Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 12:58 PM

10 posts, read 25,483 times

Advertisements

Muslims believe that Jesus and Muhammad were both prophets and messengers of Allah. Peace be upon both of them. Muslims will not belittle any of God's prophets or reject their message. The Qur'an tells us to declare our faith in all of the prophets including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus, and that we should make no distinction among them (see Qur'an 2:136; 3:84; 2:285). This means that since each of them preached the true message of God, it would be wrong to say we believe in some but not in others.

The prophets themselves were humble servants of God. They did not try to prove themselves superior to others. It would be wrong for their followers to argue over who is superior. Once a Muslim and a Jew were arguing. The Muslim said that Muhammad is superior over all the people. The Jew said that Moses is superior over all the people. When this was related to the prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, he said:
Do not give me superiority over Moses (This is recorded in Sahih al-Bukhari, vol.4, p.410, Arabic- English edition).
He also said "None should say that I am better than Jonah, son of Matta" (ibid, p.413).
He also instructed,"Do not give superiority to any prophet among Allah's prophets" (ibid, p.414).

Once the prophet was asked, "Who is the most honorable among the people?" He replied, "The most God-fearing". When he was asked to name a specific individual, he replied:
The most honorable person is Joseph (i.e. the son of Jacob) (ibid, p.390).

This humility was shared by other prophets too. The prophet Jesus, on whom be peace, is reported to have said:
I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11).

But John the Baptist was also humble. He did not claim that greatness for himself. He spoke of a greater one who was to come after him. He is quoted as saying:
After me will come one more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie (Mark 1:7).

When God sent the angel Gabriel to take the prophet Muhammad to the Aqsa Mosque one night, the prophet, on whom be peace, led the prayers there, and the other prophets followed his lead. He also related the truth that on the Day of Judgement he will lead the banner of Praise under which will be all the other prophets. But the prophet Muhammad did not boast about this. He instructed Muslims that they should not praise him as the people praised Jesus, son of Mary. He said:
Call me a slave of Allah and His Messenger (Bukhari, vol.4, p.435).

What is important is not to try and prove one prophet superior over another, but to believe in both of them. The prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, said:
If a man believes in Jesus and then believes in me, he will get a double reward (ibid. p.435).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2009, 01:05 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
First of all Esa and Jesus are not the same. Second no one is trying to prove anything but state the gospel as the truth, if you take that as being intolerant of one another, then I don't know what to say.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:12 PM

4,082 posts, read 5,040,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
First of all Esa and Jesus are not the same. Second no one is trying to prove anything but state the gospel as the truth, if you take that as being intolerant of one another, then I don't know what to say.

Isa is the Arabic name for Jesus. The prophets are called by arabic names in the quran.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:25 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,560,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post
Isa is the Arabic name for Jesus. The prophets are called by arabic names in the quran.
Yes I know but if you study the prophet Isa in the Koran you will notice they are not the same phenetically

Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paradise looking View Post
Muslims believe that Jesus and Muhammad were both prophets and messengers of Allah. Peace be upon both of them. Muslims will not belittle any of God's prophets or reject their message. The Qur'an tells us to declare our faith in all of the prophets including Abraham, Moses, and Jesus, and that we should make no distinction among them (see Qur'an 2:136; 3:84; 2:285). This means that since each of them preached the true message of God, it would be wrong to say we believe in some but not in others.

The prophets themselves were humble servants of God. They did not try to prove themselves superior to others. It would be wrong for their followers to argue over who is superior. Once a Muslim and a Jew were arguing. The Muslim said that Muhammad is superior over all the people. The Jew said that Moses is superior over all the people. When this was related to the prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, he said:
Do not give me superiority over Moses (This is recorded in Sahih al-Bukhari, vol.4, p.410, Arabic- English edition).
He also said "None should say that I am better than Jonah, son of Matta" (ibid, p.413).
He also instructed,"Do not give superiority to any prophet among Allah's prophets" (ibid, p.414).

Once the prophet was asked, "Who is the most honorable among the people?" He replied, "The most God-fearing". When he was asked to name a specific individual, he replied:
The most honorable person is Joseph (i.e. the son of Jacob) (ibid, p.390).

This humility was shared by other prophets too. The prophet Jesus, on whom be peace, is reported to have said:
I tell you the truth: Among those born of women there has not risen anyone greater than John the Baptist (Matthew 11:11).

But John the Baptist was also humble. He did not claim that greatness for himself. He spoke of a greater one who was to come after him. He is quoted as saying:
After me will come one more powerful than I, the thongs of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie (Mark 1:7).

When God sent the angel Gabriel to take the prophet Muhammad to the Aqsa Mosque one night, the prophet, on whom be peace, led the prayers there, and the other prophets followed his lead. He also related the truth that on the Day of Judgement he will lead the banner of Praise under which will be all the other prophets. But the prophet Muhammad did not boast about this. He instructed Muslims that they should not praise him as the people praised Jesus, son of Mary. He said:
Call me a slave of Allah and His Messenger (Bukhari, vol.4, p.435).

What is important is not to try and prove one prophet superior over another, but to believe in both of them. The prophet Muhammad, on whom be peace, said:
If a man believes in Jesus and then believes in me, he will get a double reward (ibid. p.435).
As a matter of fact there's a good chance Hey Zeus never lived at all. The only Jesus of Nazareth they have been able to locate in that area was a family man. When there was no record of him other than that given by his own clan who never wrote a word till about forty years after he allegedly lived who can really say whether he actually lived or not?

Notable: He didn't come from the womb of a virgin. He didn't walk on water and he surely didn't rise from the dead. Moderator cut: Deleted due to content.

Last edited by june 7th; 12-04-2009 at 02:05 PM..

Old 12-04-2009, 04:34 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
As a matter of fact there's a good chance Hey Zeus never lived at all. The only Jesus of Nazareth they have been able to locate in that area was a family man. When there was no record of him other than that given by his own clan who never wrote a word till about forty years after he allegedly lived who can really say whether he actually lived or not?
It is astounding that people are not embarrassed to put forth this lame argument that Jesus did not exist. 2000+ years of fraud has to be some unbelievable Guinness record!!
Give us a break . . . Melvin . . sheesh!

Old 12-04-2009, 04:39 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzymom View Post

The name of a person should not be translated.

if your name is Jazzymom then you must be called Jazzymom in any langauge.

the names of the prophets that are in the Quran are the correct names because the quran was not translated from another langauge

the real name for Jesus is esa
and the real name for Eve is Hawwa (Hawwa mean life and Eve also mean life and it seems that the translator of the Bible used the meaning of her name and not her actual name as they did with Muhammadim and they translated to altogether lovely)

and the name of God is Allah.

Old 12-04-2009, 05:00 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is astounding that people are not embarrassed to put forth this lame argument that Jesus did not exist. 2000+ years of fraud has to be some unbelievable Guinness record!!
Fail.

You obviously chose not to comprehend what Melvin wrote. He didn't say that the man you call Jesus didn't exist. He said "who can really say whether he actually lived or not".

That's a far cry from saying "Your Jesus never existed".

Old 12-04-2009, 05:27 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,249,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
The name of a person should not be translated.

if your name is Jazzymom then you must be called Jazzymom in any langauge.

the names of the prophets that are in the Quran are the correct names because the quran was not translated from another langauge

the real name for Jesus is esa
and the real name for Eve is Hawwa (Hawwa mean life and Eve also mean life and it seems that the translator of the Bible used the meaning of her name and not her actual name as they did with Muhammadim and they translated to altogether lovely)

and the name of God is Allah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cur_6aYs_7k

Old 12-04-2009, 05:56 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

That's it? Your defense relies entirely on the ad populm fallacy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality