Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 06:32 PM

541 posts, read 984,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Man, I truly wish Sarah Palin can become President in 2013.

I wanna see the reaction of the liberal folks, with 20 popcorn bags
..oh god...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 06:48 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MI-IRISH View Post
..oh god...
You see, it's that very reaction

I sound this off to my friends and they look at me like they would rather jump into the sea with a rock tied to their necks.

It seems to scare them more than any 2012 earthquake. What if Palin is the true "asteroid" of 2012

Is Betsey listening? We're discussing her favourite topic, I should DM her.

Old 11-28-2009, 07:20 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,137,511 times
Quote:

Sure / Right?! .

But, alot of out-of-work Comedians need fresh stuff to crack jokes about. And its bad enough that the "Bush Family Crime Syndicate", has left us the laughing stock of the world and that goes for the third world nations. She's sure is the Right Stuff , a teaching tool for "NOT WHAT TO BECOME", although I hear that if you blow in her ears she says, "Thanks for the refill".
Sorry, I don't have any popcorn.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:28 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Red face Visual Commentary....

or...

or perhaps, as regards Sara...

Old 11-28-2009, 10:46 AM

Wink Last night, we saw "2012"

1) The special effects were SPECTACULAR. Super Spectacular in fact!

The premise is, well... the premise. The sad "I'll talk to you next week, mom...[sob]" when the talker knows she's gonna be dead next week? Too hokey.

But the scenes of L.A. sliding into the ocean are priceless. One can only hope, huh? The faked speech by Svarts-eh-Neghar [Kahl-ee-forh-nee-yah!] are also humorous, as he announces the danger has passed just as the Sacramento Capital building collapses on him.

Of course, Hollywood get's it's digs in by photo'ing way too much of it right there in LaLaLand, but hey; it was their tab, right? And Hollywood IS the Center of the Fake Universe after all...

Anyhow, a poll conducted somewhere noted that about 33% of the viewers of this movie were actually scared by it, and said they were afraid it was an accurate depiction.

How DO we make some money off this, guys? BTW, I think the best place to hide would be onboard a US nuc boomer sub. Assuming the premise isn't that the entire world is gonna completely disintegrate. Poof!

Oh yeah; scientifically, the script calls for "mutated neutrinos" as the culprit. They penetrate us harmlessly, but then superheat the Earth's core, just like a microwave oven does. Strangely, these hyper-energetic particles do nothing to us residents or the equally absorbent oceanic waters.

Well, no-one said this was in any way scientifically accurate, I know. Just like the "real" prediction.

And there's a brief religious reference, as some big Rusky HIND helos fly in two giraffes, two elephants, etc. to the "Ark" site. You know; the impossible "two by two" scenario of that old fairy tale?

So, it's started. The mass hysteria, fueled by the honest and heartfelt wishful desires of the fundies for just such an apocalyptic event, but not complete unless that mythic Golden Ship arrives to take the devout onboard soz they can "Neah neah" the rest of us heathens...

Phunny stuff!

Old 11-28-2009, 10:53 AM

Good call on the neutrinos, rifleman. I was thinking exactly the same. It's just that they took so much liberty with atomic physics

I got bummed at the Indian stereotype. Their accents, their emotions and their way of life. For Pete's sake, Hollywood still portrays British India. For the record, how me and my peers speak, we do not sound like that at all Many a time all of us get asked if we are British educated, on the accent part.

The movie was so boring I fell asleep.

But the best moment was when they showed the president in the church. I just died laughing, hahahaha

Old 11-28-2009, 11:48 AM

Then we can happily agree: it's a docu-scyfy-futuro-comedic-drama?

With no basis in future-fact, given that it's too too wack-a-loon?

Of course, you know what's going to happen, don't you? On Dec 18th or so,. a semi-large meteorite, which of course the Mayans could not possibly have predicted, will enter a potential collision path with the Earth, it will be announced on the Alphabet Evening News [it having been a slow week and all...] and all hell will break out in the streets...

Well, perhaps the sex will be good.... until the next morning, when you wake up with "God, who is THIS?" beside you, and a real bad headache!

Old 11-28-2009, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Then we can happily agree: it's a docu-scyfy-futuro-comedic-drama?

With no basis in future-fact, given that it's too too wack-a-loon?

Of course, you know what's going to happen, don't you? On Dec 18th or so,. a semi-large meteorite, which of course the Mayans could not possibly have predicted, will enter a potential collision path with the Earth, it will be announced on the Alphabet Evening News [it having been a slow week and all...] and all hell will break out in the streets...

Well, perhaps the sex will be good.... until the next morning, when you wake up with "God, who is THIS?" beside you, and a real bad headache!
Yes, docu-scyfy-futuro-comedic-drama it is.

Except that I would call it a tragic comedy too.

Even I'm saying nothing's gonna happen in 2012. I know I'll be happily married, making more money, and possibly expecting twins, LMAO.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:00 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,615,424 times
Quote:

Dang dude - that would be funny as hell for sure. Even though it seems completely unbelievable - stranger things have happened. How fun to see what happens next.

I've had friends swear to leave the country if that happens!!!

Old 11-29-2009, 04:28 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,546,133 times
I think Palin has some good qualities, but wanting her to be President because it'll annoy people you don't like is probably a bad idea. When their side did it we ended up with Senator Al Franken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality