U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Unread 12-09-2009, 03:39 PM

7,917 posts, read 10,537,203 times
jackmccullough wrote:
Quote:
This whole thread is a joke, right?
Unfortunately, the OP is meant to be taken seriously.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 12-09-2009, 11:06 PM

1,554 posts, read 749,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Oh, that's the only explanation? I can think a better one, weathering has shaped the surface of the earth as well as the constant pressures from the tektonic plates which has lifted large areas of land upwards.
The "weathering" and "the pressure by the tectonic plates which lifted large areas of land upwards" are true factors as at the start of the link: The Universe and the Quran 2 (http://www.quran-ayat.com/u/new_page_2.htm#Mountains - broken link)

But you see the mountains are not all like these lifted upward areas; notice that these mountains are as lumps or chunks separated by valleys.

The weathering may modify the shape of mountains; or some other geological processes may form new mountains like the CO2 dissolved in the rain water may dissolve the calcium carbonate included in some of the mountains, then the torrents will draft it to valleys and by time another mountain may be formed.

"This is according to the aya 35: 27
أَلَمْ تَرَ أَنَّ اللَّهَ أَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء فَأَخْرَجْنَا بِهِ ثَمَرَاتٍ مُّخْتَلِفًا أَلْوَانُهَا وَمِنَ الْجِبَالِ جُدَدٌ بِيضٌ وَحُمْرٌ مُّخْتَلِفٌ أَلْوَانُهَا وَغَرَابِيبُ سُودٌ

The explanation:
(Don't you [Mohammed] see how God sends down [rain] water from the sky, and We bring forth therewith produce of various colors,--and of mountains[, also He brings forth therewith,] newly-formed mountains: white and red, of various colors, --and black brands of coal.)

Therefore, (and of mountains) is related to (and We bring forth therewith produce).

The interpretation:
With the aid of rain water, We made new mountains. That is because the rain will solve the carbon dioxide gas present in the air, so that carbonic acid will be formed, which will solve some parts of the calcium-containing rocks present in the mountains, so it will go down to the low lands and seas, and will once again petrify, and as such will the process go on with the passing of time, until a new mountain will result.

>> (and black brands of coal.) means: With the aid of rain water We formed black brands of coal. He means: the brands of coal; for it petrifies with the aid of carbonic acid formed by the rain water. Actually, God be exalted said غَرابِيبُ i.e. (coals) or (brands of coal) in plural; because the brands of coal are four kinds."

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I can guarantee you that if you hurled something the size of Mount Everest towards the earth at say 20,000 miles an hour you wouldn't end up with a mountain, you'd end up with a giant crater.

This objection has been answered in the post #26 on page 3 of this thread, and I said:

So why do we see meteoritic rocks on the surface of the Earth every now and then; they should all evaporize as you say!?

This can't be if the falling object is tremendous like a mountain, and it may not vaporize.

Moreover, there may not be any strike of such violence: this depends on many factors:

In case the Earth and the meteorite were moving in the same direction and about the same speed.
In addition the angle of falling is important, if that is tangential or vertical.
Moreover, the crust of the Earth might not be that rigid at that particular period, and will absorb the falling effect.

Unread 12-10-2009, 12:23 AM

13,859 posts, read 11,868,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackmccullough View Post
This whole thread is a joke, right?
I think it's possibly a promotional tool for

The Universe and the Quran 2 (http://www.quran-ayat.com/u/new_page_2.htm - broken link)

Or some kind of religion-spam. There doesn't seem to really be much of a conversation in this thread. It's mostly just

"It's in the Qur'an, check this website"
"But science seems to say X?
"You misunderstand so read the Qur'an and check this website"
"I'm not Muslim, do you have some other support?"
"The Qur'an should be enough evidence for anyone. Didn't you check the website?"
"I'm not Muslim and this part makes no sense to me."

Maybe if you just say "I'll read the Qur'an and that website", than never respond again, that will be sufficient. (Even if you have no real intention of reading the Qur'an or the website)

Unread 12-10-2009, 12:56 AM

quoting M420 "Science and Religion"

God - be glorifide - said in the Quran 13: 17 about the true religion that will last and the falsehood which will disappear:

أَنزَلَ مِنَ السَّمَاء مَاء فَسَالَتْ أَوْدِيَةٌ بِقَدَرِهَا فَاحْتَمَلَ السَّيْلُ زَبَدًا رَّابِيًا وَمِمَّا يُوقِدُونَ عَلَيْهِ فِي النَّارِ ابْتِغَاء حِلْيَةٍ أَوْ مَتَاعٍ زَبَدٌ مِّثْلُهُ كَذَلِكَ يَضْرِبُ اللّهُ الْحَقَّ وَالْبَاطِلَ فَأَمَّا الزَّبَدُ فَيَذْهَبُ جُفَاء وَأَمَّا مَا يَنفَعُ النَّاسَ فَيَمْكُثُ فِي الأَرْضِ كَذَلِكَ يَضْرِبُ اللّهُ الأَمْثَالَ

The explanation:
(He sends down from the sky water, so that the valleys flow [with water] according to their measure,

so the torrent drifts [with it] multiplying "zabad" [: drifted substances],

and [it drifts also] some of what they heat with fire seeking the ornament or [for their] use that being "zabad" [: drifted substances] like it .

As such God gives the parable for the true and the false:

As for the "zabad" [the false doctrines of the atheism and idolatry]; it will go away, whereas that [God's religion: the Islam] which benefits people: it will remain on earth. As such God gives parables. )

Unread 12-10-2009, 01:00 AM

11,806 posts, read 12,528,429 times
eanassir: The fact that you continue to quote the Qu'ran using the Arabic script adds nothing to its credibility (or yours). Enouhg with the Qu'ran quoting, as if all the answers to a rational person's question were to be found therein. For believers only! The only people who are impressed are your fellow Muslims.

Unread 12-10-2009, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas R. View Post
I think it's possibly a promotional tool for

The Universe and the Quran 2 (http://www.quran-ayat.com/u/new_page_2.htm - broken link)

Or some kind of religion-spam. There doesn't seem to really be much of a conversation in this thread. It's mostly just

"But science seems to say X?
"You misunderstand so read the Qur'an and check this website"
"I'm not Muslim, do you have some other support?"
"The Qur'an should be enough evidence for anyone. Didn't you check the website?"
"I'm not Muslim and this part makes no sense to me."

Maybe if you just say "I'll read the Qur'an and that website", than never respond again, that will be sufficient. (Even if you have no real intention of reading the Qur'an or the website)
Your rancor against the Quran will not impede others from studying it and its interpretation.
باللغة العربية

And I think you belong to some Islamic and Arabic countries (almost from Iraq), and you are not a Muslim; it may be you are a communist or not, but certainly you are an atheist, and your rancor against the Quran is so obvious; because in stead of such words that you wrote, why didn't you discuss the subject in a scientific way as do you claim?

Unread 12-10-2009, 01:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
eanassir: The fact that you continue to quote the Qu'ran using the Arabic script adds nothing to its credibility (or yours). Enouhg with the Qu'ran quoting, as if all the answers to a rational person's question were to be found therein. For believers only! The only people who are impressed are your fellow Muslims.

catman, the idea that most of the mountains are not from Earth in orgin, and they fell on it from the space; the geologists and scientists have no such idea although it is cited in the Glorious Quran in many ayat.

Geologists have no such idea, therefore it is not seen in their classification of mountains, and they try to explain it in other ways.

And in a previous post I gave many links to some images of mountains that cannot be attributed to any geological factors.

See these pictures:
http://arabic.cri.cn/learnchinese/lesson20/img/1.jpg

http://www.free-slideshow.com/screen...in-summits.jpg
<free-slideshow.com/screens/alluring_mountains/mountain-summits.jpg>

http://www.kidport.com/Reflib/WorldG.../Mountains.JPG (broken link)
<kidport.com/Reflib/WorldGeography/Italy/Images/Mountains.JPG>

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ach...0mountains.jpg
<voices.washingtonpost.com/achenblog/wind%20river%20mountains.jpg>

Last edited by eanassir; 12-10-2009 at 02:21 AM..

Unread 12-10-2009, 01:36 AM

7,075 posts, read 8,836,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
The only people who are impressed are your fellow Muslims.
just the ignorant or stupid ones..........

Unread 12-10-2009, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
just the ignorant or stupid ones..........

I can answer you with such similar words, but I will not do so.

Do you think by such words you will cheat and prevent others from studying the topic as I wrote in this thread, and more details in the link:

The Universe and the Quran 2 (http://www.quran-ayat.com/u/new_page_2.htm#Mountains - broken link)

Unread 12-10-2009, 02:13 AM

7,075 posts, read 8,836,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
Do you think by such words you will cheat and prevent others from studying the topic as I wrote in this thread,
why would anyone "study" such stupidity? People capable of studying already know you have no intellectual integrity,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality