Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:07 AM

5,535 posts, read 7,106,205 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Jesus alread told us you would know true Christian by their works. It should be obvious, that those who murder and kill, are Christian in name only.
god's not a christian?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:11 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
And if his color was a problem for me, why would I and my wife be sending aid to help people in Africa?
Because it makes you feel superior, and they aren't running for office here.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
The problems in Africa are overwhelming, yet much of this can be traced to the moral decline. And maybe that is why an atheist makes this observation.

Atheist: The problems in Africa cannot be solved with aid money alone, but Africans need to know God, contends an atheist journalist and former politician.

Consider the link below.

Atheist: Africa Needs God, Not Only Aid
Here is a comment by this so called atheist, Mathew Parris... Africans, you see, spend their lives either swaggering or grovelling, switching between the two states with "bewildering speed." Nelson Mandela did neither, but is "not the natural democratic product of his own people." Without apartheid, South Africans could never have elected such a leader.

Africans, Mr Parris believes, can only work "mindlessly in gangs under order" or "ingeniously and creatively alone," and are unable to do anything in-between.

No help here.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:16 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
God will help those who love Him. Yet the world is Hell bent on opposing GOD. And the more a people oppose Him, the less blessing they will receive from Him.
Don't be so sure about that. I've had a pretty interesting and fortunate life because I worked hard for it, and I'm currently sitting pretty compared to most people in this economy. I guess my being a hell-damned atheist hasn't come to the attention of any imaginary supernatural beings yet. You'd think in all the years since I was a child and loudly declared my atheism to my parents and the pastor in church, that anything sitting "up there" in the stars would have struck me down already.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:21 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,911,827 times
Default It's obvious to some, and not to others....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Are you seriously saying they people live in poverty do so because they aren't christian????
Yes, that would be the jist of his pronouncement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Wow that represents a huge amount of paranoia and disconnect from reality.
And your point? This particular poster has clearly demonstrated an amazing disconnect from reality on nearly every subject. No, I revise that: on every subject.

Intellectual debate is NOT characterized by a complete inability or unwillingness to consider alternate viewpoints nor admit when the evidence is overwhelming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullback32 View Post
Are you kidding Tom? Africa, like the Americas, were just fine until the Europeans came with their god, guns and swords. The Muslims finished the job in Northern Africa, BTW.
Also, read Michener's Hawaii. or his similar Alaska. fiction, I know, but broadly historical. no wonder the natives hate the white Christian missionaries and the inevitable follow-on capitalists so much.

Very good point, Tantalus, tho' lost on the intended audience I guarantee. That God's documented deeds and accomplishments necessarily exclude Him from being considered a good practicing Christian.

See, the over-assumptive intelligence of the arrogant human animal lets him design his own godly personality, pretty much in man's own image, but an image hopped up by a very creative imagination, often on booze, drugs, and high times.

The end result is a very flawed and sin-filled personality who was nonetheless set up as an object for unwarranted adulation. Oh yes, let's not forget the collection of wealth and influence. With very humilitating punishments if you transgress...

How could you NOT be a believer, eh?

Too bad so many can't see this simple self-evident bit of delusion....

Old 11-30-2009, 11:33 AM

33,524 posts, read 37,121,123 times
Quote:
God will help those who love Him. Yet the world is Hell bent on opposing GOD. And the more a people oppose Him, the less blessing they will receive from Him.
I suspect that Bill Gates won't be taking this comment very seriously. Not only is Bill an atheist, but because he has the means, he is one of the most charitable people on earth.
They are a big part of the solution in Africa.
Global Health Program - Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation

Old 11-30-2009, 12:15 PM

3,169 posts, read 5,161,728 times
I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Or maybe both?

Thank You Satan? Really? You hear that? LOL!

Old 11-30-2009, 02:27 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseketeer View Post
If only this wasn't so tragic this could be hilarious. Unfortunately there is little to laugh about with mental illness and a delusion so ingrained that logic and common sense have long left the building....

This forum really never ceases to amaze me. One more mention of Satan and Obama in the same breath and I think we'll have an asylum full of perfect candidates.

And facile, glib statements about AIDS in Africa are pretty ignorant as well as ill judged, insensitive and holier than thou.

Some people need to get out and about once in a while and actually explore the issues armed with experience, an open mind and meet some of those people being judged remotely . I would suggest spending a couple of years in the bush armed with a conscience, empathy and a sense of understanding rather than with a bible and a mind so closed not even micro-particles could reach it....

Issues like abortion and AIDS are emotive but still deserve a little more respect than being seized on as "moral" crusades by people with all the empathy of comatose gnats. These are grown up issues and should be subject to a rational and intellectual discourse not to some hare brained notion borne out of religious intolerance and preconceptions.

If God is love how come so few of his followers have the courage of their convictions and follow in his/her footsteps... come to think of it how come a loving deity allows some of the murders, rapes, wars, poverty, natural disasters , exploitation etc... Why would any disease exist, any earthquakes happen ? Very little free will involved in those mass murders not even remotely connected to a human being. Why would God create a mosquito knowing it would kill millions every year ? Of course I forgot there is a mysterious plan so complex even his/her most advanced of creations can't understand...

A God which can perform miracles ( so I am told) has a pretty poor records when it actually comes to loving his/her children... Free will, what a marvellous get out clause. His/Her Lawyers must be patting themselves on the back for that marvel of ingenuity....

I just feel terribly sad and depressed that a Medieval mentality could still be in existence.
It is a Medieval mentality that would imbrace your opinion. And it is an Atheist who spent the better part of his life in Africa, who is now telling you Africa needs the Christian God. And he is telling you this, not because he himself believes in God. But because he sees the transformation in the lives of Africans who now follow Christ. The God that allows the murders and rapes, is the same God that allowed the people of this world to nail Him to a cross. He had free will to get out of that. Yet He allowed that to occur, so that anyone who wanted eternal life, could have it. And common sense, has nothing to do with holier than thou. Live a pure life before God, and the spread of Aids will be limited.
And dare anyone try to stop the murder mills of abortion. Of course anyone who would, is said to be guilty of religious, intolerance. I wonder if you would feel the same way, if a doctor was about to stick a knife in the back of your skull, so he could suck out your brains? We can speak with such ease when it's not are pound of flesh on the chopping block. And we can always give good reasons why someone else has to die. And yet in the same breath, you will tell us how insensitive those people are who are actually trying to protect life. Give me a break.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:30 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,967,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
god's not a christian?
Jesus is the Christian God. And Jesus is God.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:54 PM

5,535 posts, read 7,106,205 times
And very well documented in your bible (practically carved in stone) that god killed millions of people, even unborn children. BYKT..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality