Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2015, 06:32 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,216,093 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise looking View Post
Muslims believe that Jesus and Muhammad were both prophets and messengers of Allah. Peace be upon both of them. Muslims will not belittle any of God's prophets or reject their message. The Qur'an tells us to declare our faith in all of the prophets including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus, and that we should make no distinction among them (see Qur'an 2:136; 3:84; 2:285). This means that since each of them preached the true message of God, it would be wrong to say we believe in some but not in others.

The prophets themselves were humble servants of God. They did not try to prove themselves superior to others. It would be wrong for their followers to argue over who is superior. Once a Muslim and a Jew were arguing. The Muslim said that Muhammad is superior over all the people. The Jew said that Moses is superior over all the people. When this was related to the prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, he said:
Do not give me superiority over Moses (This is recorded in Sahih al-Bukhari, vol.4, p.410, Arabic- English edition).
He also said "None should say that I am better than Jonah, son of Matta" (ibid, p.413).
He also instructed,"Do not give superiority to any prophet among Allah's prophets" (ibid, p.414).

Once the prophet was asked, "Who is the most honorable among the people?" He replied, "The most God-fearing". When he was asked to name a specific individual, he replied:
The most honorable person is Joseph (i.e. the son of Jacob) (ibid, p.390).

This humility was shared by other prophets too. The prophet Jesus, on whom be peace, is reported to have said:
I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11).

But John the Baptist was also humble. He did not claim that greatness for himself. He spoke of a greater one who was to come after him. He is quoted as saying:
After me will come one more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie (Mark 1:7).

When God sent the angel Gabriel to take the prophet Muhammad to the Aqsa Mosque one night, the prophet, on whom be peace, led the prayers there, and the other prophets followed his lead. He also related the truth that on the Day of Judgement he will lead the banner of Praise under which will be all the other prophets. But the prophet Muhammad did not boast about this. He instructed Muslims that they should not praise him as the people praised Jesus, son of Mary. He said:
Call me a slave of Allah and His Messenger (Bukhari, vol.4, p.435).

What is important is not to try and prove one prophet superior over another, but to believe in both of them. The prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, said:
If a man believes in Jesus and then believes in me, he will get a double reward (ibid. p.435).
Prove either is true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2015, 08:49 AM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalAngel2009 View Post
Padgett didn't do the writing. He was the recorder. As an example in the legal world, during a trial there is usually a court reporter present who transcribes the words that are spoken by the attorney and witnesses and thereafter, those words are compiled into a transcript. Padgett, who was also an attorney, concluded after years of receiving the messages and praying for and receiving God's Divine Love, that they were, indeed, evidence of higher spiritual truths.

Prior to the revelation that he was a medium, Padgett was a Methodist Sunday School teacher and believed that Jesus was God. It took Padgett awhile before he accepted Jesus' writings that he is not God, his death on the cross has nothing to do with forgiveness of our sins, there are errors in the Bible, hell is not eternal, there is no devil or satan in hell... and much more.
Just like I suspect, because Padgett said so. Are you aware that David Koresh disputed what Padgett wrote? What evidence do you have that Padgett was indeed a medium and was in communication with God, Jesus, or whomever? Because he said so?

Old 10-09-2015, 09:21 AM

2,066 posts, read 2,161,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Just like I suspect, because Padgett said so. Are you aware that David Koresh disputed what Padgett wrote? What evidence do you have that Padgett was indeed a medium and was in communication with God, Jesus, or whomever? Because he said so?
I have no knowledge of what Koresh's beliefs were.

This website has a few samples of the automatic writing messages James Padgett received... the majority of messages were from his wife, Helen. I have several original messages in pdf format, if you or anybody else wants to have a look, send me a PM.

The Padgett Messages | Spirit Messages from Jesus and other Celestials

Other messages received were from his parents, grandmother, relatives, law partners, well-known religious and political figures, etc. People may learn more about James E. Padgett by watching the video, which was created by another attorney who was also searching for evidence of the authenticity of the messages.

There are four volumes of transcribed messages in True Gospel Revealed Anew by Jesus, first published in 1941. The Truth for all People website's main focus is sharing the highest truths contained in volumes one and two.

Old 10-09-2015, 01:34 PM

22,161 posts, read 19,213,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
What evidence do you have that Padgett was indeed a medium and was in communication with God, Jesus, or whomever? Because he said so?
the content of the messages
it's not just "who" is speaking; but "what" they are saying
we have within us the perception to recognize truth, and that which is not, if we cultivate and refine that radar within ourselves

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 10-09-2015 at 02:50 PM..

Old 10-27-2015, 08:28 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,471,169 times
Quote:
Because Jesus wrote this several times.
I have never heard or read that Jesus wrote anything.

Old 10-28-2015, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangelag View Post
I have never heard or read that Jesus wrote anything.
Jesus channeled messages by way of automatic writing from 1914 through 1920. The reason why... he wants everybody to know the truth. So for all you truth seekers out there, his messages are profound, powerful and fantastic. If you haven't read them yet, here's a sample.

Truth for all people - There is none to gainsay or prevent what I do or determine to do

Old 10-28-2015, 07:14 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Jesus channeled messages by way of automatic writing from 1914 through 1920. The reason why... he wants everybody to know the truth. So for all you truth seekers out there, his messages are profound, powerful and fantastic. If you haven't read them yet, here's a sample.

Truth for all people - There is none to gainsay or prevent what I do or determine to do
It's true because you found it on the Internet, right?

Old 10-28-2015, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
It's true because you found it on the Internet, right?
Good try. Was there an internet in 1975? Hmmm... no.

The first volume of messages was published by L.R. Stone in 1941... The True Gospel Revealed Again From Jesus through James E. Padgett.

When I was in Washington, DC last year, I spent a bit of time at the Library of Congress obtaining a library card, so I could get a look at the book.

https://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/search...nt=25&sk=en_US

It was the sweetest thing to see with a cloth ribbon wrapped around it with a bow... just like it was a present. I cried... because it is a present from God. His gift to us by way of Jesus and so many awesome Celestial Spirits who took the time to write their testimonies. I realize people may pooh-pooh this as nonsense, but it isn't. It's a blessing from God.

As I posted many times, I wasn't looking for religion when this was introduced to me. I could have cared less. Actually, at that point, I was a lifelong bookworm and was always reading something or other. It took two years for my willingness to open the book and read it. And it was like WOW! The truth set me free and I'm forever grateful and humble. In the last six years I've had three visits from Jesus and he Rocks!

Old 10-28-2015, 09:22 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
Quote:
Good try. Was there an internet in 1975? Hmmm... no.

The first volume of messages was published by L.R. Stone in 1941... The True Gospel Revealed Again From Jesus through James E. Padgett.

When I was in Washington, DC last year, I spent a bit of time at the Library of Congress obtaining a library card, so I could get a look at the book.

https://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/search...nt=25&sk=en_US

It was the sweetest thing to see with a cloth ribbon wrapped around it with a bow... just like it was a present. I cried... because it is a present from God. His gift to us by way of Jesus and so many awesome Celestial Spirits who took the time to write their testimonies. I realize people may pooh-pooh this as nonsense, but it isn't. It's a blessing from God.

As I posted many times, I wasn't looking for religion when this was introduced to me. I could have cared less. Actually, at that point, I was a lifelong bookworm and was always reading something or other. It took two years for my willingness to open the book and read it. And it was like WOW! The truth set me free and I'm forever grateful and humble. In the last six years I've had three visits from Jesus and he Rocks!
Famous Commercial Redux--"This Is Your Brain On Christianity"

Old 10-28-2015, 02:05 PM

One thing I learned... all roads will lead back to God, our Creator and Heavenly Father. Some of us choose to get on the road while we're still alive... my road is the Divine Love Highway, where the road leads to where Jesus lives. Others may wait until they're in the next world to get with the program; however, they may be too late for the road to the Celestial Heavens, so their path will lead them to the natural love Heavens. God is patient.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality