Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 01:21 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,866,480 times

Advertisements

I say take your medicine
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2008, 01:26 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by lisak64
Quote:
I say take your medicine
Only if you drink your special water (or whatever else it might be) first.
And don't forget to pay for it.
Since only money makes the world go around and not love, right?

LoL lisak if your post is not a reaction to post #30, I apologize.
Just disregard this post if that is the case.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:19 AM

22 posts, read 170,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
This is going to sound sarcastic or negative but I don`t mean it to be. I`m truly interested in your thoughts. So please don`t get upset or hurt.I`m just asking. Here goes.....I know there are some on here that think they are wonderful christians filled with God`s Holy Spirit. I`ve read post where people have said the Holy Spirit told them this or told them that. They have stated that they have the truth and they know it because they have the Spirit within them. So,having said that and if you believe you have sooo much faith,why don`t you go around healing people like the apostles did? If you believe that Jesus truly meant that all any believer needed was just faith the size of a mustard seed to move a mountain and none is able to do it,then what does that say about your faith? Why can`t these people of great faith raise the dead? Why can`t limbs be restored. Why don`t we see people who have lost legs or arms have them grown back on in front of our eyes if all you truly need is very little faith? I`m just asking. People believe they have great faith and Jesus said all you need is very little to do the mightiest things. So why do we not see the normal christian who says he has great faith doing these things?
Excellent question. I think that myself when I see a church of 20 poeple that say they believe and practice that belief, yet ten years later, now they are a church of 25.

Myself, without sounding like I need a straight jacket, believe the Lord has given me power, a gift actually to heal the sick. Why haven't I done it then? Shoot, I have been too busy smoking weed, chasing women and living in "sin".

BUT, the good news is I am starting to stand back up, and if/when I do, watch out world, because Jesus is here to heal ya! All he needs is people of Faith to be used as vessels to carry it out. At least that is what the Bible says anyways.

As for those who are practicng Christians (for lack of a better word), it really comes down to Faith. How ironic. There is so much doubt out there, so much spiritism, occults, demon worship, witches and warlocks out there, that the name of Jesus, whom every knee shall bow and every tongue confess the Jesus Christ is Lord, is the most hated a despised name in the spirit world.

If you don't believe in the spirit world, then you have no idea what I am saying. For those of you who do, you know what I am talking about. Hope this helps.

Old 01-19-2008, 07:59 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,886,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spm62 View Post
This is going to sound sarcastic or negative but I don`t mean it to be. I`m truly interested in your thoughts. So please don`t get upset or hurt.I`m just asking. Here goes.....I know there are some on here that think they are wonderful christians filled with God`s Holy Spirit. I`ve read post where people have said the Holy Spirit told them this or told them that. They have stated that they have the truth and they know it because they have the Spirit within them. So,having said that and if you believe you have sooo much faith,why don`t you go around healing people like the apostles did? If you believe that Jesus truly meant that all any believer needed was just faith the size of a mustard seed to move a mountain and none is able to do it,then what does that say about your faith? Why can`t these people of great faith raise the dead? Why can`t limbs be restored. Why don`t we see people who have lost legs or arms have them grown back on in front of our eyes if all you truly need is very little faith? I`m just asking. People believe they have great faith and Jesus said all you need is very little to do the mightiest things. So why do we not see the normal christian who says he has great faith doing these things?
You might want to get out a little more.

There are folks who pray for much of these things regularly. And many times God does heal the sick.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,338,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I realize this is a controversial subject even in religion but I'm wondering what you think about faith healing. There are some who are obvious frauds and have been exposed as such but there's still alot of this going on at religious gatherings in various places. As an atheist of course I don't believe it at all but it brings up an interesting question for religious people. Jesus is said to have healed people and even raised someone from the dead but of course he is recognized as the son of God by Christians. It would be a completely different situation if an ordinary human being were able to cure someone of an illness. What do you think about this possibility? Also, what do you think about specific locations where healing is supposed to take place like Lourdes in France? There have been millions of people who have traveled from all over the world to this spot because they believe it has healing powers. I know that if a loved one is ill that people will pray to God for a cure or a miracle. This is very different from an individual who claims to have received this gift from God or a location like Lourdes. Opinions?

I have been to several "healing" services. The last time I attended,I was asked by Priest to pick up a home bound, wheel chair ridden man, and bring him to the service.
I think the misunderstanding that many have, is the presumption that the "healing" is always suppose to be physical.
I have witnessed many "healings". No physical ones yet though.
But I don't rule them out.

Old 01-19-2008, 08:58 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,097 times
Lightbulb What's Your Opinion of Faith Healing?

I'd say it only works on someone who isn't ill in the first place.

But it's a proven producer at revival meetings.

Old 01-19-2008, 09:14 AM

1,197 posts, read 3,582,358 times
As a follower of Jesus Christ, I believe that the gifts of healing are still accessible for today, but our faith has nothing to do with God healing or not healing us. We can have faith for lots of things, but that doesn't change anything. It's really about Him and does He get the glory out of the healing or lack thereof?
Yes, we need to live by faith everyday for our daily bread as Jesus says, but keep in mind we also live in a fallen world and our bodies are deteriorating every day. I rejoice when I hear about someone being healed from something that has plauged them for years, but we must remember that God does not always heal physical maladies. We pray for healing, but we also pray that God's WILL would be done, whatever that might be.

Peace

Last edited by UNT_Eagle; 01-19-2008 at 09:31 AM..

Old 01-19-2008, 09:21 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,507,948 times
This is a really tough and very controversial subject..I wasn't going to post, but with recent things going on in my life..I just have to say that God answers our prayers for healing. We may not associate a certain event or blessing with what we prayed for, but on deep thought I find that most of my healing prayers are answered..He may not heal a body, but he will heal the fright,the impatience of waiting for answers, the worry about family and friends who have to accept illness as part of life..I believe God does heal..He heals my spirit, He heals my fright, He heals my pain, He heals my worries...He heals my anxieties about the future. He has healed my soul..and I find perfect peace and a wonderful healing with that..

Old 01-19-2008, 10:29 AM

3,517 posts, read 13,260,698 times
It is a well demonstrated fact that some 30% of healing is done by just believing in a healing factor. It is called the placebo effect. The placebo effect is real and the healing is real. Drugs or medical interventions must show a statistically significant increase over the placebo effect to be called effective.

Given that the human mind can heal the body all by itself at about a third of the time, it is not surprising that faith healing works. But it is also true that any faith in any action works at the same rate. Whether the belief is in a faith healer, witch doctor, the waters at Lourdes, the Ganges or some other place, meditation, or a sugar pill, the patient gets healed in 1 out of 3 cases.

If it works, then that is great. So far as I know, there aren't negative physical side effects with faith healing unless the "healer" also includes some form of abuse. Not so with most active medical interventions including most prescription drugs.

Old 01-19-2008, 11:38 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,884,530 times
Spend a half hour watching this video clip:

Sid Roth's Messianic Vision: Guest: Delores Winder, TV Show 1 of 2

And, this one:

Sid Roth's Messianic Vision: Guest: Delores Winder, TV Show 2 of 2

Healing from God is real.

Bud
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality