Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 10:09 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times

Advertisements

the ancient secret is in the blood.
rhesus negative was the original God-created man but not to worry...... the God of infinity surely loves chimeras too....we had nothing to do with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,294 times
After further reading on the matter, I now concur with yeshuasavedme that the tribes of Israel indeed fought the decendents of the nephilim when they entered Canaan. Perhaps this is part of the reason God instructed them to wipe the inhabitants out. To get rid of the nephilim bloodlines and prepare the way for Christs bloodline to remain pure. I bet these giants were there to try and stop prophecy from coming true.

Old 06-02-2011, 08:23 AM

1 posts, read 2,644 times
Hmmm.......how come we dont see anyone talking about this on any news. Channels, christian channels or even taught in bible schools and studies?

Old 07-01-2011, 10:30 AM

508 posts, read 1,107,294 times
For the same reason you see everyone jumping on the bandwagon believing in a pre-trib rapture.

The church today has lost the meaning of several things. They are losing the understanding of context of texts, what was going on at the time something was written, even discipleship is not really being preacticed as it should be. The church is weak and is not mature as a whole

- the best thing is has going for it is attracting new believers and fulfilling the immediate needs of those new believers. But beyond the basic teaching you see going on, it's hard to discover the meat and potatoes, because not many know it anymore. and those that are in authoritative positions, cling to what feels secure and rely on each other for clarity, instead of looking beyond their comfort zone... following God into the wildreness where he resides and calls all of us to join him.

Old 07-01-2011, 11:48 AM

6,222 posts, read 4,008,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaraZoteBuccaneer View Post
For the same reason you see everyone jumping on the bandwagon believing in a pre-trib rapture.

The church today has lost the meaning of several things. They are losing the understanding of context of texts, what was going on at the time something was written, even discipleship is not really being preacticed as it should be. The church is weak and is not mature as a whole

- the best thing is has going for it is attracting new believers and fulfilling the immediate needs of those new believers. But beyond the basic teaching you see going on, it's hard to discover the meat and potatoes, because not many know it anymore. and those that are in authoritative positions, cling to what feels secure and rely on each other for clarity, instead of looking beyond their comfort zone... following God into the wildreness where he resides and calls all of us to join him.
powerful.

Old 07-01-2011, 03:42 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,152,432 times
Quote:
I think that proves only that people are weak and have severe difficulty facing Truth, whatever that Truth might be.

Quote:
I'm an atheist and glad you admitted that since I agree wholly, but my question is what are you (christians in general) doing about it?

Apparently nothing.

The reason the US is in the economic mess it is now is because Christianity in the US is total and complete failure, precisely because it failed or refused to preach the teachings of your Jesus-thing. Just as Marx predicted and stated, it became nothing more than a mouthpiece for the government and an opiate for the people.

Quote:
- the best thing is has going for it is attracting new believers and fulfilling the immediate needs of those new believers.
Exactly, and it does that through the most disingenuous methods.

Matthew 19:9 Now I say to you that whoever divorces his wife, except for immorality, and marries another commits adultery.â€

Luke 18:18 Now a certain ruler asked him, “Good teacher, what must I do to inherit eternal life?†18:19 Jesus said to him, “Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone. 18:20 You know the commandments: ‘Do not commit adultery, do not murder, do not steal, do not give false testimony, honor your father and mother.’†18:21 The man replied, “I have wholeheartedly obeyed all these laws since my youth.†18:22 When Jesus heard this, he said to him, “One thing you still lack. Sell all that you have and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.â€

Those are the teachings of Jesus, and he states in no uncertain terms that if you want eternal life, then you must follow the Commandments, except that adulterers cannot stomach the thought of not having eternal life, so it is falsely taught that you can commit adultery (and murder) as many times as you so desire, and all you need to do for eternal life is just ask for forgiveness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NMyTree View Post
I still believe that there's a much higher likelyhood that we are all decendants of one or two humanoid (and in some cases, not so humanoid) alien species , who came to earth many hundreds of thousands of years ago.
I have looked at this issue for years (literally more than two decades) and have come to the same conclusion.

Quote:
I think and have thought since I was a teenager, that, what was perceived as "Gods" all those thousands of years ago: was alien vistors and/or alien settlers who came to earth (for what ever reason) and mixed DNA with other humanoids from earth and other different humanoid alien species.
That is quite likely, but I would dispute that they were viewed as "gods" at least not initially.

Many of the texts I have read in the Journal of Ancient Near Eastern Texts, Journal of Assyriology etc, make it crystal clear that they did not view them as gods. They did use the appellation "lords" but that is merely a title of respect, no different than Lord Byron or Lord Mountbatten.

It's unfortunate, but important, to understand that nearly all archaeology and anthropology is prejudicially colored through the eyes of christians.

As an analogy, you and I know that Lord Byron and Lord Mountbatten are mortal men and not gods, but 3,000 years from now christians would look at our artifacts and wrongly conclude that we believed them to be gods.

The Sumerians clearly state that these beings who taught them everything were not gods, rather they were different beings who were mortal, able to die (and did die) and had no special powers, other than what you might logically conclude. Just as we on the Moon can hit a golf ball two miles because of the difference in gravity, someone from another Planet coming to Earth would be able to hit a golf ball 2 miles as well (assuming gravity on that Planet was stronger than on Earth).

It was only later that the Akkadians, Amorites (Babylonians), Assyrians and Chaldeans (Neo-Babylonians) came to believe they were gods, but that was only because they had no contact with them and did not fully understand the texts they were reading, and of course, knowledge, thoughts and beliefs are often corrupted during transmission.

People still hang Mistletoe and put out Yule Logs although they usually don't have the slightest clue why, because the ritual behind the traditions have been lost or corrupted (and that has been just in the last 200 years with all the means of communication that we have).

You see the same thing in the Old Testament. Reading one tablet from the Seven Tablets of Creation each day over the New Year (Spring Equinox) was ultimately corrupted into "the Earth was created in 6 days." Note that the original Seven Tablets of Creation the are 6 tablets about how the Solar System was formed and the seventh tablet extolled the virtues of the Planets and the aliens who taught the knowledge.

Quote:
I remember expressing these ideas to other people when I was a teenager and people thought I was looney.
It's easier to be ignorant that to be educated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albion View Post
In Enoch 7:2 the nephilim are described as being 300 cubits tall, or 450,' that would translate to 600' using Jewish cubit measurements.

I would think that anyone bearing nephilim DNA would certainly stand out, it's fiction, pure fiction.
That proves nothing, other than information can be corrupted. You don't know for a fact that the original text used "cubits" as a measurement. It is possible it used another system of measurement, and the person copying the text was unfamiliar with that unit of measurement or simply assumed it equated to "cubits" when in fact it did not.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:06 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,918 times
Mircea, your thoughts in Post # 156 seem to coincide with those of L. Ron Hubbard - Is that correct ?

Old 07-01-2011, 07:11 PM

1,355 posts, read 1,920,525 times
God created man to tend to his garden thus man was a slave.

Old 07-20-2013, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,206 times
Amazing how wrong and misguided people can be. They did not all die in the flood. Nor did fallen angels come mate with human kind a second time. Noah and his sons were pure blooded humans. But at least one of the sons wives were not. The wifebof Ham must have carried the genes of the nephilim. Study that blood line. There were many giants even after the flood and they trace back to Ham. The Phillistines for example are descendants of Ham. The giants in the land of Canaan were descndants of Ham. While you are at it. Read about how the fallen angels taught humans about metals and making weapons and using makeup to adjourn ones self- thus leading to sensuality. They also comingled with animals creating complete abominations (genetic experiments). This is what gave rise to the beasts in greek mythology. Investigate and you will find that the nephilim had a big population on the island of crete. Hmmm! That area was a focal point in greek and roman mythology. Those ppl werent making up stories but rather worshiping the nephilim as gods. Its all there in scripture. Read.

Old 07-22-2013, 08:45 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,377,437 times
Seriously, how do grown adults swallow this nonsense without choking on it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality