Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 07:10 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,015,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I see plenty of evidence.
What evidence do you see? Evidence constitutes as that which has been verified through the scientific method.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 07:45 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
But, but, the question is "The origin of morals/values". Are you saying that every living thing has a soul the size of an atom, and is endowed with morals and values? I must say that I admire your imagination.
no never said that and i wasnt speaking of the OP-you should read the posts more carefully-yes every living thing is a soul as i said-and not every living thing has the right consioussness for morals and values which i didnt say but hey i thought you might have figured at least that out.

the soul is the life force itself it is an eternal spiritual energy all of life consists of materiel(inferior)energy and spiritual(superior)energy-so the souls themselves are the life behind the matter and are all made of the same energy-but depending on what body they are in- depends on what intellegence and consioussness they are conditioned to.

the soul is small enough to fit inside any body-and it spreads out throughout the body as consioussness-and inside that tiny particle-God Himself exist's as the supersoul(Paramatma)this feature or aspect of God exist's not only in the hearts of every living entity but also inside the atom-He is the smallest thing in the universe in this aspect and also the biggest in His Maha-Vishnu form,where he literally breath's out innummerable universes that are only tiny particles to Him-he then further expands Himself into His Vishnu-Tattva form's into each and every universe-this God is above all mate their is nothing higher -nothing.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:52 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What evidence do you see? Evidence constitutes as that which has been verified through the scientific method.
dont forget scientist's only discovers what has already been created-newton only discovered gravity,he didnt create it
einstein discovered the law of relativity,he didnt create it...and so on....modern day science is sooo limited when you think that all the thing's it cant do.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:06 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
If someone requires the influence of some imaginary deity to be 'good' then there are no qualities that person has that is of any interest to me, and should serve as a warning that they should not be trusted, respected, or even tolerated.

There are in essence, hollow man, devoid of any qualities that warrant anything but to dismiss them as a lower life form.
That's very much my own sentiment. If someone doesn't have their own capacity to be "good", they they have lost the essence that makes them human. There has to be some kind of individual choice for there to be good and bad actions/decisions. Otherwise, we would only be robots.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:16 PM

2,008 posts, read 3,327,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
dont forget scientist's only discovers what has already been created-newton only discovered gravity,he didnt create it
einstein discovered the law of relativity,he didnt create it...and so on....modern day science is sooo limited when you think that all the thing's it cant do.
This also doesn't mean that gravity or relativity were created. These names are simply labels, the ways we have quantified the phenomena. They are the manifestation of our perception of them. Science isn't meant to "do". Science is meant made to explain. In science, evidence is formed to fit facts, not vice versa.

Old 04-14-2010, 08:17 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
Don't you forget that man created every god that is or ever was, so since all gods are imaginary, they created nothing, not even our morals.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:40 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
Why do you get to set parameters on my evidence?

Old 04-15-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
don't you forget that man created every god that is or ever was, so since all gods are imaginary, they created nothing, not even our morals.
iyo

Old 04-15-2010, 11:44 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,932,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why do you get to set parameters on my evidence?

That's how we know the difference between evidence, conjecture, and belief.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
That's how we know the difference between evidence, conjecture, and belief.
I see plenty of evidence outside of those parameters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality