Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 04:11 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,280,229 times

Advertisements

On Earth, God shows some mercy and some wrath,His wrath is held in check by His common grace. But this is not so in Hell.There is no mercy whatsoever in Hell
There is nothing to hold back the full fury of the wrath of God in Hell. It is where
God let's loose His infinite holy anger in Hell against sinners who have offended Him by their open willful" rebellion. His wrath is poured "unmixed",pure wrath without even a drop of mercy.(Rev 14:10). Earth is the closest that these sinners will ever get to Heaven and mercy.
God is glorified in His display of attributes in Hell. He shows His truth(that His warnings were true). Those who defy Hell's existence thus defy God and are going there.But no one in Hell has any doubts about Hell-or the wrath of God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2007, 05:13 PM

7,995 posts, read 12,269,337 times
Yhwhshalomjr:

I have to admit, I am intrigued by you.

I am also one of those individuals who, by nature of your definition, is destined for hell. I wanted to add a few thoughts, however...

My time on this earth is extremely precious. It is also very "rich" in many respects, and I clearly don't mean "rich = money." I have struggled as much as anyone else has, but there has been a sort of beauty in the struggle that has led me to where I am. I hold those around me very dear; I am free to love and be loved, and hope that I am doing that. I work directly with a population of people who by society's standards would be the first to go to hell, and sadly, society would no doubt be happy if they did...I try very hard to bring what little I can to a population that feels hopeless about their future, yet are as deserving of one as I. Or you. I have my little house, my little dog, my son grown up and hopefully on his own self chosen path. I watch the same beautiful sunsets you do, as well as listen to the silence that is all around me after it snows and the world has been insulated in muffled snow that chills the air, yet warms my heart...I am happy to be alive, I am grateful for what I have; it is not about what I don't have, but rather, my cherishing what I have got. In my darkest moments on this earth, it has been the ability to acknowledge something of beauty that has sustained me.

I don't believe I am "going" anywhere when I die. Certainly not to "hell." But if I "went" anywhere, I guess the best I could hope for would be that I would be bringing all of the above, the sum total of who I am. To have known who I am.

And if I can still acknowledge that when my time comes, then I guess I'll be okay...It will be okay. In the meantime, however,

Take gentle care

Old 08-20-2007, 05:27 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,560 times
Man I can't believe jeff hasn't piped up on this one yet! I'm sure he will soon though
Not every Christian shares that very bleak outlook of Hell. Do you really believe a merciful God would damn every person on this earth who is not a Christian or has not even had the chance to become one?? That's a pretty simplistic and sad way of looking at things.

Old 08-20-2007, 05:33 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
I have always been able to handle taking the blame for everything that I have done. I have no fear of the hell that you describe, because I don't think it exists.

If God keeps his people under his control because they are afraid of burning in hell for all eternity, then that doesn't say much for his Love or our Thanksgiving for his blessings, does it!!

Old 08-20-2007, 06:21 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,455,221 times
I don't worry about it. Everything you stated was textbook biblical interpretation that has no bearing on my life whatsoever. Maybe in your opinion it does, but to me it's a bunch of hogwash. If I die and there is a God I have no chance in heaven anyway so I'll go party with the devil down in hell. And since I won't be spending an eternity there (isn't there supposed to be some big war where God kills Satan and all his minions which itself is stupid because I've never heard of killing a spirit) I'll just assume that the God who banished me will either kill me, resurrect me as a "good" angel, OR on the other hand, maybe there is no God.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:27 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,386 times
You know when you think of the people that are supposed to go to hell or who should already be there, it sounds intriguing. Ok, so there's the Hitlers. Hopefully clowns like that are in some real deep level, but all the artists, thinkers, wow, sounds exciting. Plus after reading Milton, who sounds cooler to hang with anyway?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:30 PM

358 posts, read 916,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yhwhshalomjr View Post
But no one in Hell has any doubts about Hell-or the wrath of God.
Ah, then I assume you've met everyone there. How lovely for you.

Old 08-20-2007, 06:39 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times
Yhwhshalomjr what a funny little duck you are. Those of us that believe in a loving God don't believe that He created us to then condemn us for the faults He created us with. Those of us that don't believe in God at all are not affected by threats of His rath. For those of you that do however believe in that silly picture painted by the OP I'm sorry you feel that way and hope you come to know God as He truly is, a kind, compassionate and loving creator that only wants to bring all home to be with Him in His kingdom.

Last edited by irishmom; 08-20-2007 at 06:48 PM..

Old 08-20-2007, 06:45 PM

679 posts, read 1,439,386 times
So how do two people reading the same book get such vastly different ideas?

Old 08-20-2007, 06:47 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,813,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyChief View Post
So how do two people reading the same book get such vastly different ideas?
Independant thinker here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality