Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2009, 05:10 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,473,051 times

Advertisements

I often visit the R&D section of CD forums to browse. From my understanding, this section is mainly for discussing religion and religious issues, not A) Proselytizing people into your religion or B)Trying to prove why your religion is "the one and only" and give out reasons why.

I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but I think threads that deal with trying to convert people should be deleted and banned. I am assuming that most people come to this section just to discuss religion, and not have people trying to convert them.

What do you think?

Old 12-03-2009, 06:46 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,112,736 times
That’s it. Lets have a forum for those that want to be proselytized to.
Call it, I want to be preached at.
I may visit just for the peace and quiet .

Aeroman

Old 12-03-2009, 07:00 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,535,747 times
The only forum where proselytizing is banned is the A&A forum. So, of course, that is where it happens most of all.

Old 12-03-2009, 07:31 AM

4,082 posts, read 5,031,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissy View Post
I often visit the R&D section of CD forums to browse. From my understanding, this section is mainly for discussing religion and religious issues, not A) Proselytizing people into your religion or B)Trying to prove why your religion is "the one and only" and give out reasons why.

I am not trying to be a negative nancy, but I think threads that deal with trying to convert people should be deleted and banned. I am assuming that most people come to this section just to discuss religion, and not have people trying to convert them.

What do you think?

I agree, I wish the proselytizing messages would not be posted, because they are not interested in a discussion... We all have different beliefs or non-beliefs and that is ok...... lol

Old 12-03-2009, 07:59 AM

1,084 posts, read 2,473,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroman View Post
That’s it. Lets have a forum for those that want to be proselytized to.
Call it, I want to be preached at.
I may visit just for the peace and quiet .

Aeroman
lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
The only forum where proselytizing is banned is the A&A forum. So, of course, that is where it happens most of all.
Oh, then that explains it. I think that the ban should include this entire religious section then. I don't want people in threads trying to convert me to their religion either, and I'm not even atheist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
I agree, I wish the proselytizing messages would not be posted, because they are not interested in a discussion... We all have different beliefs or non-beliefs and that is ok...... lol
Exactly. I do respect others beliefs, but darn it, respect mine too, you know?

Old 12-03-2009, 08:03 AM

7,991 posts, read 12,241,998 times
By way of clarification:

As per the Administrator's Sticky in the Atheist and Agnostic subforum, proselytizing is prohibitted in that subforum, only. When the mods come upon proselytizing in that subforum, it is dealt with accordingly.

As regards the R&P and Christianity subforum, it is not the place of the mods to 'censor' or otherwise mandate what members can and cannot post. These are all open forums, and provided members are adhering to the Terms of Service, they are free to post whatever OP's they wish for discussion and/or debate and dialogue.

-June
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality