Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 02:15 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,317,542 times

Advertisements

Have there ever been any documented cases of faith healing? Anecdotes and stories about dead men in India who probably weren't really dead, don't count.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 12:36 PM

91 posts, read 97,660 times
An HBO special documented Hinn’s crusade in Portland, Oregon. On stage Hinn performed 76 alleged miracles. The documentary’s producers asked the ministry for the names of the healed. Thirteen weeks later, only five names were received. Upon investigation, none had received an actual healing. One of those was 10 year-old Ashmil Prakash who had been stricken with two brain tumors. Despite the “healing” pronounced by Hinn and the pledge made by his impoverished parents to give thousands of dollars to Hinn’s ministry, the child died seven weeks after the crusade.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:19 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
My input....on most everything....but on this topic....

Listen to those that have been healed or are healers.
Any and all the rest are speculating, so disregard.

PS, God didn't "give" kidney problems, btw....lifestyle or 10 other things did.
That ole tired reasoning gets so boring....ie...blame God for everything.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:31 PM

I studied healing for probably 2 years, because it fascinated me..."Whassup with that?"

I am not surprised that weeks later people could not maintain their healing.

I went to a service in July 2009...suddenly they did an 'altar call' for anyone that wanted
a healing...Damn! Did I have problems...Hell YES! I'll go up....
That was on a Sat ...I was dragged again the next eve by a friend...just sitting I
saw the difference from the night before....by Wed...I was completely healed.

Bec of my study...I knew what it took to have a healing , but more important, to maintain it for
more than an hour or a day!!

Whether it was the power of mind over matter or a gift from God....I go with the gift
from God...the gift that makes me not cynical and filled with doubt...like a child.
I just simply believe in the supernatural...which isn't supernatural at all...its pretty
common place in MY life.
Its unnatural when the supernatural 'doesn't' happen.

Old 11-03-2013, 08:41 PM

19,958 posts, read 13,450,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
God didn't "give" kidney problems, btw....lifestyle or 10 other things did.
That ole tired reasoning gets so boring....ie...blame God for everything.
Well ... I understand what you're saying.

But in my experience most of Christianity gets pretty tired too, giving god credit only for good and blaming Satan (and usually us) for everything that goes wrong.

Besides, it isn't really a matter of "blaming god for everything" so much as it is simply describing the logical impossibility of a tri-omni god tolerating suffering of any kind for any reason. If you don't believe god is simultaneously all powerful, all knowing, and all benevolent, then I'm preaching to the choir -- but that is where most of what you're decrying comes from -- failed theodicy.

Old 11-04-2013, 12:51 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,211,938 times
No one blames god for non intervention but we simply ask why this is not consistent with observations. My late wife had the benefit of a prayer chain going and she still died. She never harmed anyone or anything so, logically speaking she should have been in good graces with everything yet, in spite of this, she died. Now I wonder what secret sin she had or what lame excuse you will come up with or simply ignore this inconvenient question?

Mysterious ways will however sweep this under the carpet of inconvenience...

Old 11-04-2013, 01:17 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherelove View Post
That very week my kidney function began to slowly improve and eventually returned to normal.
Even if this was true, and not just made up unverifiable anecdote designed to try and impress people on an internet forum, it would not be evidence of god or miracles or faith healing. At all.

It certainly does not give license to making quiting medical treatment and trusting in faith sound like a good thing. Generally it is not. At all. And children have died because of people spreading dangerous lies like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Have there ever been any documented cases of faith healing? Anecdotes and stories about dead men in India who probably weren't really dead, don't count.
No. 100% of miraculous healing stories I have heard always turn out to be "I got better, I do not know why, therefore god".

It is yet another in a long line of example of people who use open questions AS evidence for makey up answers to those questions. "No answer is available, therefore the thing I just made up is true".

Quote:
My input....on most everything....but on this topic....

Listen to those that have been healed or are healers.
Any and all the rest are speculating, so disregard.
Which in plain English reads to me as "Listen to those who agree with me and ignore the rest".

Confirmation bias and selection bias much? Like stacking the cards in your favor do you? Nice.

Old 07-22-2019, 01:11 PM

4 posts, read 1,068 times
HEALING by faith – truth and fiction...

GOD cannot fit into any Religion. God is the CREATOR of all Religions.

All Religions are offered to people by GOD as a TEMPTATION.

GOD TEMPTS THOUGHTS. THE AUTHOR OF ALL THOUGHTS IS GOD. There is no one but GOD who can create THOUGHTS. All living beings only perceive the mind of THOUGHT FROM GOD.

The idea of creating Religions and Churches also came and come from GOD HIMSELF.

People could not resist the TEMPTATION FROM GOD and separated to GOD by their Religions and Churches. Now everyone has their own God.

There is such a «God» and Christians – JESUS CHRIST.

The truth is that JESUS CHRIST was never God. JESUS CHRIST was never a Healer.

HEALED not JESUS CHRIST. HEALED THE FATHER. HEALED HEALS AND ONLY GOD THE FATHER. There are no other healers.

THE FATHER IS JEHOVAH – CREATOR OF ALL THINGS – THE GOD OF JESUS CHRIST. No other gods.

And although JESUS CHRIST was not God, but JESUS CHRIST was the Son of God. And there is no paradox in that.

Because all living beings – the incarnation of GOD the FATHER and HIS beloved begotten children. And not just JESUS CHRIST.

And you, too.

This means that your body is the body of GOD HIMSELF WHO lives in him, continually abiding in the body of the SOUL.

The SOUL of any living being is GOD himself, living by him.

GOD lives man!

But man does not live by GOD. That's why people get sick. And dies «In» diseases, but not «FROM» diseases.

A person is sick and dies In diseases FROM what violates the LAW of LOVE.

The LAW of LOVE is the ONLY LAW by which God JUDGES a man determines his health, life, death and the afterlife.

The LAW of LOVE: a Person must live so carefully that even the THOUGHT of harming any living creature was unacceptable to him. But to save any living being in trouble, and even more so, doomed to death by other people, the elements or the authorities, a person must make every effort possible and to attract all the resources that are possible. Even if it means begging or dying.

All the resources which a person has, including his life – the resources of GOD HIMSELF AND GOD HIMSELF.

And all living beings are the EMBODIMENTS of GOD, THAT IS GOD HIMSELF, who created the beings and life-giving body of ITS constant stay in them – SOUL.

All the people – and deny GOD are atheists and «believers in CHRIST» and «believers» in any other blatantly violate the LAW of LOVE, and nothing can save them from the eternity of HELL – if they will not stop in his madness destroy all life and will not stand up for life in any of its manifestations.

Everyone who has risen above others in his mind has risen above GOD. This man is the devil, the fate of which GOD said by the mouth of JESUS CHRIST in the GOSPEL.

He who considers himself «independent» of GOD has risen above GOD in his mind.

Anyone who has violated the LAW of LOVE is condemned by GOD to RETRIBUTION – to diseases and sufferings of the body and mind up to incurable and fatal, such as cancer – during life. And after death – eternal hell.

Hell is neither a place nor a time. Hell is an eternal post-mortem state of mind.

To believe in JESUS CHRIST as God – is meaningless. Because «faith» is a TEMPTATION from GOD.

JESUS CHRIST did not believe in GOD. JESUS KNEW GOD.

JESUS CHRIST KNEW GOD – all nature. JESUS and GOD were ONE IN the SAME BODY. JESUS LIVED ACCORDING TO THE LAW OF LOVE.

AND JESUS CHRIST TALKED TO GOD A LIVING DIALOGUE.

Therefore, through JESUS CHRIST, but rather, in the presence of JESUS CHRIST, who SPOKE WITH GOD, the sick were HEALED by GOD. BUT NOT JESUS CHRIST.

Does GOD himself, a living man, need a healer? NOT NEEDED!

The task of JESUS CHRIST was to point out to the sick person and the surrounding people the reasons that led a person to illness – to sins. Sins are violations of the law of LOVE – crimes against life.

LIFE is GOD HIMSELF. Violation of the law of LOVE – is a crime against GOD HIMSELF.

«Go and sin no more» said JESUS CHRIST the man was HEALED by GOD.

Every man can and should become the same as JESUS CHRIST, Who was not ill Himself, and with Which other people were HEALED by GOD – if they agreed to LIVE the LAW of LOVE, i.e. not to commit more crimes against GOD. And GOD is ALL life.

This was the message of the GOSPEL – people living according to the LAW of LOVE is saving the other, becomes impervious to disease and receives a GIFT FROM GOD of ETERNAL LIFE after death. GOD RESCUES the rescuers, not fleeing and not talking about the «God» of JESUS CHRIST.

But to teach people how to live the LAW of LOVE can only be GOD HIMSELF. THAT IS, LOVE ITSELF.

And that GOD could teach man to live the LAW of LOVE, and that HE COULD HEAL him from any diseases, even the worst, incurable and deadly – the man should speak with GOD in a LIVING DIALOGUE. One must become a Disciple of GOD.

A disciple of GOD was JESUS CHRIST.

To become a Disciple of GOD should every person who wants to be HEALED by GOD from any disease and who wants to LIVE FOREVER after death. GOD WANTS to GIVE LIVE ETERNITY with ALL of HIS BELOVED human INCARNATIONS. But the decision is made by man to live as he lives now – in sickness and in the suffering of body and mind, and to die forever after the death of the body, or to be HEALED of all diseases and to be with GOD IN the LIVING ETERNITY.

The path to HEALING begins with a LIVE TWO-WAY(!) THE DIALOGUE WITH GOD. DIALOGUE is not prayer! This is a CONVERSATION for which no Religion, no Church, no priests are needed.

The writer of these lines SPEAKS to GOD as a LIVING DIALOGUE. And I bring other people to this LIVING DIALOGUE WITH the CREATOR. That is, to the TRUE GOD.

GOD HEALED me without any medicine and without any medicine for incurable psoriasis and skin cancer. And not only from these diseases... I KNOW what I write. Because it is written by the WILL of GOD WHO DESIRES to SAVE you. Write TOGETHER WITH GOD.

I can't say everything in this post. But if you are interested in HOW to start TALKING to GOD as a LIVING DIALOGUE – I'll tell you. If you can resist the TEMPTATION FROM GOD to switch to my identity – instead of having to LEARN HOW to TALK WITH GOD for Your own SALVATION.

And yet – everyone is interested – why do I use CAPS? It is the WILL of GOD – this way to HIGHLIGHT something MEANINGFUL in the text, but also a TEMPTATION FROM GOD to readers. Weak stop already this is not able to overcome even this insignificant level, and focus on your condemnation of me as a violator of comfort and rules...

The rule is, that REBELLED against JESUS CHRIST! And for what He was executed.

God the CREATOR of all rules. And GOD – BREAKING all the rules – when it comes to the SALVATION of HIS INCARNATIONS.

GOD LIVES in a man INCESSANT, and not on a schedule or according to the rules. And GOD AWAITS from man the same attitude towards GOD HIMSELF.

The one who TALKS WITH GOD LIVING in DIALOGUE – GOD will TELL him YOURSELF

Or he'll have to die forever.

TALK to GOD – OR GOD will CONDEMN you!

BioMechanic

Last edited by BioMechanik; 07-22-2019 at 01:21 PM..

Old 07-22-2019, 05:29 PM

God doesn't condemn....moving on...

I can't believe I posted here in 2013! On this page...

Old 07-23-2019, 04:36 AM

4 posts, read 1,068 times
Quote:
God doesn't condemn....moving on...
I can't believe I posted here in 2013! On this page...
GOD does not prevent man from moving in ANY direction. Because all the ways are the ways of GOD, who lives by man.

"I am the way and the truth and the life" saith GOD by the mouth of JESUS CHRIST. And GOD did not say that this way is MINE, and that way is not MINE. All ways are God's ways.

But this does not mean that GOD does not condemn the choice of the way. GOD condemns both in life and after the death of the body - as mentioned above.

It is pointless to talk about GOD. GOD cannot be understood by the mind. GOD must be experienced in himself. And with GOD we must SAY live chat.

We must ask God himself whether he forgives everything to man. And we must get a clear answer to this question from GOD himself. And not to speculate what is profitable.

And then it will become clear that all the diseases of man - is the RETRIBUTION of GOD - already in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality