Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 02:29 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
quite the contrair, as long as we have people who visit Christian boards that are not Christian, I shall see it as they are seeking.
Agreed, but you are in error as to what I am seeking. I assure you it is not God that I am seeking.

Oh...btw...the forum is called "religion," not "Christianity." The thread is titled "Testimonies of how God...," not "Testimonies of how the Christian God..."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM

5,903 posts, read 3,795,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Why are you HERE? This is a CHRISTIAN thread? This thread specifically asks for testimonies of how God reveals Himself...If you do not believe...why are you still here? You are both totally off topic and out of line. This thread DID NOT ASK your opinion of whether or not God has ever revealed Himself, nor did it ask you to debate this. This thread was started for Christians to share their testimonies...
Please feel FREE to read and/or POST if you can manage to do so with RESPECT and DIGNITY and WITHOUT OFFENDING the Christians that this thread was directed to!
Anyone else with me here?

And Art...it was the tone of your post. I'm sorry if I misjudged you as being "unhappy and negative"...your post says otherwise. Please disregard my concern and try to find an atheist post you might be more content in
I'm right here with you, Kawgpz...we were just posting at exactly the same time. Set my fingers on fire too!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:30 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,009,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Agreed, but you are in error as to what I am seeking. I assure you it is not God that I am seeking.
Again, this goes back to my last post...please read one page back..last post

Old 05-19-2007, 02:34 PM

Quote:

Oh...btw...the forum is called "religion," not "Christianity." The thread is titled "Testimonies of how God...," not "Testimonies of how the Christian God..."
Alrighty then, let's hear that testimony of what your god has done in your life! And we have a winner, folks - this might be the grandest nitpicking atheist of them all so far!!!

Old 05-19-2007, 02:43 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,527,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
Alrighty then, let's hear that testimony of what your god has done in your life! And we have a winner, folks - this might be the grandest nitpicking atheist of them all so far!!!
Pointing out that religions exist other than Christianity is nitpicking?

Old 05-19-2007, 02:45 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Quote:

ahhh, you are so nit-picky.

I still like ya.

and you better watch out, God just might find you.
gotta go now, have a good day,

Old 05-19-2007, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Pointing out that religions exist other than Christianity is nitpicking?
We know they exist, they are just wrong. But we still like to hear what they have to say as long as it is said with respect. You have yet to give your testimony/special story of how God has worked in your life. The name of the thread is not "pointing out that other religions exist".

Old 05-19-2007, 03:49 PM

124 posts, read 396,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northsouth View Post
You're new so I'm going to take it easy on you, although you have come charging into a very peaceful thread that we have enjoyed reading as Christians and tried to ruin it. That, to me, is of the devil.

You're mad at God for not answering ALL of our prayers? Hmmm....that would suggest that you actually believe in God. It also suggests that you have prayed at some point and didn't get the answers you wanted so you threw a hissy fit like a 2 year old that doesn't get his way. God wants us to pray and be specific. It's up to him to answer it in his own way, in His own time. It's up to you to accept the answer without questioning His reasons or authority. You can pray for all of those things you said above....if the answer is not provided here on earth you will find out why when you accept Jesus Christ, humble yourself, live for God, die, and go to heaven.

Christians give all the credit and the glory to God, because He deserves it. As Christians we all know how unworthy we are and are extremely grateful when our prayers are acknowledged in the smallest of ways.

We chose the ONLY BELIEF THAT IS REQUIRED BY GOD, Jesus Christ. There is no other "religion" - that's it.

We can't prove it to you. We already know it and it's up to you to prove it to yourself. Christians on this board have done what is required and the rest is up to the Lord and you. And as you or the other guy said, why should we be affected by what you say?
Northsouth,

All of your assumptions about me are wrong. I am 64 years old and have been and unbeliever for many years. Never did get into praying except when I was a kid and was told I would fry in hell for an eternity if I didn't fall in line with the rest of the good christians.

Also, based on what you said, the following bible verses are lies. Will you point out where it says your prayer may or may not be answered? Where it also says if they are answered you may not get exactly what you wanted and are only "acknowledged in the smallest of ways"? I can give a number of other verses out of the bible that say all prayers are answered and they are answered just exactly as you ask.

Matthew 21:21:
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

"There is no other "religion" - that's it." Better get the word out to the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and any other religion that does not believe in Jesus. They don't agree with you.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:54 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,394,406 times
[quote=noplacelikeWA;721170]God does want to bless us when we walk in His ways and He can use anyone to do His work, even a perfect strangerQUOTE]

I have come to know this also.The more I prayed for someone else,the more my life felt fullfilled,I saw those prayers answered.I have come to stop and look and smell the roses
more often,to see the wonders of life and things around me with amazement.I do forget sometimes I admit and get into a rut ,yet I still see it differently and with more peace in my mind.

I have also come to know that when I do pray for myself,things might be difficult and I might be at a breaking point but it always seems to work out.I try to remember to pray for thanks in good times besides when I need help.

Just wish some of the posters who post bad about religion could at least understand the point Im trying to make above rather then focusing on people's ways,which can leave someone disappointed.

I cannot say with certainy that I always walk the path that God wants,I do have faults that's for sure,I just hope for continued divine guidance.

Old 05-19-2007, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art R View Post
Northsouth,

All of your assumptions about me are wrong. I am 64 years old and have been and unbeliever for many years. Never did get into praying except when I was a kid and was told I would fry in hell for an eternity if I didn't fall in line with the rest of the good christians.

Also, based on what you said, the following bible verses are lies. Will you point out where it says your prayer may or may not be answered? Where it also says if they are answered you may not get exactly what you wanted and are only "acknowledged in the smallest of ways"? I can give a number of other verses out of the bible that say all prayers are answered and they are answered just exactly as you ask.

Matthew 21:21:
I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.

Mark 11:24:
Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.

"There is no other "religion" - that's it." Better get the word out to the Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and any other religion that does not believe in Jesus. They don't agree with you.
Actually, I made absolutely no assumptions about you. I never even try to guess or visualize who I am talking to. My response is based solely on what you say and how you say it, and the fact that this IS a Christian thread started by a Christian, and you are fully aware of that. Yet you chose to come into our peaceful place and destroy it. I take issue with what you have done and are still doing....I don't make assumptions.

Now, with that said, I have been exactly where you are. Although I never stopped believing in God, I turned away all of my life until a year ago because religion was force-fed, scriptures twisted and taken out of context to suit a sick mind, exposed to the most bizarre churches and behaviors, and I was also told the same thing....you're going to hell. I did not care. I didn't want to be in heaven with that a** if that's what Chrisitianity was all about.

So, you never really know what anyones story is until they tell ya. I'm sorry that this happened to you because I have walked in your shoes and I have been one screwed up individual all of my life. But here's what I learned....FOR MYSELF. I said this once already today but somehow I feel it needs to be said again. I would love to talk with you some more about this since we seem to have some things in common, but I have a really bad headache and wish to go sleep it off. So I'll leave you with this and pick up tomorrow, if you would like.

I think I say it somewhat differently everytime, but here it is.

On Judgement Day, saying that you were so horribly mistreated, abused, neglected, offended or irritated by pesky Christians that you just didn't care what the truth really was....is not going to be a valid argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality