U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-14-2007, 01:43 AM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,800 posts, read 9,277,063 times
Reputation: 1692

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

All believers are well aware of the Power of PRAYER!
It is said:
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

With the recent events with my own mother I feel led to start this thread.
I know there are MANY wonderful people on this board that have issues in their own lives, whether their own illness, illness of a family member, relative with a drug addiction or what ever other ordeal may be going on.

Please feel free to post ANY AND ALL prayer requests here. The "Prayer Warriors" can check here everyday and together we will pray for each and every one of you. There is no request too big or too small...please feel free to post them ALL!

If for ANY reason, you do not feel comfortable with posting your dilemma in public, please feel free to PM either myself or any of the other posters on here that you are comfortable with.

Prayer Warriors (ANYONE out there willing to pray ) Please PM me and let me know if you are willing to take prayer requests via private message. Once I receive a PM from you, I will edit this thread and add your name to the list so that anyone needing prayer but not wanting to go public with it can PM whomever on the list they may feel comfortable with. That way we do not infringe on anyone that does NOT wish to participate

ALSO....Please let us know the outcome of your prayer request, if applicable. It will help and encourage others as well as keeping the rest of us up to date

Thanks everyone!

PRIVATE MESSAGE PRAYER WARRIOR LIST

Kawgpz550
GausJAMS
Happydawglady

Last edited by kawgpz550; 05-14-2007 at 02:53 AM.. Reason: Added Prayer Warriors
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-14-2007, 02:29 AM
 
Location: In Christ
246 posts, read 594,499 times
Reputation: 136
Okay, P.W's, dust of those knee pads. (yes, I know you can pray w/o kneeling, it's a funny)

This may be the first post, but hopefully not the last.

THis is not of life or death urgency, but nonetheless, important to me and my family. Here goes...

We are gearing up for a military transfer (once again). In fact, the movers have been tentatively scheduled and we have official orders. We're only moving about 5 hours north of where we are now, but a move is still a move. This is not to tell you what to pray for, or how, only to provide a few specific suggestions....
1) we get our preferred moving date (or, the date the Lord would have for us)
2) We're able to find a home to rent close to our daughter's new school and my husband's workplace. (we're going to house hunt in a week.)
3) Our home to be in a great safe, quiet, family-friendly neighborhood
4) we find a great home church, one the Lord has for us.
5) Our 2 kiddos become perfect patient angels before then! ha! (hey, miracles can happen!) Seriously, though, pray for this to be easy for them, as well and for them to be able to go with the flow.
6) for me and my hubby to stay organized and efficiently cross of our to do list.
7) That no tricks, traps, snares, distractions, etc - devices of the enemy will ruin any part of our move, nor cause us to take our eyes off Jesus.
8) That there will be provision and favor for all our needs until the new paychecks start rolling in.
9) That the Lord bring us a great group of friends.
10) That we have His supernatural perfect peace through it all during the next 3 weeks. (Our move is scheduled for May 31st - ish)

You know, pray for what the Lord puts on your heart. Thanks so much, from the bottom of mine Will give updates as available.

Waiting for your requests, now... go on.... post 'em
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 02:46 AM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,800 posts, read 9,277,063 times
Reputation: 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by GausJAMS View Post
Okay, P.W's, dust of those knee pads. (yes, I know you can pray w/o kneeling, it's a funny)

This may be the first post, but hopefully not the last.

THis is not of life or death urgency, but nonetheless, important to me and my family. Here goes...

We are gearing up for a military transfer (once again). In fact, the movers have been tentatively scheduled and we have official orders. We're only moving about 5 hours north of where we are now, but a move is still a move. This is not to tell you what to pray for, or how, only to provide a few specific suggestions....
1) we get our preferred moving date (or, the date the Lord would have for us)
2) We're able to find a home to rent close to our daughter's new school and my husband's workplace. (we're going to house hunt in a week.)
3) Our home to be in a great safe, quiet, family-friendly neighborhood
4) we find a great home church, one the Lord has for us.
5) Our 2 kiddos become perfect patient angels before then! ha! (hey, miracles can happen!) Seriously, though, pray for this to be easy for them, as well and for them to be able to go with the flow.
6) for me and my hubby to stay organized and efficiently cross of our to do list.
7) That no tricks, traps, snares, distractions, etc - devices of the enemy will ruin any part of our move, nor cause us to take our eyes off Jesus.
8) That there will be provision and favor for all our needs until the new paychecks start rolling in.
9) That the Lord bring us a great group of friends.
10) That we have His supernatural perfect peace through it all during the next 3 weeks. (Our move is scheduled for May 31st - ish)

You know, pray for what the Lord puts on your heart. Thanks so much, from the bottom of mine Will give updates as available.

Waiting for your requests, now... go on.... post 'em
WOW...no matter where one moves...it's STILL MOVING
I don't envy you ONE BIT!
I have already said a (long detailed) prayer in private for you, but wanted to add a bit here for ya!

Dear Lord,
you know the needs of GausJAMS right now. Moving is never easy Lord, so please lead and guide them in making this move as comfortable and painless as possible. Please help them find the right home and help them to stay organized. Also Lord, please help the children adapt easily with the move and prepare them for going into a new school. Help them to find a good church where they can be encouraged and strengthened. Please lead them and guide them in all that they do.
These things we ask and pray in Jesus' name...AMEN!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 02:53 AM
 
Location: In Christ
246 posts, read 594,499 times
Reputation: 136
Default :) Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
WOW...no matter where one moves...it's STILL MOVING
I don't envy you ONE BIT!
I have already said a (long detailed) prayer in private for you, but wanted to add a bit here for ya!

Dear Lord,
you know the needs of GausJAMS right now. Moving is never easy Lord, so please lead and guide them in making this move as comfortable and painless as possible. Please help them find the right home and help them to stay organized. Also Lord, please help the children adapt easily with the move and prepare them for going into a new school. Help them to find a good church where they can be encouraged and strengthened. Please lead them and guide them in all that they do.
These things we ask and pray in Jesus' name...AMEN!
Ohhh, I'm so glad I stayed up a few minutes longer! Okay, now I can really sleep well
Thanks Kawg for taking the time to pray and type. You're a super, sweet woman of God (we need a really cool woman/chic smiley) Big hugs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 04:32 AM
 
190 posts, read 615,891 times
Reputation: 145
Dear KAWGPZ550,

This is really wonderful. Please add me to your list. Usually I'm up early, but for some reason I'm not sleeping well. Anyway, I just wanted to start my day with Jesus, pray and read the word. Then I thought I would just see what's going on here this morning. I'm so glad I did. Please, anyone, if you need me I'm right here for you. I will join my heart with yours for whatever
you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 04:56 AM
 
190 posts, read 615,891 times
Reputation: 145
Dear GausJAMS,

Thank you for sharing what is on your heart this morning. I pray that knowing you have many friends here on this forum, who care about you, will give you strength for this new journey. God is in control, and I pray His presence will go before you, and He will be your rear guard.

Father,
Please give your daughter and her husband grace for this stressful situation. Cover them with your precious blood as they make this new move, that no harm shall befall them. Please give them favor where ever they go. Direct their footsteps. Don't let them turn to the right or to the left, but to just follow you. Lord I pray for their children that they would be so happy to make new friends, to be in a new place, and that you Lord would make this transition easy for them. Please give GausJAMS and her husband wisdom as they have so many decisions to make. Also, Lord, they need physical strengh for this move, so please keep them all healthy, and give them all a good night's sleep, resting in your love. Surround them with your presence at every moment of every day. Lord please work out every detail where even GausJAMS would be amazed. I pray all this in the name of Jesus our Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,800 posts, read 9,277,063 times
Reputation: 1692
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Dear KAWGPZ550,

This is really wonderful. Please add me to your list. Usually I'm up early, but for some reason I'm not sleeping well. Anyway, I just wanted to start my day with Jesus, pray and read the word. Then I thought I would just see what's going on here this morning. I'm so glad I did. Please, anyone, if you need me I'm right here for you. I will join my heart with yours for whatever
you need.
Thank you so much Lily for joining! For some reason it won't let me edit the thread anymore in order to add your name to the list...so I guess we'll just have to hope that people read this post or your previous post in order to see your name

Thanks again Lily!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 07:34 PM
 
190 posts, read 615,891 times
Reputation: 145
Hi Everyone,

Well, get ready for the attacks. I knew as soon as I agreed to be an intercessor all hell would break loose and it did!

Would someone please pray for me and my grandson tonight please? His father pulled a gun on him, even though he said it wasn't loaded. Needless to say the police came and it's just a big mess. My daughter is very upset, and my grandson called me crying. He's having such a hard time, feeling very rejected and hopeless. Please pray he doesn't go back to using drugs.
We all need peace tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 08:23 PM
HDL
 
Location: Seek Jesus while He can still be found!
3,140 posts, read 6,017,586 times
Reputation: 8239
Default It's a battle and when doing battle, you have to put on your Christian armour

Eph 6:10-18

The Whole Armor of God
A final word: Be strong with the Lord's mighty power. Put on all of God's armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies and tricks of the Devil.

For we are not fighting against people made of flesh and blood, but against the evil rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against those mighty powers of darkness who rule this world, and against wicked spirits in the heavenly realms.

Use every piece of God's armor to resist the enemy in the time of evil, so that after the battle you will still be standing firm. Stand your ground, putting on the sturdy belt of truth and the body armor of God's righteousness. For shoes, put on the peace that comes from the Good News, so that you will be fully prepared.

In every battle you will need faith as your shield to stop the fiery arrows aimed at you by Satan. Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Pray at all times and on every occasion in the power of the Holy Spirit. Stay alert and be persistent in your prayers for all Christians everywhere.

And my other favorite for times like this:

Psa 23

The Lord is my shepherd;
I have everything I need.

He lets me rest in green meadows;
he leads me beside peaceful streams.

He renews my strength.
He guides me along right paths,
bringing honor to his name.

Even when I walk
through the dark valley of death,
I will not be afraid,
for you are close beside me.
Your rod and your staff
protect and comfort me.

You prepare a feast for me
in the presence of my enemies.
You welcome me as a guest,
anointing my head with oil.
My cup overflows with blessings.

Surely your goodness and unfailing love will pursue me
all the days of my life,
and I will live in the house of the Lord
forever.



Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post
Hi Everyone,

Well, get ready for the attacks. I knew as soon as I agreed to be an intercessor all hell would break loose and it did!

Would someone please pray for me and my grandson tonight please? His father pulled a gun on him, even though he said it wasn't loaded. Needless to say the police came and it's just a big mess. My daughter is very upset, and my grandson called me crying. He's having such a hard time, feeling very rejected and hopeless. Please pray he doesn't go back to using drugs.
We all need peace tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-14-2007, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Anywhere but here!
2,800 posts, read 9,277,063 times
Reputation: 1692
Ok everyone...this thread has been changed. We now have a sticky post that will stay at the top of the religious forum. Any further requests and posts will be added to the prayer request forum and the top of the page.
I would like to thank Hoosier for adding it as a sticky and I would like to thank God for allowing us the freedom to have this thread. I would also like to thank God for everyone on here that is helping to make this happen
I love you all!

P.S Please note:
I would like to ask that everyone that has posted a request here to PLEASE copy and paste it into the sticky thread as this one is going to be deleted!

Thank you again!

Last edited by kawgpz550; 05-14-2007 at 10:16 PM.. Reason: Added content
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top