaniments? They would not add to the horrors or to our torments.

http://tinyurl.com/yzv3r2q (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality