Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 11:29 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
That's not saying much. I guess I should get out there and do some random loving of my own, huh?
That would be the agape kind, sanspeur . . . not the lustful kind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2010, 11:32 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
So you are one of those moral relativist I keep reading about. You accept the Bible except for the parts you don't like. Cool, I just reject the whole thing, it is far more efficient and far less hypocritical.

You should educate yourself on Christianity before arguing it's fundamentals.

Do you know any Christian denomination that follows the OT Jewish laws? There's a scriptural reason behind that.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
What's interesting is that people like jimmiej or chrisishere will claim that you need a belief in god to have an objective standard of right and wrong, yet they ignore the multitude of other god belief based ideologies. Case in point, islamic fundamentalism. It's rather hypocrital for them to say things like suicide bombers and jihad are wrong, when in fact they are based on god based ideologies.
I never said that! Stop putting words in my mouth!!!

I said just the opposite! A basic understanding of good/evil was programmed into us by our Creator.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:38 AM

Quote:
That's it? As long as you do those two things you can do anything you want?
If you love God & love others, why would you want to do anything displeasing to God? Here's an example. My wife & I set aside one day a week for worship & rest. No work, no shopping, etc. We do it not because we're required to, but because we love & serve God.

Old 04-14-2010, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Correctly understood and implemented they cover quite a bit more ground than the famous Ten.
Mystic, I'd like to rep you, but it won't allow me. Well said!

Old 04-14-2010, 11:48 AM

33,539 posts, read 37,140,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
I never said that! Stop putting words in my mouth!!!

I said just the opposite! A basic understanding of good/evil was programmed into us by our Creator.
Balderdash! If that was so the prisons wouldn't be chock full of believers, and Christians wouldn't be more violent than non believers. I'm afraid your "creator" let you all down.

In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy and abortion.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:01 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:

You should educate yourself on Christianity before arguing it's fundamentals.
Yes, Christian get out of an argument #3 You Should Educate Yourself on Bible/Christianity etc...

Quote:
Do you know any Christian denomination that follows the OT Jewish laws?
That my friend is precisely my point.

Quote:
There's a scriptural reason behind that.
Please feel free to illuminate me.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Yes, Christian get out of an argument #3 You Should Educate Yourself on Bible/Christianity etc...

That my friend is precisely my point.

Please feel free to illuminate me.
Romans 7

5 For when we were controlled by the sinful nature, the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in our bodies, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Balderdash! If that was so the prisons wouldn't be chock full of believers, and Christians wouldn't be more violent than non believers. I'm afraid your "creator" let you all down.

In general, higher rates of belief in and worship of a creator correlate with higher rates of homicide, juvenile and early adult mortality, STD infection rates, teen pregnancy and abortion.
Even those who do evil understand the concept of good/evil.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:37 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,838 times
Quote:
Even those who do evil understand the concept of good/evil.
Sociopaths argue otherwise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality