Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 09:05 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,955,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
The one station I would say is Christian is Fox News. Fox news programming is about as biased as you can get.
Really, watched MSNBC lately? MSNBC is a disgrace to what was once known as journalism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2009, 10:27 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,042,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Really, watched MSNBC lately? MSNBC is a disgrace to what was once known as journalism.
Fox drives me crazy because it has folks like Hannidy, Limbaugh, Huckabee and they are religious/conservative.

No I havent, I usually only watch CBS and the others like bbc, pbs, cnn, Iba, aljazeera english, bridges tv news, and the fios in my area has a bunch of stations that are definitely from perspectives of other areas.

My biggest complaint with news outlets in the Usa are that they often don't have news from out of the usa and news does happen outside this country that americans ought to be aware of.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well . . . not usually . . . but extremists that number in the hundreds and supported secretly by a small number of mainstream members does pale in comparison to the numbers of radical Muslims supported by millions of mainstream Muslims willing to demonstrate openly in the streets.
Thank you for illustrating the sensationalist powers of the media. Feel free to show the millions of mainstream Muslims who celebrated the 9/11 attacks. Hint, what Fox News showed was old stock footage.

There are at least 6 Christian terrorist groups currently active that I can name off the top of my head, some in the US, some abroad.

And like I said earlier, you'll be watching for those evil Muslims (or Arabs, Sikhs, Hindus, etc) walking past your door while your neighbor gets that molitov ready.

I get more nervious walking past an abortion clinic today than I did getting on an airplane prior to the silly, ineffectual garbage they call "security" being rammed into place.

Old 11-28-2009, 11:25 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,412,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I didn't say he was a christian, but he wasn't a muslim. Thats the connection I was trying to say.

these are stations I watch

Public tv
Iba - Israel Broadcasting Authority
Aljazeera english
Bridges tv news
BBC
CNN
I also have always watch and like CBS, and ABC national news

The one station I would say is Christian is Fox News. Fox news programming is about as biased as you can get.

Fios, local cable companies have a wide range of non USA news outlets that give news from other points of views.
Um, except for Aljazeera English, those are all owned by Christians.

Blowing up children and destroying a huge g'ment building is hard to miss.

Ignoring a man who drove a car loaded with explosives into a clinic he thought was an abortion clinic, bomb didn't go off, easy to ignore.

See the difference?

Old 11-28-2009, 06:50 PM

63,797 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
I get more nervious walking past an abortion clinic today than I did getting on an airplane prior to the silly, ineffectual garbage they call "security" being rammed into place.
Your sense of scale is really skewed. How many abortion centers are there and how likely are any of us to be around one. Compare that to the entire United States, every Mall, population center, activity center, sports arena, etc. etc. You can worry about the few abortion fanatics . . . I will concern myself with the GLOBAL threat of Islam and their Muslim fanatics.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:00 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,835,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Recent Fatwa

Dressing the body of the woman is better and more respectful than nakedness before people

All this deliberate noise is done on purpose to give ugly picture about the Islam and Muslims

It is better to forbid any indecency, adultery and fornication which are rejected by God and His apostles: Moses, Jesus and Mohammed.

The lewdness and nakedness enhances the unlawful sexual acts which lead to corruption of the community and disruption of the family ties.

Is it better that women lie naked on the sea shores, or to be chaste and respectful in their houses with their husbands and their families?

This is in the Quran 24: 31
وَقُل لِّلْمُؤْمِنَاتِ يَغْضُضْنَ مِنْ أَبْصَارِهِنَّ وَيَحْفَظْنَ فُرُوجَهُنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا مَا ظَهَرَ مِنْهَا وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَى جُيُوبِهِنَّ وَلَا يُبْدِينَ زِينَتَهُنَّ إِلَّا لِبُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَائِهِنَّ أَوْ آبَاء بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَائِهِنَّ أَوْ أَبْنَاء بُعُولَتِهِنَّ أَوْ إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي إِخْوَانِهِنَّ أَوْ بَنِي أَخَوَاتِهِنَّ أَوْ نِسَائِهِنَّ أَوْ مَا مَلَكَتْ أَيْمَانُهُنَّ أَوِ التَّابِعِينَ غَيْرِ أُوْلِي الْإِرْبَةِ مِنَ الرِّجَالِ أَوِ الطِّفْلِ الَّذِينَ لَمْ يَظْهَرُوا عَلَى عَوْرَاتِ النِّسَاء وَلَا يَضْرِبْنَ بِأَرْجُلِهِنَّ لِيُعْلَمَ مَا يُخْفِينَ مِن زِينَتِهِنَّ وَتُوبُوا إِلَى اللَّهِ جَمِيعًا أَيُّهَا الْمُؤْمِنُونَ لَعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

The explanation:
(And tell the believing women to lower their sights,

and guard their private parts,

and not to display their [beauty] and ornaments¹ except that which is outward²,

and should draw their veils over their bosoms,

and to display not their [beauty and] ornaments but only to:
>> their husbands,
>> their fathers,
>> the fathers of their husbands,
>> their sons,
>> the sons of their husbands,
>> their brothers,
>> the sons of their brothers,
>> the sons of their sisters,
>> their women [: whether relatives or friends ³],
>> or the bondwomen whom they possess,
>> or such men as attend them 'not having sexual desire'*,
>> or children who have not yet been aware of women's private parts.

And that they should not strike their feet to draw attention to their hidden ornaments**;

and turn in repentance to God, altogether, O believers, that you may prosper [in Paradise].)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
¹to other men, like the bracelets, armlets, ear-rings, finger-rings and what is like that of dresses or make-up like the rouge, lip-sticks, dye and tattoo; all this the woman should hide when she get out of her house lest men should see that.

²Like the veil, the gold pieces put in the veil on the head, the band which some women wrap on her head, and the head cap on which some women hang some gold pieces and the cloak on which some women also hang some gold ornaments and the shoe.

³To these the women are allowed to be naked before them, but not the disbelieving or profligate women; lest these should describe the believing women to their husbands and these may accuse the believing women by adultery and give witness by describing the body marks or the tattoo of the believing woman body.

*Like the castrated man, the hermaphrodite and the old man: to these the woman is allowed to uncover her face and her ornamentation and make up before them.

**In order that men may hear the sound of the anklet.

باللغة العربية

Old 11-29-2009, 07:27 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Dude, chastity does not mean the woman has to cover up

I can not support an initiative where a woman is mandated to cover up. I certainly love naked women , and all that matters is whether they have some ethics in who they sleep with and how many.

Old 11-29-2009, 07:58 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
A Saudi cleric issued a fatwa on birthday parties (they’re an innovation and people do not need innovations); Pakistani radicals issued one for President Zardari’s flirtatious interaction with Alaska Governor Sarah Palin (for indecent gestures and praise of a non-Muslim woman wearing a short skirt); and the breast feeding fatwa, where the Islamic restriction on unmarried men and women sharing the workplace would be lifted if the woman – in an effort to ‘establish family ties’ – breast fed her male colleagues five times.

Bored with targeting Jews and Americans, Muslim council issues fatwa on yoga

Insert your own babes-in-the-office joke here.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:06 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,715,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
A Saudi cleric issued a fatwa on birthday parties (they’re an innovation and people do not need innovations); Pakistani radicals issued one for President Zardari’s flirtatious interaction with Alaska Governor Sarah Palin (for indecent gestures and praise of a non-Muslim woman wearing a short skirt); and the breast feeding fatwa, where the Islamic restriction on unmarried men and women sharing the workplace would be lifted if the woman – in an effort to ‘establish family ties’ – breast fed her male colleagues five times.

Bored with targeting Jews and Americans, Muslim council issues fatwa on yoga

Insert your own babes-in-the-office joke here.
I don't understand that but I wouldn't mind some cream for my coffee

Old 11-29-2009, 08:12 AM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,366 times
The Fatwa is a lesson for the West. There is more going on then the news will tell you; news is always about bad news, because that's the news the gullible public wants to read.

I think the the archaeologists talk like this. Sure didn't want to talk with me yesterday in the museum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality