Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 05:37 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times

Advertisements

As I stated on another thread, Divine Love saves you from sin. When you have obtained Divine Love in your soul, it eradicates sin and the inclination to sin. Natural love, the love you are born with, cannot save you as you will always be left with the inclination to sin. Being saved means to fill your soul with Divine Love. In no other way can you be saved.
Jesus was the first one to receive it fully before His death. In that way He is the savior because He showed the way to obtain it. Through prayer to the Father. In no other way can it be obtained.
Jesus cannot save anyone, only the Father and His Love when prayed for. Jesus was the wayshower, you are the one who must follow the way or you cannot be saved. Anyone who does not have this Divine Love in their soul is not saved no matter what they believe about Jesus or what the bible tells you. To believe in Jesus as a person or His death cannot save you, only God's Divine Love.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2009, 08:31 AM

2,070 posts, read 2,161,958 times
Thanks Reverend1111.

People also need to understand that those of us who pray and receive God's Divine Love will go to the highest heavens, or the Celestial Heavens and we are assured of immortality, while those who don't opt to pursue this course will reach the highest natural love sphere, or the sixth sphere in the spirit world and are not assured of immortality, but they will be happy and they will have God' love with them, however, they won't possess His very essence in their souls.

At some point in time, there will be no hell, as people will cease doing sinful things and they will love one another.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:34 AM

598 posts, read 917,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
As I stated on another thread, Divine Love saves you from sin. When you have obtained Divine Love in your soul, it eradicates sin and the inclination to sin. Natural love, the love you are born with, cannot save you as you will always be left with the inclination to sin. Being saved means to fill your soul with Divine Love. In no other way can you be saved.
Jesus was the first one to receive it fully before His death. In that way He is the savior because He showed the way to obtain it. Through prayer to the Father. In no other way can it be obtained.
Jesus cannot save anyone, only the Father and His Love when prayed for. Jesus was the wayshower, you are the one who must follow the way or you cannot be saved. Anyone who does not have this Divine Love in their soul is not saved no matter what they believe about Jesus or what the bible tells you. To believe in Jesus as a person or His death cannot save you, only God's Divine Love.
Did anyone ever, ever get "saved" (other than God and Jesus)? If never, ever, ever ... anyone in the history got "saved", people tend to say this is just BS.

Also, your story got problem: Jesus is already died, and he became "sin-free". What did he do in his life? If "sin" is anything meaningful at all (meaningful means: not simply as "separated from paying church"), shouldn't he have lived a "sin-free" life prior to his death? Now Jesus is dead, and his "sin-free", big deal.

Most reverends tell the story a little differently: Jesus died, and he already "saved" the entire human race.

If "already saved", who needs religion? Okay everyone, stopping paying the churches, everyone's "saved".

If no one has ever been "saved", who needs religion? Okay everyone, stopping paying the churches, no one was ever "saved"; this is just BS.

Old 11-29-2009, 11:55 AM

7,084 posts, read 14,861,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud235 View Post
Was anyone ever "saved"?
Well, yeah, I pulled a drowning guy out of a lake once. Or, were you speaking of "being saved" as a part of religious mythology?

Old 11-29-2009, 01:23 PM

22 posts, read 28,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Thanks Reverend1111.

People also need to understand that those of us who pray and receive God's Divine Love will go to the highest heavens, or the Celestial Heavens and we are assured of immortality, while those who don't opt to pursue this course will reach the highest natural love sphere, or the sixth sphere in the spirit world and are not assured of immortality, but they will be happy and they will have God' love with them, however, they won't possess His very essence in their souls.

At some point in time, there will be no hell, as people will cease doing sinful things and they will love one another.

Your Divine Love is different from other religions... how? It's just another variation of the same illogical and unproven belief in an invisible imaginary deity that you neither know nor "possess".

Do you think it is an act of *love* to present *your ideological beliefs* to others as though you are a mouthpiece of reason and truth for an imaginary god?

Old 11-30-2009, 02:55 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,556,553 times
Quote:
Did anyone ever, ever get "saved"
Yes. Joseph Pearce was of the British National Front before becoming a Catholic. Several other people in violent or racist organizations became more humane after a religious conversion. Several musicians credited religion with helping them recover from a drug or alcohol addiction. Certain studies indicate there are religious programs that are quite successful at getting people to stop smoking. Even from a secular perspective religion can be effective at behavior modification, at least in some individuals. If said behaviors are dangerous or deadly than the person is saved from them.

And that's not getting into the afterlife or sin in general.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:08 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Quote:
Did anyone ever, ever get "saved" (other than God and Jesus)? If never, ever, ever ... anyone in the history got "saved", people tend to say this is just BS.

Also, your story got problem: Jesus is already died, and he became "sin-free". What did he do in his life? If "sin" is anything meaningful at all (meaningful means: not simply as "separated from paying church"), shouldn't he have lived a "sin-free" life prior to his death? Now Jesus is dead, and his "sin-free", big deal.

Most reverends tell the story a little differently: Jesus died, and he already "saved" the entire human race.

If "already saved", who needs religion? Okay everyone, stopping paying the churches, everyone's "saved".

If no one has ever been "saved", who needs religion? Okay everyone, stopping paying the churches, no one was ever "saved"; this is just BS.
Of course! It doesn't matter if you are saved on earth or in the spirit world. There are countless beings that have absolutely been saved. All it takes is prayer and the desire to become a better person towards yourself and others. It's the simplest thing to do yet people still think if it's easy, it must not work. The hardest part is the willingness to give up the old ways that hinder you.

And yeah, you don't need a church in order to pray. You don't need to pay anyone and you don't need to adhere to the rites and ceremonies that most churches shove at you in order to follow them. All you need is a belief in God even if it's just a teeny little iota.

Old 11-30-2009, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethought View Post
Your Divine Love is different from other religions... how? It's just another variation of the same illogical and unproven belief in an invisible imaginary deity that you neither know nor "possess".

Do you think it is an act of *love* to present *your ideological beliefs* to others as though you are a mouthpiece of reason and truth for an imaginary god?

My Divine Love is different. I receive it in my soul and there is a distinct sensation... a warmth in the area of my heart. It comes to me because my soul longs for it. And with it's receipt comes not only love, but peace, forgiveness, tolerance, patience, tenderness and gentleness.

So you see, it can be proved. Many people I know have this same experience, including Reverend1111.

Yes, it is an act of love, because I wouldn't come here on my own accord if it wasn't.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:05 PM

22 posts, read 28,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
My Divine Love is different. I receive it in my soul and there is a distinct sensation... a warmth in the area of my heart. It comes to me because my soul longs for it. And with it's receipt comes not only love, but peace, forgiveness, tolerance, patience, tenderness and gentleness.

So you see, it can be proved. Many people I know have this same experience, including Reverend1111.

Yes, it is an act of love, because I wouldn't come here on my own accord if it wasn't.
I'm sure you are very sincere in your belief, but a "warmth in the heart" does not equal proof. I get warm and fuzzy when I think about my lover, and I don't call it soul or god. I also experience forgiveness, tolerance, patience, tenderness, and gentleness...and guess what? I don't call it god. Those "feelings" are available and developed without believing in "your" Divine Love.

I also know a number of people who experience the same thing, and they do not call it "your" Divine Love. I also know atheists and agnostics who are far more loving, kind, thoughtful, and "god-like" than most every religious/spiritual person I have ever met. In fact, I find the atheist and agnostic to be more intellectually stimulating, rational, and profound than those proclaiming intimate knowledge of an invisible deity.

I think it is an act of proselytizing, not love... by my definition of the word.

Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freethought View Post
I'm sure you are very sincere in your belief, but a "warmth in the heart" does not equal proof. I get warm and fuzzy when I think about my lover, and I don't call it soul or god. I also experience forgiveness, tolerance, patience, tenderness, and gentleness...and guess what? I don't call it god. Those "feelings" are available and developed without believing in "your" Divine Love.

I also know a number of people who experience the same thing, and they do not call it "your" Divine Love. I also know atheists and agnostics who are far more loving, kind, thoughtful, and "god-like" than most every religious/spiritual person I have ever met. In fact, I find the atheist and agnostic to be more intellectually stimulating, rational, and profound than those proclaiming intimate knowledge of an invisible deity.

I think it is an act of proselytizing, not love... by my definition of the word.
Well, when you get these feelings of warmth in your heart when you think about your lover, multiply it by ten times, and when you receive even more Divine Love over a period of years, multiply it by another ten, or even more, as the feeling intensifies and stays with you and doesn't leave when your soul is open.

God is soul and that's how He communicates with us and that's how we receive his love when our souls are open and longing. It's not a mind thing. And this is the way the proof comes.

We are born with natural love and with this love we love our families and friends and neighbors, but sometimes while we are living on this earth, this love doesn't last and there is conflict and people move in and out of our lives.

With God's Divine Love, it never leaves us but continues to grow from the minute you first receive it in your soul.

I'm just sharing with you and whoever reads my posts. It's up to you and everyone else to decide if this is something you want to pursue. If you do, great. If you don't, fine. It's not like I'm getting paid or anything else to be here as I don't belong to any church. My church is my Father in Heaven and I don't need to do any tithing or do any good works or anything of that sort.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality