Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 04:06 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
You don't think Jesus knew He was gong to die on the cross.
I never said anything about him not knowing. You are avoiding the obvious problem here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 04:58 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,576,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicIsYourFriend View Post
I never said anything about him not knowing. You are avoiding the obvious problem here.
Unless you are a believer it will remain a problem to understand.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:03 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,839,771 times
According to Hegel the answer depends a lot on whether Eve's apple has to do with Death or is just a miserable misunderstanding for the futurism in Knowledge? Did she control the naming of all worldly objects before we knew what and how to word the certainty of events in the world? It must be that she was more or less afraid of dying.

Old 12-19-2009, 06:14 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
So barbarism and blood sacrifices are required to please God. How nice.
Shades of volcanoes and virgins.

Keep your barbarian God then.

I will keep my more civilized God.

Regards
DL
Who is your god?

Old 12-19-2009, 06:19 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
We seem to disagree on morality so let's see if we can be on the same moral page.
I say that it would be immoral for God to create an etrernal hell.

How do I reach this conclusion?

I answer this simple question.

Would it be just and fair for a man to be able to only sin for 120 years and then have to spend 120000000000000000+ years to eternity, in a place of torture?

My answer was, no it would not be fair or just and therefore God would not create such a place.

Have a go at this simple question and we can see if we can move on.

Regards
DL
Morality is defined by God. He is the creator. He makes the rules.

What you don't understand is that God is holy & cannot tolerate sin in His presence. Man cannot do enough to save himself. Only Jesus' blood can cover our sins. Without it, we have no chance of eternal life.

Old 12-19-2009, 07:11 PM

2,071 posts, read 2,162,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
You don't think Jesus knew He was gong to die on the cross.
No. I'm sure he didn't have any idea when he began his Mission. And, frankly, neither did his Heavenly Father.

Old 08-14-2011, 06:09 AM

1 posts, read 736 times
All the Chrisitan replies here use several words unthinkingly. God, Souls, heaven, hell, sin, etc. Words that have NEVER been demonstrated to be real. They build their entire case out of the sheerest of conjecture, based on unfounded religious concepts that come from our primitive past.

First prove those things exist, THEN build on them.

Old 08-14-2011, 08:39 AM

5,187 posts, read 6,942,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Because when we "love God and each other" . . . we don't want to do those things that you would call sin. If you are trying to allude to the silly and childish eating of fruit incident in Eden believed to be the original sin that supposedly condemned ALL of humankind. . . I ask you . . . Do you seriously believe the Almighty God Creator of the Universe and all that is in it would condemn our entire species for a single act of eating a fruit in disobedience???
You betcha!!! God does not like disobedience.

Old 08-14-2011, 09:16 AM

15,501 posts, read 17,078,401 times
The idea that Jesus(as) was sacrificed to atone for man's sins, seems to be a very unChristian act. What would any Christian think of a neighbor father who allowed his son to be murdered by the school principal and teachers to keep the disobedient brats, in the school, from having to go to detention?

This concept of God(swt) coming down from heaven in the form of being his own son and to die a s a sacrifice to himself so that the sins of man can be forgiven, goes against the very nature of what all scripture taught about God(swt).

This seems to be the ultimate form of elevating man's ego to the point of recreating God(swt) in the image of Man. the hidden message is man has become superior to God(swt). Man has forced God(swt) to commit a horrible and evil act to satisfy mankind. What bodacious egos some humans have.

If a man truly had one drop of goodness how could he believe such a thing to be true and still live with the knowledge that his faults caused an innocent man to suffer unbelievable torture?

Can man ever mature to the point of accepting the consequences of his actions throw himself at the judgement of God(swt) and accept the results of his actions? Can not man trust in God(swt) and know that he can sincerely repent and that God(swt) is a God(swt) of mercy who does have the ability to forgive repentant sinners? does man not know that god(swt) is all powerful, fair in judgement and with endless mercy? God(swt) can and will forgive the repentant with just saying he is forgiven. God(swt) requires nothing not sacrifices or bribes. Man needs to accept responsibility for his actions and know that he he is frail and will err, but if he is sincere and is truly remorseful, Allaah(swt) has the power and mercy to forgive.

This idea of God(swt) needing to suffer in order for man to be forgiven has to be the epitome of Human arrogance.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:51 PM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You betcha!!! God does not like disobedience.
Nor man knowing he is autonomous and doing his own will.
That makes God a tyrant and tyrants should not be followed.

Disobedience and Punishment - YouTube

Regards
DL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality