U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 04:39 PM

179 posts, read 259,566 times

Advertisements

Why do people say "The jews killed jesus"? I never agreed with people who say this. As it is my understanding that it was romans. Unlike my other thread "why do people say that 'jews don't belive in god?'" I feel that this statement (the one about "The jews killed jesus" NOT the one about "Jews don't belive in god") is not only common to where I live but perhaps common to MOST of the united states if not the (christian) world. I also want to make it very clear that I DO NOT AGREE WITH EITHER STATEMENT ( "the Jews killed jesus" or "jews don't belive in god") also I hope that unlike my afore mentioned other thread that this time I've made my question clear as I have admitted that the question in my afore mentioned other thread was indeed poorly written.

Old 12-10-2009, 05:53 PM

7,916 posts, read 16,406,197 times
I sort of understand your question and I do agree with you that if Jesus did in fact exist it's probably likely that the Romans killed him as they did to thousands of others. I'm not religious so this question is probably not one I should try to answer. But from what I can gather on the subject it seems that the fellow Jews of Jesus betrayed him or at least that's the story that's been presented to us in the Bible.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,718,544 times
The Catholic Catechism contained that statement. It was changed in 1967....I think that's the date.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:16 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,094,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PersonaFan View Post
Why do people say "The jews killed jesus"? I never agreed with people who say this. As it is my understanding that it was romans. Unlike my other thread "why do people say that 'jews don't belive in god?'" I feel that this statement (the one about "The jews killed jesus" NOT the one about "Jews don't belive in god") is not only common to where I live but perhaps common to MOST of the united states if not the (christian) world. I also want to make it very clear that I DO NOT AGREE WITH EITHER STATEMENT ( "the Jews killed jesus" or "jews don't belive in god") also I hope that unlike my afore mentioned other thread that this time I've made my question clear as I have admitted that the question in my afore mentioned other thread was indeed poorly written.
People say the Jews "killed Jesus" because when Pilate asked the crowd what he should do the crowd yelled "crucify him!" The crowd wasn't made up of Romans, the crowd was made up of Jews. Pilate believed himself to be absolved of any responsibility and commanded the Roman soldiers to give the people what they wanted.

Hope this clears it up for you

Also, I'm fairly certain most reasonable people understand that OF COURSE Jews believe in God.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:35 PM

40,057 posts, read 29,731,202 times
Quote:
Why do people say "The jews killed jesus"? I never agreed with people who say this.
Awww...it's so comforting to know that you don't agree with it. Your earlier thread asked why people say that Jews don't believe in God. Now it's killing Jesus. So this is my question to you: is there a reason why you feel this need to instigate? (And it hardly needs saying, but I'm absolutely frightened to learn what your next question along these lines is going to be).

Old 12-10-2009, 06:42 PM

3,196 posts, read 4,718,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Awww...it's so comforting to know that you don't agree with it. Your earlier thread asked why people say that Jews don't believe in God. Now it's killing Jesus. So this is my question to you: is there a reason why you feel this need to instigate? (And it hardly needs saying, but I'm absolutely frightened to learn what your next question along these lines is going to be).
I don't think he is "insigating." I think he is asking. If he "instigates," the forum police will shut down the thread.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcashley View Post
I don't think he is "insigating." I think he is asking. If he "instigates," the forum police will shut down the thread.
hmm, for once here's one I really don't know how to answer, please clarify. as for referring to the "forum police" isn't that against TOS??

Old 12-10-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
hmm, for once here's one I really don't know how to answer, please clarify. as for referring to the "forum police" isn't that against TOS??

Personally, I took it as a real question and answered you.

Unless you really ARE trying to instigate something, which would of course attract a mod's attention.

You asked the question, it was answered - end of story

Old 12-10-2009, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Personally, I took it as a real question and answered you.

Unless you really ARE trying to intigate something, which would of course attract a mod's attention.

You asked the question, it was answered - end of story
ok thanks for clarifying (I think) if I had gotten what you said in the first place I would not have asked. Also if you call that an answer to my query then I suggest you scroll back to the top and reread it. Thank You anyway

Old 12-10-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
ok thanks for clarifying (I think) if I had gotten what you said in the first place I would not have asked. Also if you call that an answer to my query then I suggest you scroll back to the top and reread it. Thank You anyway
You asked "why do people say the Jews killed Jesus". I told you why. What do you think I need to reread???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or