Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 10:25 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
You'll soon enough hear about "Hiber-Eggs", a concoction which Tom has suggested to explain how those 8 - 10 thousand different spieces of dino survived on the Ark. You'd have to thus have about 8,000 X 2 [for future sexual reproduction] times about 40 pairs per species, so that's a nice pile of 640,000 eggs, all kept at optimum temp, humidity and safety.

Riiiigghhhhttt.

With, of course, nothing to tend to or protect them once Noah's kids placed them in nice warm sand up at the 14,000 foot lev... oh I forgot; it was all snowy up there at the time. Freezing. Insta-death to eggs.

All the little revisionist or creativity details that Creationists come up with to justify the possibility of the necessary near-billion species on the Ark are, on their face, stupid.

When they are taken in concert, it's simply beyond the imagination in terms of acceptability, but still, remember, MC, we're talking to devout, scientifically and logically illiterate peasant-heads who must have their religion, and this sort of proven truth and evidence steps firmly on the neck of their required mytho-drug.
I had heard this as a wonderful idea of how to reduce the pressure on the already overloaded boxcars. However, this just creates a different problem: eggs can't march into the ark so Noah and co have got to go collecting the eggs of ..let's see...well at least 700 recognised species. That plus all the eggs of the non - dinosaur reptiles and amphibians.

And for what purpose? Apparently just to last long enough to grow up and provide the Dino - footprints in what are claimed as post -diluvian rock -formations, after which, having provided the neccessary explanation for a problem for Creationist theory, they died out leaving vague folk memories of Monsters but after carefully devouring one another including the bones so as not to leave any non -fossil skeletons behind.

To be fair, after Noah and his family had unpacked the sand-boxes of 1,500 eggs and carted all these down the algae -slick slopes of Ararat, they could well have found some nice warm sand to bury them in and perhaps by the time they hatched out, the grass had grown again and maybe..oh, problem.

Dinosaur fossil coprolites never show grass - not because it wasn't around until after the Cretaceous - as we know dinosaurs and grass and humans all lived together - no, they just didn't like it. So where they found the pine needles that formed the fossil diet of the Hadrosaurs, I can't guess.

Anymore than I can guess how they grew up to be big enough to make those Creationist - neccessary Dino footprints, when fifty species of slavoring Dino carnivores (remember, this was after the Fall so T. Rex and Allosaurus could, no doubt with some relief, use their razor -sharp fangs for tearing the two of each juvenile Dino - species apart instead of chewing the cud) were hunting them down with rumbling dino bellies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2009, 04:18 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Wink "The Velociraptor That Ate Jerusalem*"

(*and so, no wonder they didn't want to write ANYTHING about them in the post-flood biblical account...too traumatic)

Actually, AREQUIPA (and I may be mis-informed a bit) I'd heard that there are about 8,000 uniquely different species of dinosaur now carefully and accurately cataloged. I'll check on it.

Another little issue: given the fairy-tail aspects of Arkist theories, that only require a mere two of each [a male & a female for, you know, some good old dino-myte!] but how would you KNOW for absolute sure that you had a male egg and a female egg?

In other simpler words: Can you sex embryonic eggs? Could Noah? I'll try it this afternoon with my chickens's eggs, and I even have a 620nm HeNe 5mW laser to shine through them, although perhaps Noah also did down in his v. well equipped lab.

Frankly, I"m betting you CAN'T, so you'd have to rely on statistics, and pile about 20 of each type into those handy sandy boxes. Just to ensure you'd get a few males to go with those panting femmes.

But don't a lot of reptile species also require some level of "eggular protectionism", some nest site defense, and some level of post-hatch care and attention? Are we to assume those darling little Hiber-Egg hatchlings knew all there was to know about which are the good prey species, and which plants to eat [forgot again; all the plants, and I mean ALL, were salt-killed. Oh drat...]

Oh, it's all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo much more complicated than simple, logical, step-wise DNA mutation and adaptation. No wonder God gave up on us and stormed off to some other planet, where He no doubt kept it all so much simpler. Just slather 'round some monkey DNA, and stand back for 2.5 M years.

Oh heck; let's face it boys and girls:

Dinosaurs ate Christianity! Fini.

Last edited by rifleman; 11-17-2009 at 05:14 PM..

Old 11-17-2009, 04:41 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:

Old 11-17-2009, 04:48 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,804,086 times
Sorry, but I just can't get over this picture...

http://www.dankimball.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/18/jesus_and_the_dinosaurs_2_7.jpg (broken link)

Don't tell me that precious little guy won't grow up to be a Christian...

Old 11-18-2009, 01:09 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Quote:
(*and so, no wonder they didn't want to write ANYTHING about them in the post-flood biblical account...too traumatic)

Actually, AREQUIPA (and I may be mis-informed a bit) I'd heard that there are about 8,000 uniquely different species of dinosaur now carefully and accurately cataloged. I'll check on it.
In fact I had a quick Google of Dino - species and one estimated it as 500,000! The next was at least 700, so I took the lower end. Of course, it's not just dinos but the pre - triassic species and the post Cretaceous mammals and birds.

I might mention the Creationist attempt to reduce the number of species by postulating 'Baryma', a nice scientific - sounding word denoting a handy Creationist excuse without a shred of supporting evidence. This is a scientified Creationist rethink of the Biblical 'kinds', which is vaguely akin to species but they are supposed to be a few basic morphs which solved the problem of space on the Ark. Once released, they evolved at breakneck speed into all the species we have today. I actually had a discussion in which I admitted that baryma could not be ruled out. I was forgetting that, not only does the Bible mention definite post supposed - baryma species, implying that present -day species (all million or so) had to be on the Ark, but the fossil record shows that the pre-deluvian species were not Baryma but fully evolved species. The baryma excuse is as stillborn as a stone cold dino egg from the ark.

Quote:
Another little issue: given the fairy-tail aspects of Arkist theories, that only require a mere two of each [a male & a female for, you know, some good old dino-myte!] but how would you KNOW for absolute sure that you had a male egg and a female egg?
That's a very good point. Maybe Noah held each one up to a candle...
I can already hear some Akeologist saying 'God told him'. But, as came out of an Ark debate a while ago, as soon as one has God doing anything - making the animals trek to the embarkation site, keeping them miraculously alive in the horrendous conditions of a floating hutch, creating food for them all in a world that was little more than a saline mud - slick, one has to ask why in the name of wonder God couldn't just have done his Jedi - wave and said 'Make it so' instead of all that ark and flood rigmarole.

Quote:
In other simpler words:
Quote:
Can you sex embryonic eggs? Could Noah? I'll try it this afternoon with my chickens's eggs, and I even have a 620nm HeNe 5mW laser to shine through them, although perhaps Noah also did down in his v. well equipped lab.

Frankly, I"m betting you CAN'T, so you'd have to rely on statistics, and pile about 20 of each type into those handy sandy boxes. Just to ensure you'd get a few males to go with those panting femmes.

But don't a lot of reptile species also require some level of "eggular protectionism", some nest site defense, and some level of post-hatch care and attention? Are we to assume those darling little Hiber-Egg hatchlings knew all there was to know about which are the good prey species, and which plants to eat [forgot again; all the plants, and I mean ALL, were salt-killed. Oh drat...]

Oh, it's all SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo much more complicated than simple, logical, step-wise DNA mutation and adaptation. No wonder God gave up on us and stormed off to some other planet, where He no doubt kept it all so much simpler. Just slather 'round some monkey DNA, and stand back for 2.5 M years.

Oh heck; let's face it boys and girls:

Indeed, as I said to Campbell34, quite apart from the evidence for an Ark on Ararat looking very questionable and rather contradictory, it is the unfeasability of the story itself that discounts it.

It is pointless, it makes God look incompetent, it does not work and there is no decent evidence for it and plenty against it. Oh, and yes, it was clearly pinched from the earlier Mesopotamian creation myth anyway.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 11-18-2009 at 01:30 AM..

Old 11-18-2009, 02:44 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Dinosaurs think christians are tasty

Old 01-09-2010, 05:21 PM

1,517 posts, read 2,318,424 times
Why would the absence of dinosaurs on the ark mean anything? Dinosaurs were extinct long before mankind existed. You can believe both. How about believing in evolution and God? They can exist together. Who knows how long a day was to God, and who knows how long it took to create man in his own image? Also, why make fun of someone else's belief? I have never made fun of an atheist, Buddist, Muslim, or anyone else with different beliefs. I don't care what you believe, don't care if you don't believe in God, but I do care when you make fun of Christianity.

Old 01-09-2010, 05:58 PM

1,391 posts, read 2,645,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smel View Post
Why would the absence of dinosaurs on the ark mean anything? Dinosaurs were extinct long before mankind existed. You can believe both. How about believing in evolution and God? They can exist together. Who knows how long a day was to God, and who knows how long it took to create man in his own image? Also, why make fun of someone else's belief? I have never made fun of an atheist, Buddist, Muslim, or anyone else with different beliefs. I don't care what you believe, don't care if you don't believe in God, but I do care when you make fun of Christianity.
How can one believe Bible stories, and dinosaurs? I'm not implying whether you do or not, frankly I don't care. I'm just throwing that question out there for anyone to answer.

Old 01-09-2010, 06:11 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
a friend of mine who put a Darwin fish on his car had his rear deck "keyed", no doubt by some tolerant, "peace and love" Christians.
I had a friend who didn't put any stickers on his car and still had his car keyed. Was it an atheist who did it because there was no Darvin fish sticker on it? Gotta love your detective work here.

Old 01-09-2010, 07:43 PM

4,348 posts, read 7,352,915 times
I think dinosaurs were anti asteroid, they did not give a blip about christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality