Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2009, 04:10 PM

14,164 posts, read 27,225,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So you are also saying you can reject the Bible and still be Christian? Is that what you are trying to say?

According to the Bible you are wrong, but of course if you say you don't believe in the Bible in the first place, then there is nothing to talk about. You don't believe in the Bible, then you can't possibly be a Christian, because it is the story of Christ and Christianity. How could you possibly make an argument that it came from somewhere else? Christians believe in the Bible. Period. What do you believe in? Just curious, what message could he be teaching? Which book does he refer to?

PS How do you know there is only one God if you don't believe in the Bible? The Bible says so, but since you reject it, then why do you think there is only one God? Who told you? Also, what does this gay pastor teach in his 'Christian' Church, if not the word of God, the Bible? Which book does he refer to, if not the Bible? Just curious....
Sorry, I have to correct you. According to "your interpretation" of the Bible. There are many different interpretations, hence all the different denominations. My church is Presbyterian and accepts gay people as they are. My personal belief is that people who are rabidly anti-gay seek out churches that are the same, using the Bible to justify hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 04:13 PM

Quote:
OK, here is your chance: tell me of another way to be saved and become a Christian apart from the way the Bible teaches.

I am listening, and so is God.

The floor is yours.
Some Christians are "saved" via the evangelical way, others through confirmation. You have no clue who is or isn't "saved" and never will. Why not worry about yourself rather than finger pointing and demonizing every Christian and Christian church that doesn't interpret the Bible the same way you do?

Old 12-20-2009, 04:47 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverian View Post
Sorry, I have to correct you. According to "your interpretation" of the Bible. There are many different interpretations, hence all the different denominations. My church is Presbyterian and accepts gay people as they are. My personal belief is that people who are rabidly anti-gay seek out churches that are the same, using the Bible to justify hatred.
Your church may be OK with homosexuality, but the Bible is not. There is simply no room for misunderstandings when it comes to this issue.

Like I said, all gays are welcome to any Christian church is they are searching for Christ, but once they accept Christ, the lifestyle must me abandoned because it is incompatible with the way of the Lord.

I have never been to a church which is anti-gay, only to churches which are anti-sin. It seems as if you church has chosen to tolerate some sin, and that goes strictly against the Bible itself, because the Bible does not tolerate any sin. Let's remember that every believer is still s sinner, but you can't continue to live in HABITUAL and CONTINUOUS sin if you are a Christian. So, the homosexual lifestyle would have to end. That is incompatible with the word of God. Otherwise, where do you draw the line? Do you tolerate a person who raped and intends to rape again? Or a prostitute, who is not willing to give up her profession? Or crimial, who has no interest in giving up robbing people? You can't pick and choose.

Denominations are a trap. You move from church to church until you find one which tolerates sin? No, you read the bible and learn which is acceptable and what is not, and you will learn that homosexuality is simply not acceptable.

Old 12-20-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Some Christians are "saved" via the evangelical way, others through confirmation. You have no clue who is or isn't "saved" and never will. Why not worry about yourself rather than finger pointing and demonizing every Christian and Christian church that doesn't interpret the Bible the same way you do?
Do not twist my words. I am saying you can't be Christian if you reject the Bible. If you reject the Bible, there is nothing to interprept. Do you agree with that?

Answer the question: Do you believe you can reject the Bible and still be a Christian?

Old 12-20-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Your church may be OK with homosexuality, but the Bible is not. There is simply no room for misunderstandings when it comes to this issue.

Like I said, all gays are welcome to any Christian church is they are searching for Christ, but once they accept Christ, the lifestyle must me abandoned because it is incompatible with the way of the Lord.

I have never been to a church which is anti-gay, only to churches which are anti-sin. It seems as if you church has chosen to tolerate some sin, and that goes strictly against the Bible itself, because the Bible does not tolerate any sin. Let's remember that every believer is still s sinner, but you can't continue to live in HABITUAL and CONTINUOUS sin if you are a Christian. So, the homosexual lifestyle would have to end. That is incompatible with the word of God. Otherwise, where do you draw the line? Do you tolerate a person who raped and intends to rape again? Or a prostitute, who is not willing to give up her profession? Or crimial, who has no interest in giving up robbing people? You can't pick and choose.

Denominations are a trap. You move from church to church until you find one which tolerates sin? No, you read the bible and learn which is acceptable and what is not, and you will learn that homosexuality is simply not acceptable.

All personal opinion. And a fairly insulting opinion at that.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Do not twist my words. I am saying you can't be Christian if you reject the Bible. If you reject the Bible, there is nothing to interprept. Do you agree with that?

Answer the question: Do you believe you can reject the Bible and still be a Christian?
I don't reject the Bible. I reject those who pick and choose Bible verses to justify ignorance and hatred. You choose to interpret the Bible to go along with your dislike or hatred of gay people. You're certainly free to do that. I really don't care what you believe, or whether you think I'm Christian, the equivalent of a rapist and robber, hell bound, or whatever. That's your problem, not mine.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:45 PM

981 posts, read 806,025 times
Quote:
All personal opinion. And a fairly amusing opinion at that.
Fixed it.

(At least for me, anyway).

Old 12-20-2009, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
Fixed it.

(At least for me, anyway).
Yes, better!

Old 12-20-2009, 07:48 PM

Regarding the evangelical church in the article, I'd say it's very positive. Personally, I don't go for that style of worship, but it's nice to know that all evangelicals aren't gay haters.

Old 12-20-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
All personal opinion. And a fairly insulting opinion at that.
Not my opinon. I didn't write the Bible. Sorry. I think you should read the Bible for yourself and learn the truth. That way you'll know what it says about issues like homosexuality, and you won't have to rely purely on your demonitions version of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality