Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 07:17 AM

7,685 posts, read 13,141,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I think Palin has some good qualities, but wanting her to be President because it'll annoy people you don't like is probably a bad idea. When their side did it we ended up with Senator Al Franken.
Yep!
She's a (stupid) hottie with nice legs and thats about the extent of it . Oh forgot, she's dumber than a bag of hammers and almost as dense as an anvil, but she has nice legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2009, 10:16 AM

51 posts, read 62,496 times
It is simple. Ancient astronomers warn that in a of a comet there will come time when the nature will vary. Correctly and safely to live - it is necessary to correct a calendar and a way of life
For example: To change time for earth processing. Not to make it - turns to troubles. It concerns Christianities - they have followed an example. But. Their way strange.

Old 12-10-2009, 01:10 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,427,153 times
It means nothing to Christians, nor should it mean anything to anyone else. Why is it that the only thing we've EVER consulted the Mayans about is when the world is ending.

If they were so intelligent, you'd think that they would have figured out a way to stick around.

Yeah, the world will come to an end some day, but The Bible says that not even Jesus knows when that time will be. We cannot control it, force it, etc., nor do we want to. It'll happen one day. Could be in 45 minutes. Could be in 450 years. It's not of our choosing and it's certainly not one of the Mayans' choosing.

Old 12-10-2009, 02:12 PM

51 posts, read 62,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
It means nothing to Christians, nor should it mean anything to anyone else. Why is it that the only thing we've EVER consulted the Mayans about is when the world is ending.

If they were so intelligent, you'd think that they would have figured out a way to stick around.

Yeah, the world will come to an end some day, but The Bible says that not even Jesus knows when that time will be. We cannot control it, force it, etc., nor do we want to. It'll happen one day. Could be in 45 minutes. Could be in 450 years. It's not of our choosing and it's certainly not one of the Mayans' choosing.
I do not know a calendar of Maja. I know indoeuropean a calendar. Last time it was corrected in 368 year. It has entered into Christianity under the name "Christmas Star" you should not read these Indians.
Recollect a calendar in Egypt - it another. This calendar is adapted for desert. Pyramids - there on a star there was a management. The European calendar has been corrected in
In a grief Elbrus. Better not Christian.
Business in it. During ancient times people have defined on a star: when to process the earth , and, and.
On a calendar has been drawn ресунок actions in a current of year. During each epoch of change - the schedule changed. Will not be
"Doomsday". I think that Indians knew that they will disappear , not adapted the schedule of works in a current of year for a life of their nation. A doomsday for Indians .

Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,657,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmos View Post
I do not know a calendar of Maja. I know indoeuropean a calendar. Last time it was corrected in 368 year. It has entered into Christianity under the name "Christmas Star" you should not read these Indians.
Recollect a calendar in Egypt - it another. This calendar is adapted for desert. Pyramids - there on a star there was a management. The European calendar has been corrected in
Business in it. During ancient times people have defined on a star: when to process the earth , and, and.
On a calendar has been drawn ресунок actions in a current of year. During each epoch of change - the schedule changed. Will not be
"Doomsday". I think that Indians knew that they will disappear , not adapted the schedule of works in a current of year for a life of their nation. A doomsday for Indians .

Does anybody understand what this individual is talking about, I don't think this person knows what they're talking about and rifleman you just had to start another thread about the 2012 doomsday thing, didn't you...

Old 12-10-2009, 04:37 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,462,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Good call on the neutrinos, rifleman. I was thinking exactly the same. It's just that they took so much liberty with atomic physics

I got bummed at the Indian stereotype. Their accents, their emotions and their way of life. For Pete's sake, Hollywood still portrays British India. For the record, how me and my peers speak, we do not sound like that at all Many a time all of us get asked if we are British educated, on the accent part.

The movie was so boring I fell asleep.

But the best moment was when they showed the president in the church. I just died laughing, hahahaha
Don't feel bad, they still portray Texans as all having horses, and being Cowboys.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:40 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,462,974 times
Quote:

True enough, and it could be on 12/21/12--as predicted

Old 12-10-2009, 05:38 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,351,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
The Mayans were smart enough to come up with a calendar that spaned several years because they saw the pattern in time. The Julian calendar, the one commonly sold around this time of year, only covers one year. At the end of this one year span, we normally throw out our old calendars and buy a new one. The Mayans were smarter than that, their calendar spans many years and is on a repeating pattern. The only thing that will happen is the calendar will start over. It was never intended to signal a doomsday event. Only modern times would come up with a notion that idiotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakback View Post
Christians are as diverse as any group.

I don't wish to be lumped into the paranoid doomsayer crowd.

There is, and always has been the "world is coming to an end" fringe group.

I will however make a prediction.

There will always be a "worlds is coming to an end" fringe groups

As a Christian, I believe TODAY is the day of my salvation.

Quote:

And another...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozmos View Post
But this one, I'm with ptsum... HUH???

So there you have it rifleman...that date means nothing to Christians. Except me. My son will turn 22.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM

147 posts, read 329,705 times
Matthew 24:36 (and Mark 13:32) tells us, “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father

Old 12-10-2009, 07:12 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,459,170 times
I have to be fairly honest in saying that I haven't come across a whole lot of people who really and truly take the 2012 thing very seriously - even on this forum. Yes, there are a few but I'd say the hype has been mostly media driven. I actually feel like the media has derived a way with this story to make a lot of us think there are far more people buying into this than there actually are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality