Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 02:26 PM

548 posts, read 2,647,963 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious as to what others think. there are a few threads started by atheists, and then the vast majority of the others seem to be Christian threads. Why are there not Jews or Muslims or others starting threads? I know there are more Christians in this country than others, but still...it seems odd to me. Is it b/c Christians just like to talk about their religion more? Or is there some other reason?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 02:38 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaimounaKande View Post
I'm just curious as to what others think. there are a few threads started by atheists, and then the vast majority of the others seem to be Christian threads. Why are there not Jews or Muslims or others starting threads? I know there are more Christians in this country than others, but still...it seems odd to me. Is it b/c Christians just like to talk about their religion more? Or is there some other reason?
no there are just more Christians

Old 05-18-2007, 02:40 PM

I don't know if that's the only reason. If that were true, there would still be a proportionately larger number of threads started by those of other religions than there are. Is it b/c Christians like to convert more than others? "Spread the word" more than others? Commisserate more than others?

Old 05-18-2007, 02:41 PM

238 posts, read 624,423 times
Ummm, Just did a quick count. Discounting the "sticky," I counted 12 out of the 30 posts on the first page were started by professing Christians (AFAIK). (And I took a very broad view of professing Christian.) The others were agnostic/atheist (AFAIK.)

Old 05-18-2007, 02:43 PM

Right. Hence my comment in the opening post acknowledging atheists (and I should have added agnostics). I'm talking about other major world religions--Islam, Judaism, etc...perhaps they just go about their business a bit more quietly than Christians

Old 05-18-2007, 02:47 PM

238 posts, read 624,423 times
Quote:
Right. Hence my comment in the opening post acknowledging atheists (and I should have added agnostics). I'm talking about other major world religions--Islam, Judaism, etc...perhaps they just go about their business a bit more quietly than Christians
And following your line of reasoning, perhaps we go about our business more quietly than atheists/agnostics. Quite frankly, does it matter? Certainly doesn't to me. I was just a bit confused by your heading.

Old 05-18-2007, 02:47 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,553 times
Quote:
I don't know if that's the only reason. If that were true, there would still be a proportionately larger number of threads started by those of other religions than there are. Is it b/c Christians like to convert more than others? "Spread the word" more than others? Commisserate more than others?
I don't know really
I know we are all very proud of our religion
not to say others aren't as well

I guess if they weren't there would not be this Jihad going on
Some show there love of religion through words others by other means
I have spoken to many different people on here
and become friends with alot of them
I now have through this forum
A Wiccan
A reform Jew
Several atheists
many non denominationals
some baptist
Catholics
Mormons and a couple other that I can now call my friends

I guess we really just like to talk

Old 05-18-2007, 03:11 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,143,085 times
Well there are no Muslims on this forum that I know of (at least none in this forum) and only one Jew that I know of. I think it's more a matter of numbers. The atheists certainly have a voice on this thread but it's just a fact that the number of Christians outways the rest. It has nothing to do with "converting" it has to do with sharing opinions.

Last edited by dreameyes; 05-18-2007 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: Speloling...LOL

Old 05-18-2007, 03:25 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,383,749 times
Quote:
Maybe they aren't members or maybe they don't know about this part of City Data, everyone is welcome to voice their opinion here.

Old 05-18-2007, 03:35 PM

279 posts, read 1,348,125 times
Maybe there a lot of people on here who just aren't disclosing their religions. I know I haven't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality