U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2007, 05:55 PM

326 posts, read 306,170 times

Advertisements

...this earth would probably be permanent. it would likely be a much better place, everyone would likely be nice to each other, and more than likely, there would be no tears, no death, no violence, no threat of being thrown into the fire, no pain, very little work, no bugs that feed on blood, and my psychic beliefs tell me that the flesh would be forever. anyone else have any comments on what they think the world would be like today if adam and eve had never eaten the forbidden fruit in the garden of eden?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2007, 06:01 PM

3,684 posts, read 10,447,850 times
There would be no menstrual cramping...which would have made my world happier...LOL

Old 05-15-2007, 06:02 PM

20,447 posts, read 20,870,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
There would be no menstrual cramping...which would have made my world happier...LOL
Yeah, but it would be a woman alone having to deal with two males. Holy hannah, who needs that??? (ETA...the idea being, I don't think Adam and Eve would have had any children if not for Original Sin, since God "condemned" Eve to childbirth as part of her punishment. So...you know. It would have just been Eve and Adam and God...um......okay, now that I've killed the joke entirely by explaining.......)

Old 05-15-2007, 06:08 PM

1,310 posts, read 2,605,506 times
It would be like what we're waiting for after our life is over here. It'll be great.

Old 05-15-2007, 06:12 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,301,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Yeah, but it would be a woman alone having to deal with two males. Holy hannah, who needs that??? (ETA...the idea being, I don't think Adam and Eve would have had any children if not for Original Sin, since God "condemned" Eve to childbirth as part of her punishment. So...you know. It would have just been Eve and Adam and God...um......okay, now that I've killed the joke entirely by explaining.......)
Actually God gave her pain in childbirth as punishment, not child birth itself.
Genesis 3:
16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

MBG

Old 05-15-2007, 06:16 PM

46,694 posts, read 32,958,074 times
I propose founding a new religion in which all of humanity directs their prejudice and hatred at Adam & Eve and gets along with everyone else

Old 05-15-2007, 06:34 PM

1,078 posts, read 3,301,290 times
Burdell, we are no greater, sin would have eventually entered the World through some one, because we all fall short.
MBG

Old 05-15-2007, 09:02 PM

7,780 posts, read 12,632,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Actually God gave her pain in childbirth as punishment, not child birth itself.
Genesis 3:
16Unto the woman he said, I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; and thy desire shall be to thy husband, and he shall rule over thee.

MBG
That's a good point. I was looking at the first three chapters of Genesis just the other night and I'm not so sure Cain and Abel weren't born before the fall.

Excellent point there, mbg. Sharp as a tack, you are!

EDIT: Let me put it this way, there's an argument for before and after. Maybe that's the best way to say it.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:09 PM

20,447 posts, read 20,870,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnightbirdgirl View Post
Burdell, we are no greater, sin would have eventually entered the World through some one, because we all fall short.
MBG
This is such a sad sentiment. If I had created something that was absolutely, positively bound to misfire and be faulty eventually, I'd be embarrassed. I certainly wouldn't punish what I'd created for being faulty, when I was the creator. Do you truly believe we were bound to eventually be sinful...no matter what? Is this a commonly held belief? I hadn't heard this one before. But hearing it now makes me sad.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:25 PM

6,483 posts, read 13,009,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
This is such a sad sentiment. If I had created something that was absolutely, positively bound to misfire and be faulty eventually, I'd be embarrassed. I certainly wouldn't punish what I'd created for being faulty, when I was the creator. Do you truly believe we were bound to eventually be sinful...no matter what? Is this a commonly held belief? I hadn't heard this one before. But hearing it now makes me sad.
That's one of the things that ultimately drove me from religion. I mean, (supposedly) God is GOD. All knowing. Why didn't he just wipe the slate clean and start over? Or just NOT PUT THE TREE THERE??? Why go through eons of sorrow and the death of his son?

It just doesn't make sense, no matter how you spin it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality