Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 10:35 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
And why would a condom rule matter?
Because condoms prevent AIDS, "dufus".

Old 12-07-2009, 10:46 AM

13,809 posts, read 26,558,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Because condoms prevent AIDS, "dufus".
You know you are allowed to read more than one sentence of a person's post. Maybe that's hard for you so I'll space out the stuff you skipped.

"If a priest is going to sleep around it really makes little to no moral difference if they use a condom or not.

The sin isn't going to become 'even more mortal of a mortal sin' at least I don't see how at this moment."

And although, unlike many conservative Catholics, I think condoms reduce the chance of getting infected with AIDS saying they outright "prevent it" is maybe an exaggeration. They do have a failure rate and some behavior modification is usually necessary.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:47 AM

5,536 posts, read 7,111,240 times
Quote:
And believe me, I'm not crowing over this, I think it's unbelievably sad.

It's just that so many fundamentalists just don't seem to give a rat's ass about this, as well as the child-rape scandal.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:51 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSpires View Post
Perhaps YOU should provide links for all your assertions. Or is it a case of "do as I say, not as I do?"
You made the assertions, it's up to you to prove them.

I do not have to do your homework for you.

And considering you are the one who made those statements and have not offered a shred of evidence, I wouldn't be phrasing your request like you have.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:16 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight.

When someone warns you that if you commit insurance fraud and get caught you will go to jail, and you respond "I don't believe jail exists," you consider that person to have "issued a threat?"
You'll have to do better than that...Jail exists..Hell doesn't...Telling someone they are going to hell is an idle threat made to insult and make the issuer of the threat feel they are above, or better than the one threatened....

Old 12-07-2009, 03:19 PM

Quote:
One thing not addressed in the article...

Priests often come into contact with the sick and frequent hosptials. I notice nothing was done to determine how many AID's cases were due to things like accidental needle sticks or fluid contact administering to a sick or dying patient, one of two of many examples of non-sexual transmission.

Also not noted is how many AID's cases may have been contracted through "ministering to street walkers".

Either way, the RCC needs to claw their way out of the Medieval Ages and allow their Priests to marry (they also need to catch up to the times and remember that "gay" isn't related to "pedophila" in the least, but a matter for another tthread perhaps).

I would also like to see this poll, the questions asked and more about their selection process.

Sensationalism sells papers, but for such and important concern, accuracy is key.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:40 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
You made the assertions, it's up to you to prove them.

I do not have to do your homework for you.

And considering you are the one who made those statements and have not offered a shred of evidence, I wouldn't be phrasing your request like you have.
I have nothing to prove to someone who uses the kind of language you used in your original post to me; you are an individual who likes to play games.

There most certainly are different types of atheism. The atheism of Marx is quite different from the atheism of George Orwell which is likewise different from the atheism of Ayn Rand.

Crowley:

In his book, Magick in Theory and Practice, Crowley wrote, "The blood is the life...any living thing is the storehouse of energy...at the death of the animal this energy is liberated suddenly. The animal should therefore be killed within the Circle, or Triangle, so that it's energy cannot escape...For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which the greatest and purest force. A male child of perfect innocence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim."

Read more....

Satanic Ritual Abuse: The Evidence Surfaces

Old 12-07-2009, 03:48 PM

1,468 posts, read 2,120,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You'll have to do better than that...Jail exists..Hell doesn't...Telling someone they are going to hell is an idle threat made to insult and make the issuer of the threat feel they are above, or better than the one threatened....
What evidence do you have that jail exists? For all you know, you are nothing but a brain in a vat and the computer screen in front of you, and your hand typing, are merely illusions.

I have never told you--or anyone--that they are "going to hell." Only God himself knows who is going to hell.

With that said, I believe everyone is entitled to one kind warning, including atheistic proselytizers like yourself.

There is far more to life than what you, or any of us, can see, touch, and hear.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
I have nothing to prove to someone who uses the kind of language you used in your original post to me; you are an individual who likes to play games.

There most certainly are different types of atheism. The atheism of Marx is quite different from the atheism of George Orwell which is likewise different from the atheism of Ayn Rand.

Crowley:

In his book, Magick in Theory and Practice, Crowley wrote, "The blood is the life...any living thing is the storehouse of energy...at the death of the animal this energy is liberated suddenly. The animal should therefore be killed within the Circle, or Triangle, so that it's energy cannot escape...For the highest spiritual working one must accordingly choose that victim which the greatest and purest force. A male child of perfect innocence is the most satisfactory and suitable victim."

Read more....

Satanic Ritual Abuse: The Evidence Surfaces
Firstly, I've read Crowley's book. Your site takes cherrypicked quotes and laces them together out of context. And then goes on to list serial killers as "satanists", and LEO reports under fire from the non-Abrahamics for being far from reality and unfoudned on anything approaching reality.

Secondly, however I reply to you is moot, besides the simple fact you deserve such. You make a claim, back it up.

Thirdly, you are attempting to claim there are recognized "types" of widely accepted and followed Atheism. Epic Fail.

So far nothing but fail to be exact. Where's your "Jungian gnosticism" and specific examples of sectarian Athiem promoting rape.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:40 PM

Quote:
What evidence do you have that jail exists? For all you know, you are nothing but a brain in a vat and the computer screen in front of you, and your hand typing, are merely illusions.

I have never told you--or anyone--that they are "going to hell." Only God himself knows who is going to hell.

With that said, I believe everyone is entitled to one kind warning, including atheistic proselytizers like yourself.

There is far more to life than what you, or any of us, can see, touch, and hear.
Wow, Isn't there a bottom to your Epic Fail? You just keep getting further into the Negative Credibility Hole.

"How do you know jail exists"? Because iron bars are very hard and razor wire is very sharp. Go mouth off at a cop, you'll find jail very real very soon.

Hell is an invention of the younger two Abhramics that is not contained within the doctrine of your parent religion, Judeism. It is a pure fear tactic meant to keep sheeple, your theopolitical religion's power base, in check, in line, and within the religion.

As Deities, heavens and Hells only effect those who worship within that religion, Hell is chocked full of Christians and no one else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality